Akisunni Indoor Cold & Hot Grow Zones

I just ran through your grow akisunni and it's damned impressive. Love your combination of tech and cannabis. LOL!

I think we can put away that archaic idea about not being able to get good buds out of CFLs, don't you? I'm still planning to upgrade to an LED, but the CFLs have been very good to me so far and I've harvested potent product from just CFLs in the past.

You have talent for this akisunni. Maybe your daughters have the right idea.

Hi SweetSue,

Thank you for the visit and the kind words. While I am also looking forward to a grow with an LED system to compare with, I am more then happy with the yield CFLs have generated in 3 months. I am running 300 (real) watts per grow space and they are producing enough to keep me in medicine going forward.

Gr8 2 c ur continuing success, was worried about mould but u cut back all waste green, with leds , and I've spent years waiting for the correct time/efficiency n cost, but truth is you need to use about as many watts as hid to really compete throughout a full grow.
Just my opinion but a thought out opinion.
When's the smoke review? We're all waiting my friend.
May everything go from strength to strength in all aspects of your life, from the heart and London Town.

As an HID guy, I can understand the penetration factor, as a pothead I can understand the terpene quantity and quality factor. I want to one day mix the two and have better than each alone.

Sky , m8 I totally agree with you , a decent mix of light bandwidths will I hope give me the best results.
Must find out more about aduino setups. ATB

As an HID guy, I can understand the penetration factor, as a pothead I can understand the terpene quantity and quality factor. I want to one day mix the two and have better than each alone.

My plan is to upgrade to LED for the canopy and supplement with CFLs underneath. Using CFLs has spoiled me to being able to get light right up inside the plant. And yes, you're correct susat66, in the end I'll probably still be at around 300 watts, but at least 90 of those will be low energy LED.

To add a few grams just myler ur cabinet, those extra lumens all add to ur end total.
Hope all went well today m8:peace:

Do you think that silver mylar(I think it's silver?) makes a great difference over a plain white surface? My cupboard is white and I have been toying with the idea of covering with silver but I'm not sure if it'l make enough of a difference to be worth it. What are people's thoughts?

Looking awesome, Aks. Glad to hear you have a system to keep yourself perpetually in smoke, that's what I dream of. :high-five:

Peace all.

-J.

Smoke Review:

Background:

Big Girl was mislabeled when I planted my first two girls. Lets start with the first data point. She is a Stinky Pinky strain. I will be keeping her strain alive for a while... Now the details...

Flower Smell:

Her flowers are the most amazing smell. Its worth having around just for the name sake if you can grow in your house and enjoy the smells that she releases.

The smell can best be summed up as fruit loops and a juicy fruit like bubble gum smell. I have smoked weed since the 80's. I am used to skunky, or funky, but never have I experienced a plant with the smells of Big Girl.

Smoke:

Smooth, considering this stuff has only been cut for 5 days or so. It smoother then most stuff I get from the dispensary already.

It appears to have gone full term. There is very little head buzz. This is medical grade pain meds here. You can smoke it during the day and function. It also has given me two deep naps around 4pm, after I have done some manual labor in the garden, and have a back spasm in effect. However, I havent sleep deep for either of the last two nights, so its not a knock out.

Taste:

Its one of the few buds you almost want to eat more then smoke. The amazing smells stick to your olfactories giving that sweet taste and smell to your nostrils 30 minutes after you smoke it. It tastes delicious. It is editable as is.

Grow Thoughts:

While I am very happy to have 4-5 oz of medical grade pain relief, I am honestly a bit saddened by the lack of head affects. I am not the type to smoke or drink and drive. I just dont do it.

I can easily drive after smoking this. Its lack of fun factor is made up for in "soft" pain relief. However, I have smoked other stuff that handled pain by putting you directly to sleep. This doesn't do that either. Its removing the pain, and not slowing me down much.

I will be finishing the rest of this grow of Big Girl. I will keep her clones around and in inventory. I am, however, thinking of rotating her space with a new plant grow due to the lack of buzz to the pain relief. Simply said, I like a little buzz with my pain meds.

For my first grow I am extremely happy with this plant, and its delivered product. It lived up to its real name. I have started my inventory of improving bud. Its been a great education plant, and I still have the mislabeled Blue Dream (otherwise known as the original Ms Stinky Pinky by accident) to harvest next. She has some extreme bud growth going on. I have put aside a nugget from her for testing this weekend also.

What's the ratio of trichome color in the harvested buds? Not enough amber trics may have lead to a diminished stone. I was just gifted some Royal Medic that is purported to have equal THC - CBD profiles and gives me a very mild stone, so perhaps your girl also has a good amount of CBD?

The very first cannabis that I nurtured to harvest (it was an adoptee) was a No Name Medical that had the sweetest buds I had ever encountered. I had to decarboxilate the harvest so I could eat the buds whole. It was like candy, and I have been haunted by that lovely memory ever since. Two hits and your mind immediately went into creative and you had to get up and DO something! I think I need to grow another this year, in better soil and with better lighting. I had no idea what I was doing when I grew her and as a result we got less than 1/2 oz. off her.

I, like you, prefer a med that takes me into a more creative mindset. Thankfully, I'm the healthy one in this relationship, so I have no need for pain meds. I'm always looking for the head high, so I tend to harvest when the trichomes are more on the milky stage. As good a producer as Big Girl was I would eliminate her too. She did grow like a monster, didn't she?

Do you think that silver mylar(I think it's silver?) makes a great difference over a plain white surface? My cupboard is white and I have been toying with the idea of covering with silver but I'm not sure if it'l make enough of a difference to be worth it. What are people's thoughts?

Looking awesome, Aks. Glad to hear you have a system to keep yourself perpetually in smoke, that's what I dream of. :high-five:

Peace all.

-J.

Jesstar, when I was researching reflective surfaces I discovered that the difference between Mylar and ultra-white flat paint was not significant enough to be worth the expense and frustration of trying to cover these walls with Mylar. It must be ultra white and it must be flat. I find it much easier to deal with the paint. I actually went to Michael's and purchased some foam filled project boards to hang over the uneven painted walls (old, old Victorian building with uneven walls). They were inexpensive and gave my closet smooth, flat white reflective surfaces with no pits or shadows that can be moved to change up the space if need be. Inexpensive and functionally adaptable. Keeping life simple is one of my major goals.

Another relatively inexpensive option is the 3/4" thick foam boards that are mylar on one side and white on the back for about $11 or less at the orange or blue hardware stores. 4' x 8' panels.

Skybound.

I believe it has a decent CBD level. It works at the level of 1 Vicodin or so of pain relief. Its enough to get through the daily pain of existence, but I am not high nor pain free. No complaints about the end product, and the results probably have more to do with my growing it then the plant.

SweetSue.

Bingo. My dream weed(s) would be a maui wowwie strain in the morning, and a knock your self out CBD buzz for night. I bought three plants when I started this grow. One of them was a Maui Blue, which in hindsight was one of the best strains I could have found. I should have given it the Big Girl grow space. It was the one put outside and used as a control plant.

I only smoked it once on a beach in Oahu in the late 80's. I was hanging out at 3 am with a local fisherman on the beach. I was bumming a cigarette from him and he asked me if I smoked. I looked down at the burning cig and said... oh ya. He got excited handed me his fishing pole ran off to his car.

We smoked that single joint, and I swear I was still getting higher at 6 am that morning as I tried to sleep between outrigger canoes. For the rest of my life, I have never ever experienced a buzz like that.

When I cut down the Maui Blue and smoked it... I was in Hawaii again. Only in was early in the day. I tore into my messy garage and power stacked 10,000 pounds of books ignoring my bad back. The Maui flat out is the most motivating bud I have ever smoked. Its uplifting. It's like nothing I have smoked. As soon as my dispensary has a new clone batch in, I am getting one and starting a perpetual home grow

Hahaha I'm with you on the sativa in the morning, indica at night thing. Too many of my friends only ever want sativas or indicas, its like... they both are good come on.

As for the bud wash yeah everyone's doing them differently now - b.real has me thinking about removing the baking soda from now on - but see when you have pest problems and potential mold worries, AND you have a vaporizer like me where your buds are gonna taste great all the time (I've smoked my baking soda washed buds and noticed - they definitely don't taste like they do in the vape) - the baking soda is really a non issue. My washed buds are AMAZING out of my EQ Arizer. But that's for me and my family and friends - I'm not planning on selling any of my buds any time soon, or providing medical bud for patients, if I were planning on that I'd nix the baking soda because I have uncertanties about its effects, chemicals and organics are something to avoid.

Are you still having pest problems? Mealybugs can be a bitch, so can spider mites. I think that's what your messed up bud pics back a few pages could have been from, not bud rot or deficiencies, pests, though I've never seen it get that bad honestly without outright dying.. if thats what it was.

great review you did there - though I'm sorry it isn't the meds you quite need. It's a first harvest, it'll get better don't worry, it might not be the strain either, grow it another time your opinions may totally change, no 2 grows are exactly the same, especially when you're doing organics. my first harvest gave absolutely nothing smokeable so....... yeah. Be proud lol, I have no first grow success stories, or even second grow ones. My second grow got buds - but they were so full of seeds it was how I imagined smoking pine needles would taste. LOL. Third time was the charm, buds, without seeds, grown outdoors full term and very resinous and lemony flavored. then the indoor skill came. growing is a learning process and you seem to be a quick learner. Keep it up! and I enjoy your writing... I really hope your back pain is starting to get under control and I wish you sleep-filled nights :Namaste:

I think the baking soda used in the wash is meant mostly to function as an abrasive material, but because of it's alkalinity would also be good for washing off any mildew. Whatever people's preference, simply dunking in water is better than not washing at all.

Quick Update:

Big Girl

I pulled big girl back out of her grow space. She has an amazing amount of new micro dark green leaves growing everywhere. Most are about the size of a dime to quarter. I was honestly shocked with how much her smaller nuggets had grown, but at the same time none of them were showing new white growth. I took that to mean I was growing density but not complexity.

She received her second hair cut, producing 51 grams of dense purple nugs. They were dry on the plant, so I am going to just trim and toss into a new glass jar. They average 1-3 grams each almost zero stalks involved. Pictures tomorrow.

I am going to move Big Girl outside and let the Sun and her decide what is left of her nugget supply. I believe there is a third harvest from her in a month or so. It will be interesting to see what the Sun can do for her.

I also hope that the new growth that was stimulated under the 24/0 lighting with CO2 is enough to kick start her capacity to weather the rest of winter outside.

Ms Cherry Bomb

I moved Cherry Bomb, who is burning her top in the old 36/12 space, and moved her into the 12/12 space of Big Girl. She was too tall from stretching already, so as I gave her some tie down points, she cracked in the middle. Its not a break, and it should heal. Its more of an extreme stress event.

Ms Blue Dream, the plant formerly known as Ms Stinky

Ms Blue is still undergoing funky, and I mean funky growth. She is generating an extreme amount of new white hair growth all over inside of her buds. Since they where really airy before, its nice to see her fill out the flowers. The 6 weeks of 36/12 appear to have grown out her bud carry capacity, as she isnt blinking as she grows buds the size of soda cans.

The outdoor couple

I am back to thinking that the most likely reality is that Baggy is a boy. It hasnt shown any specific sign for either type, but there is small growths that will most likely turn out to be pollen. Either way, Baggy loves it outside. Is growing and healthy. Poor Dear Jerry isnt happy that her warm home turned into a cold outdoor life style. It will be interesting to see if she produces any seeds at all or buds for that matter.

The Big Girls Healthy Clones

I was going to give them to a friend, as I have enough of Big Girl currently, however I am not sure if my friend can take them. I am in an odd spot where I dont really want or need them, but they are extremely healthy and root bound in their containers. They are ready for the Big Time...

I might plant them in 5 gallon buckets and go outdoors with them...

Today's Update with Pictures

Big Girl the Stinky Pinky...

Is now an outdoor girl. I can bring her inside if we have a spell of extremely cold nights, but if not, she will spend the rest of her time as you see her here. That is unless you guys say to do something otherwise. As you can see, she is covered still in equal sized micro purple budlets.

IMG_30139.JPG
IMG_30149.JPG
IMG_30167.JPG

Ms Blue Dream formally known as Ms Stinky

Her buds are still just growing like crazy. She now has her own grow space for the first time since I purchased her around Oct 1st. She is still growing buds like crazy, so no clue when to say her time is done. Hell, maybe I try to reveg her too. lol

IMG_30056.JPG
IMG_300613.JPG
IMG_30077.JPG
IMG_300810.JPG
IMG_30098.JPG
IMG_30106.JPG
IMG_300412.JPG
IMG_300311.JPG
IMG_29917.JPG
IMG_298911.JPG

Outdoor Couple

Pretty danged sure Baggy is a boy now... Also, will allow Big Girl to be exposed to Baggy when he lets fly with his future pollen. I wouldn't mind a supply of seeds from an extra healthy male cross with Big Girl. Jerry is a clone of Big Girl, but at this point will expose both plants to the seed producer.

IMG_29928.JPG
IMG_29957.JPG
IMG_299410.JPG
IMG_299310.JPG
IMG_29968.JPG

Healthy Clones

Will stay in the family. My two Stinky Clones of Big Girl will be going to my sisters home. She is going to be starting her first grow, and wants a mild but fragrant plant. Big Girl and her clones are perfect for the bill. Also keeps the strain around.

No images at this time.

Nice! And very cool that your sister is growing now. I wonder why Mrs. blue dream and Big Girl have such clawed leaves... I've only ever seen those on plants that had pests personally, so when I see that its scary. but still those forming buds look like they're doing just fine :)

SoilGirl,

Thoughts about me adding worms to my semi organic dirt grows? And what about buying a tub of night crawlers from the tac store? I wouldn't mind dropping some worms into my 3-15 gal containers if you think it would honestly help the plants.
tac store? lol I just googled that, like a tactical/survival store? Haha I suppose if they're nightcrawlers I can't imagine them being bad for your soil outside or in, they seem to survive even in my mom's miracle gro pots towards the bottom to my astonishment. But I'd really just recommend digging up a few local ones if at all possible. anyways they'll eventually get to just the right population for your pots.

I can't find your soil mix right now aki would you mind sharing?

Thank you Soil Girl, I am glad to hear you had a good time with the family today tooooo.

Today was the first time in my life, I had all four of my daughters together for Christmas. One of them had been legally adopted away, with out my signature, and been found this fall. So this was her first Christmas with our side.

She is going from a small family on one side, to a huge loving open arms, WE Found you family on the missing side. She just keeps blinking at our family functions (3 now) and smiling as she soaks in the generic family love.

We had a huge family get together today. My older sibs, some in their 70's showed up for the Dinner. Mom is 91 now and Dad is 90, so today was a blessing. I have a picture of my four girls and myself today. Only second one in existence, first was the day we met (group meeting at a restaurant).

My lost daughter is going from only knowing my name (since she was 13), to being scheduled to move into her 91 year old Nanna's house to live this spring for a couple of months as she explores her family heritage. My four girls are extremely friendly with each other. They oddly, seem to have synced up and now txt each other in private.

She is dating a professional gardener of a grow facility, so we both smiled, when this topic came up. Her older but they never knew each other sister, now lives with a former master gardener. It appears to run in our family veins. in some way or another.

Aww I feel so bad I missed this. I can be a horrendous journal subcsriber. How great to know, very late after the fact, that this happened though. It warms my heart to know you got to have such a special holiday too... :) I can relate to treasuring having the family together, it doesn't happen often for too many families these days. Your daughter sure sounds like she belongs :) I'm so glad you got that picture for the memories, and got to have all the generations together. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom