Alaskan Thunderfuck SOG With 315W CMH

Ha I kind of thought the short veg time would have helped keep them smaller for SOG style, but not really. They're doing what they wanna do.

Definitely gonna need to sc, I have a foot of light adjustment left. It's weird how much this plant enjoys being right near that HID. I guess CMH in an air cooled hood is cool enough to be right up close.

The temp differential has dropped at least. 70-79 and keeping 39%-50% RH. Kinda like they're changing the environment to their liking now that they're spreading out...

Oh gave them a very light feeding today...

1 tsp flora nova bloom
1 tsp armor sI
2 tsp ej oily cannot
3 tsp ej catalyst
3 tap labs

In 5 gallons
These are your clones? They got huge.

Ha yeah they grew ridiculously fast, I had to go back and look through my pics just to confirm it...

9/26
full

10/26

Definitely something to consider. I have enough going on that I just throw it in the background and when its ready to play I will move her into the rotation.

I think they will be worth it in the long run. You should have a completely full tent in a month and a half....:popcorn:

Jeez, kinda prophetic haha

Two weeks since the flip, they're doing great. I think the lateral growth has slowed down some, but I still super cropped them to try to get the canopy a little more even height.

They super cropped okay. These little stems are pretty tough, I guess the plant compensates for how how skinny they are by making them tougher. That or it's the ArmorSi I gave them.

Gave them a neem root drench since they've grown so much so fast, I figured the last spray was diffused a bit. I mixed 1 tsp/G into 4-5 gallons of water, pH'd to 6.5

Hey do you use 4200K CMH in veg? I was too cheap so I just went with the 3100K for both veg/flower but it seems like these are pretty stretchy so maybe I should have veg'd with the 4200?
i do my veg under t5s, and when i move to bloom tent, they within a week or so of bloom. I've got a 4200 bulb in my 630w cmh. But when i replace those bulbs, i'm going all 3100s.

Thanks man, finally getting to trimming them. It's five days and the stems are still bendy, so I'm trimming off the big fan leaves and putting them into paper bags. I don't want to risk mold, but I think I've been chronically over-drying my stuff, so trying to put these into the jars JUUUUUST before the stem snaps. I did the Jack Herer like that and everybody liked it.
When the 1st. tiny bud, way down at the bottom of stem, will snap off , without leaving a string, it's time to jar. For me anyhow. I'd rather error on the high side, because once dried to much, (in my judgement, anything below 60rh) It's impossible to cure correctly. I like my pot at about 65, not over 70 rh, when jarring, and within two weeks of burping, I'm usually right about 62%Rh, which is what I thrive for. I've read some folks like it lower, like 58%, but that's too dry for me. Catching up on your journal, as all my watched threads stopped notifying through my email.

When the 1st. tiny bud, way down at the bottom of stem, will snap off , without leaving a string, it's time to jar. For me anyhow. I'd rather error on the high side, because once dried to much, (in my judgement, anything below 60rh) It's impossible to cure correctly. I like my pot at about 65, not over 70 rh, when jarring, and within two weeks of burping, I'm usually right about 62%Rh, which is what I thrive for. I've read some folks like it lower, like 58%, but that's too dry for me. Catching up on your journal, as all my watched threads stopped notifying through my email.

Yeah problem with this is that I didn't really leave them on the branches, had to cut the individual buds off and then dry them on the racks. I've never actually had enough hygrometers to put into the jars sadly. I use to just throw a 62% boveda pack in there, but I always found that to be just tad bit on the moist side.

I really wanna try the low and slow method, but I don't have the patience or the supply to do that with. Same with those malawi cobs. I basically just pick a jar to smoke on while I wait for other jars to cure, makes the wait a little less unmedicated lol

i do my veg under t5s, and when i move to bloom tent, they within a week or so of bloom. I've got a 4200 bulb in my 630w cmh. But when i replace those bulbs, i'm going all 3100s.

Yeah I got the Phillips 3100 because all the testing showed that it had the most intensity and I wanted to be sure I could replace my 400W HPS with it. It's done pretty well so far, but I wish I could do a 4200K and 3100K in a 630W dual fixture.

Yes 630w would be nice, but it needs to be air cooled. Mine is not, so riding the 4x4x6.5 of all that heat, is a job. Mine is in need of two new bulbs, as It's two yrs. old and has original bulbs. right now, I don't have the $$ to replace them.As far as the curing is concerned, good luck finding your style. You & I are on two different paths. I trim my buds while the plant is still in it's pot, cut the whole plant down and hang it upside down, till the tiny-est pop corn will just snap off, without leaving a string, then immediately cut buds of stems and jar them. At this stage, if done right, the meter will say about 65-70 % rh, which is perfect to start your burping routine. I start with twice per day, take lid off and shake jars to loosen the buds for about one min. After one week, I burp one time a day for next week, and then every 3 days for another two weeks. I've experimented with lower ph, but I like it right close to 62% as I can get it. I want it to where the nugs don't stick to each other and before it gets crumbly. Gonna be Xmas before mines ready. My nails are growing faster than my weed !!

Yes 630w would be nice, but it needs to be air cooled. Mine is not, so riding the 4x4x6.5 of all that heat, is a job. Mine is in need of two new bulbs, as It's two yrs. old and has original bulbs. right now, I don't have the $$ to replace them.As far as the curing is concerned, good luck finding your style. You & I are on two different paths. I trim my buds while the plant is still in it's pot, cut the whole plant down and hang it upside down, till the tiny-est pop corn will just snap off, without leaving a string, then immediately cut buds of stems and jar them. At this stage, if done right, the meter will say about 65-70 % rh, which is perfect to start your burping routine. I start with twice per day, take lid off and shake jars to loosen the buds for about one min. After one week, I burp one time a day for next week, and then every 3 days for another two weeks. I've experimented with lower ph, but I like it right close to 62% as I can get it. I want it to where the nugs don't stick to each other and before it gets crumbly. Gonna be Xmas before mines ready. My nails are growing faster than my weed !!

Yeah mine is probably going to be ready around xmas as well, but I've got all this outdoor to sit on until then. I've been aching to make some bubblehash.

Yeah the one downside about CMH is that they're so expensive to replace the lamp. If it goes out, you better have fundage. Kinda makes me miss being able to run out and replace an HPS for under $20.

Yeah I'm not like, stuck to any one way of drying/trimming, I tend to always feel I over-dry them, but I can never seem to maximize my dry-time. This time around I decided to try to keep the fan leaves on them and pile them up in my drying racks so that they fan leaves made them hold more moisture. It gave me like 7 days of drying time versus the usual 3-4, so I think that did what I intended, but I think I've been jarring them when they're too dry. Just afraid of mold really. I forget to burp them :/

Also, things are going pretty good with the indoor girls now. I have supercropped them pretty evenly and that canopy is pretty solid. Meanwhile the side-lighting has contributed to an unexpected phenomenon... The middle plants are using up their water a lot faster than the plants on the perimeter of the T5's lighting. So I think with the CMH light pretty much evened out, the inequality of the side-lighting is causing growing differences. I don't think I'll be able to do any automated watering since I won't be able to reliably count on all the plants being the same level of dry at the same time.

Well you have your work cut out for you on this grow if you want to maintain any order of that, but I think you are going to be rewarded very nicely when it comes time for harvest. Looking good brother!

Well you have your work cut out for you on this grow if you want to maintain any order of that, but I think you are going to be rewarded very nicely when it comes time for harvest. Looking good brother!

Yeah it's getting pretty hard to reach through there to get to the plants in the back. The buds are pretty big for only being about two weeks since the flip. My biggest worry is just that these stems are so thin, I don't think they will really support much weight.

I almost had a mini panic when I saw that spiderweb of nodes. I hope you have some yo-yos lol. Looking awesome.

Just string haha I've got them tied up to the bamboo steaks by the main stem, and I've tied a few branches that were too close to the tent walls closer to the main stem. I'm gonna wait about a week or so more and see what else is sagging and needs to be tied up close. Gonna try to do it a little at a time, and going from back to front, that way I don't have to do as much reaching through to the back plants.

Truth is a lot of the little branches near the bottom have already been broken reaching back and forth :eek: I'm just gonna call those "supercropped" lol

Well, the flowers are coming along nicely. The supercrops seemed to have knuckled up nicely, though they didn't really keep the plants tamed for long.

Just watered yesterday. No nutrients, going to give them another week for that. They're sucking up water very quickly, but not heavy feeders. In fact even with that last feeding and a neem root drench, I saw a little bit of burn on the leaf tips, so I will probably give them some P and K booster and some tea on the next watering and then just go with plain water until they show me they need something more. Minimalism.

The trim off my outdoor made some lovely ice water hash. I did three runs, and then used the left over trim for edibles. I'm blown away by how good this butter tastes! Not sure it's very potent after 3 runs in bubble bags, but it's tasty so who cares.

I fed them today with some nutrients. This cut seems to be really calcium needy so I am obliging, along with giving it some P and K since we're getting into midflower. I'm also keeping the Si going strong since the limbs are fairly spindly, I want them to be nice and strong.

In 5 galons...

2 tbsp ej catalyst
2 tbsp ej oily cann (call mag supplement with humid acid)
2 tbsp GH armor sI
1 tsp flora nova
1 tbsp ej bloomin master (0-50-30)

PPM equaled 445 and I ph'd to 6.5

I have noticed the plants closer to the t5 are drinking water much faster. I suppose that makes sense, more photosynthesis going on. But I don't notice much more bulk on them.

Having to keep up the super cropping.

Meanwhile I don't know what to do with this one...

I wonder if it will survive long enough to be transplanted outdoors.

I think you are going to have a pretty good yield from that grow brother! There are going to be lots of buds in there!!
Yeah man, this cut has got the yield genes turned on for sure!

I did end up getting some seeds out of it, but I"m not sure if they're ATF x ATF or ATF x Bangi Haze

Not sure if I wanna keep trying to run this cut for the yield or try new strains.

Well the temperatures are finally good enough that I can start up my indoor grow. Just got some cuts taken off this monster Alaskan Thunderfuck that I've got growing outdoors.

Very excited to grow this, the plant has been extremely vigorous despite some pretty stressful conditions. I've seen lots of pictures of buds from Van Stank, so hoping it comes out as good as his did.

I decided on a 9x 3 gallon pot SOG setup, trying to restrict it to a 3x3 footprint since that's what the CMH lights up best. I'm still debating whether I want to start them in their final pot or transplant them through intermediate sizes. I took the precaution this time around to clean and bleach all my pots and trays.

So I went and got clones today. I guess I forgot how to count, because I meant to get 20, but anyway, here's 17 cuts waiting to root. I put some Clone-X on the stems and that's about it besides giving the leaves a little hair-cut. My cloner is simply some water with an air stone in it. I generally have really high percentages of success with this method, even if it takes a little longer.

I am thinking that I will take a cut to be a mother plant as well, but I've never really done that before and I don't have very much extra soil or pots., so I'm guessing I will have to make a mother, then half way through clone that into a new pot because it will probably become root-bound.

So here's the abbreviated run-down...

Growspace: Two 4x4 tents

Lights:

Cloning: House-hold LEDs cut open and shoved into a hood.
Early Vegetative: 8x 2ft T5
Late Vegetative/Flowering: 315 W CMH

Nutrients and Suppliments:

General Hydro FloraNova Bloom
GrowMore Hawaiian Bud and Bloom
EarthJuice Bloomin Masters
EarthJuice Catalyst
General Hydro ArmorSi

Strain:

Alaskan Thunderfuck

Soil:

Fox Farms Happy Frog

Pots:

9x 3 gallon + 1 3 gallon for mother

Training/Style:

Sea of Green

So in the meantime while I wait for roots, does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on starting them in the final pot versus smaller pots?
If ur guna scrog, 1 pot. Once they stretch into the net, u cant be moving them.

Back
Top Bottom