Alaskan Thunderfuck SOG With 315W CMH

What are your temps like? What about RH? Your Rh is a bit lower there right? I have driven through your neck of the woods and always remember the humidity relatively low. Much higher out near the coast.

Yeah pretty much desert air here. On the upside I've never even seen powdery mildew or bud rot on a plant. They're getting pretty low, one week we already dipped down 35 for the lows, and it's sticking around 45 a little more. In the past I've just let them go until the first freeze warnings. That will probably be early-mid November unless we have a freak cold snap. Farmer's almanac says it's supposed to be a warmer October this year though, so I'm crossing my fingers.

This is what October looked like last year...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-10-05_10-40-48.png
    Screenshot_2018-10-05_10-40-48.png
    36.4 KB · Views: 52
Okay here's a week's worth of growth...

Things aren't going perfectly, the temperatures a little high. Things are getting colder outside so I don't want to keep running the air conditioner, but my apartment holds heat very well and my tent is always 10 degrees higher than the ambient room temperature. I'm wondering if I need new carbon scrubbers and if they're limiting the air flow or something, because I don't remember my temps ever being this high.

Then there's this... I don't know why I would be having calcium issues. I'm pretty use to this soil, though I've never grown sativas in it and this phenotype sure seems to be on the sativa side of ATF's lineage.

However it could be that my pots STILL haven't dried out. Since I watered them at the transplant into the 3 gallon buckets they've been pretty much saturated ever since. They're just now finally starting to dry out.

They're a lot more stretched out than I'd like to see as well. With the heat issues, I decided I better raise the light a little bit. The more recent nodes aren't as stretched out as some of the earlier ones, but I still don't want to let it get out of control. The light has been within 20" of them since I last lowered it, and they all grew up quite fast and closed that range to about 10-12" in no time, so I think that might have something to do with the heat issues especially with the ambient air around them being over 86F. It's weird, it looks like a sativa, but sure doesn't seem to tolerate warmer temps.

I think I have got to bite the bullet and chill my room out down to mid 60s. I don't care so much, I like the cool, but I was trying to put off running my 315 until it was cold enough outside that I didn't need the air conditioner. That's an extra 4 amps on a 30 amp fuse that I'm constantly having worried I'm gonna pop. But that high/low differential being close to 20 degrees definitely isn't helping the node spacing.

So the gameplan... Well, I'm in pretty good shape to go along with the SOG plan like I had originally intended, but the plant I had reserved for a mother plant is still stuck in a 1 gallon pot since I didn't have enough soil to put it in a 3. It seems pretty root bound and like it's not growing, so if I do commit to the SOG style, I might not maximize my yield like I should and would have to count on that mother coming through for me so I can turnover my next cycle and make it worth the shorter veg time.

On the other hand, right now it's looking like they're going to get real tall and lanky, and I've been down this road before, so I might not have much of a choice in when I should switch them to flower unless I want a bunch of popcorn buds and larf down on the lower branches. BUT one thing I can do if that mother plant doesn't work out, is take the T5 that I was going to use to veg that, and hang it vertically along with the 315 CMH so I get more blue spectrum as well as more light at the lower branches.

I don't have another light to use for cloning if I use the T5 for supplimental lighting though. I mean, I used a couple of household LEDs to clone some of these, but I had rigged them up into a reflector and I don't think they'd work well to clone without one. At least, not so well that I could take a clone of these before flower, then sustain them under those little LEDs until these were done flowering and I was ready for another cycle.

Anyway blah blah blah.... Big yield now, no ATF later, or ATF later and smaller yield now?

The outdoor ATF is looking pretty good. That yellowing, seems like something sativas like to do at my latitude, I dunno. The buds look fantastic though, and they're starting to get really cloudy trichomes, and some pistills going orange. I thought I read people were taking this out to 90 some days of flowering, but so far I'm only at day 40 of flowering and I think I'd call this more than halfway for sure. Hoping I can get to 80 days, but the first frost is going to be the calling factor.

Yeah I think the rain this week really made those trichomes pop out! Crazy how frosty it got since the last week.

Should keep you busy for a while, I have a tendency to ramble haha Welcome!
Hey Fertilizer, Just caught up and I will say, you have mush more patience than I. even right now, If it was me, i'd start over from, seed. Those plants might never revert !! I had a strain of blue dream, that no matter, even if they were only 3 days into 12/12, they would never revert back, never !! I hope you luck, but don't see a bright future for the ATF clones. But I will say they have came back more than I expected. Where you located, trying to grow till mid nov. ?

I know the feeling of high temps.......I feel like my mood revolves around my temp. When it gets hot so do I and when its nice and cool I'm chill lol.

I have kept clones for just the sake of keeping the strain around under subpar lighting.....like one cfl, I just use small container and feed small feeds and pinch and trim until I can make room under a better light source after a harvest and bush out for clones. It don't take long for them to snap back to full steam ahead.

Hey Fertilizer, Just caught up and I will say, you have mush more patience than I. even right now, If it was me, i'd start over from, seed. Those plants might never revert !! I had a strain of blue dream, that no matter, even if they were only 3 days into 12/12, they would never revert back, never !! I hope you luck, but don't see a bright future for the ATF clones. But I will say they have came back more than I expected. Where you located, trying to grow till mid nov. ?

Here is a reveg I did on a cut from an unknown strain he had......56 days of revegging at this point and it just now is starting to grow out. I have found there is a fine line on time frames with re vegging. Up to 21 days into flower and every cutting I have taken roots and then has a couple weeks of transition and then starts growing normal. If I let the plant go to 24 days or later, it can turn that 2 week re-veg transition period into a 2 month re-veg.

I took a white widow cutting at about a week into flower and after rooting, she revegged in about 10 days and threw out some nice monster cropping growth.

My advice for those that don't have space to re-veg for 2 months in solo cups, is to take flowering cuts before that 21 day mark. The earlier the better. But my experience has shown that if you give them time, they will grow out of it and when they do, its much more aggressive growth than normal clones.

Hey Fert, your reveg clones are looking good. Much faster response than mine! Give it a little patience and they will reward you brother.

Your outside girl is looking great! 40 days, yeah looking great. They can finish in 70 days so you might not have to go that long....depends on which pheno you have. Very frosty brother! Really hope you can get at least another 3 good weeks of growing on her. If you can get her anywhere near 65, she will be good for a sativa! I have taken my ATF from 55 to 85 days. Yield is really the only thing I noticed being the biggest thing effected. The high changes if you let them go amber though, so don't let them go too long.

Yeah I wasn't going to wait too much longer, but in the last week they've really started growing so I think I'm over the hump. I'm up at the 45th parallel.

you going to have to super crop those clones. Outside plants are beautiful
Yeah no kidding, they're growing like little bean stalks. I think I might actually switch to flower soon, I think this might be one of those sativa-dominant phenos that would actually yield well under 12/12 from seed. I saw another person's clone of it and it bulked up pretty good. For sure can't let them get too much taller though.

Hey Fert, your reveg clones are looking good. Much faster response than mine! Give it a little patience and they will reward you brother.

Your outside girl is looking great! 40 days, yeah looking great. They can finish in 70 days so you might not have to go that long....depends on which pheno you have. Very frosty brother! Really hope you can get at least another 3 good weeks of growing on her. If you can get her anywhere near 65, she will be good for a sativa! I have taken my ATF from 55 to 85 days. Yield is really the only thing I noticed being the biggest thing effected. The high changes if you let them go amber though, so don't let them go too long.
Sweet, glad to hear that, 'cause I think I can at least manage 60-65 days. Crossing my fingers on riding out at least the first week of November with no frost.

The little reveg clones aren't really monster-cropping as much as I thought they would, so I think I'm bag on for the original SOG style I intended. Problem is that they're getty so tall so fast, I might need to flip to 12/12 way sooner than I anticipated here.

Meanwhile, I think I'm going to bring the T5 into the main tent to supplement the CMH with and then keep a mother plant going in a small pot under some little household LEDs. Might as well give it a try. I think that having the T5 for supplemental lighting is going to do me more favors than keeping the mother under it though.

Here is a reveg I did on a cut from an unknown strain he had......56 days of revegging at this point and it just now is starting to grow out. I have found there is a fine line on time frames with re vegging. Up to 21 days into flower and every cutting I have taken roots and then has a couple weeks of transition and then starts growing normal. If I let the plant go to 24 days or later, it can turn that 2 week re-veg transition period into a 2 month re-veg.

I took a white widow cutting at about a week into flower and after rooting, she revegged in about 10 days and threw out some nice monster cropping growth.

My advice for those that don't have space to re-veg for 2 months in solo cups, is to take flowering cuts before that 21 day mark. The earlier the better. But my experience has shown that if you give them time, they will grow out of it and when they do, its much more aggressive growth than normal clones.

The only way I would spend that much time trying to reveg, is it's a dynamite strain !! And I'm sure that purple heaven is just that ?

The only way I would spend that much time trying to reveg, is it's a dynamite strain !! And I'm sure that purple heaven is just that ?
Hey do you use 4200K CMH in veg? I was too cheap so I just went with the 3100K for both veg/flower but it seems like these are pretty stretchy so maybe I should have veg'd with the 4200?

I don't have a shortage of cuttings or seeds to grow.....so I can appreciate the ones that take a while. I don't know what the strain is like. I took it from an outdoor plant a buddy of mine was growing. We loved the structure on it and the general look of it so we snipped a cutting in flower. We knew it would take a while and a well, solo cups don't eat up much space so there she has sat. I peek at her roots and I can see they are kicking into high gear and her growth is following suit. She's about to explode with some funk-tastic growing.

I will post pics of my white widow monster crop next time I take pics in there. She turning into a beauty in that solo cup for me!

I don't have a shortage of cuttings or seeds to grow.....so I can appreciate the ones that take a while. I don't know what the strain is like. I took it from an outdoor plant a buddy of mine was growing. We loved the structure on it and the general look of it so we snipped a cutting in flower. We knew it would take a while and a well, solo cups don't eat up much space so there she has sat. I peek at her roots and I can see they are kicking into high gear and her growth is following suit. She's about to explode with some funk-tastic growing.

I will post pics of my white widow monster crop next time I take pics in there. She turning into a beauty in that solo cup for me!
So far I've never really gotten a good monster crop, but I've taken a lot of cuts pretty far into flowering before, mostly by accident. Same situation usually, an outdoor plant looks really good, and then it starts blooming faster than expected.

The one monster crop that I've seen was pretty cool though. I think that if you catch it before you notice trichomes forming, then it won't monster crop, just will take a while to reveg. The reason I say that is because the one plant that I did have which did, it had so many trichomes on the stems because the stems were basically grown where the calyxes had been. It was really an odd sight to see, and I didn't think that the stems grew those trichomes themselves, so much as they were already there and then the tissue they were on turned into a stem. I dunno with how that theory holds up to the monster cops you've tried though?

Back
Top Bottom