Alex's First Grow- Blue Cheese & Himalayen Blue

hey 3lions thanks, today after another 18 hours light there looks to be a definate 2 females and 3 males so im taking out the 3 males, not a bad result as they were freebies and in reality it just gives me more room and more lumens to share out over my blue cheese

heres a few more pikys for you all tolook at, what do you all think about going onto 12/12 after 3 weeks/21days? they are 18 days now, the blue himmys are autos

himalayen blue centre close up
11042010037-900x600_3.jpg

blue cheese from above
11042010030-900x600_1.jpg

the grow room... front centre are my 2 blue himmysand the 5 surrounding them are me blue cheese
11042010035-900x600_2.jpg

Id wait til they are as mature as possible as you want all you can from them and height wasnt your biggest concern?

To be mature really means to show some pre flowering, 7 nodes or more maybe and alternating perhaps.

Im at about 4 weeks now, they are all over 12 inches now id say and hoping they look mature in the next day or two as Im aching to push them into flowering. Mine have been under 20 hrs of light so a few extra hours advantage over yours of course.

:thumb:

ok mate, im right thinking nodes are kind of side branches that split off the main stem, my cheese have 6 now with a 7 starting. hight is not my biggest concern nope but im sure you mentioned they grow 3x in all dimintions? and yepp mine have been on 18 hours as apposed to 20 hours but mine are under a bigger light. does that not come into it? like will they not grow better at 18 hours under 600watts that aposed to 20 hours under 400watts? like does it not level itself out

You could be right actually tho think it depends on the footprint etc and how much if the light they are actually sucking up I guess. If they are happy with 400 watts in a smaller space then they will still be growing for longer light periods. Im not sure basically lol

Yeahh those are the nodes, like v's. \/ when mature they are not so level. Ive stuck mine into flowr this morning. Dark from noon till midnite. Very excited now bro.

:thumb:

they do indeed :) the blue himayen has been bred to stay short around 12-16 inches, they are 26 days into the grow and around 7-8inches tall, the guide time for these is 55-60 days from germination to harvest so i think they are about at the right point for the stage they are at :) i just wish i could pop the clock forward and 30days and harvest lol

iv got problems freinds,,,,, my himalayen blues are doin great, my blue cheese on the other hand are not, there growing fine upwoods and outwards, but the lower leaves realy look like there suffering :( look to be dying and its as if its spreading up the plants, also at the end of the period of lighting the plants seem to be drooping, then after darkness when im turning the lights bak on they seem to have perked up and not be drooping any more? any ideas? 1st piks of a plant just before lights go out, other piks are of the plants lower leaves
drooping1.jpg

bad_leafs.jpg

bad_leaf_21.jpg

Seems a common thing man, different plants/strains taking the nutes up slightly differently, the plant will use those bottom leaves to throw a lot of waste into it seems. In fact mine are doing exactly the same thing and we are at similar stages

Don't panic at this point, ensure things are normal re your ph and your watering.

I will listen in on this obviously too.

Alex, my plants used to always have some of the older leaves yellowing like your pics. I started on my last grow using bat guano once during veg, and I haven't seen a yellow leaf since. Except, of course, when they get to the end of the bud cycle.

You can click on Da Hog Shack link below to see how happy they look..

Alex, my plants used to always have some of the older leaves yellowing like your pics. I started on my last grow using bat guano once during veg, and I haven't seen a yellow leaf since. Except, of course, when they get to the end of the bud cycle..

You only used it once and that is in veg?

You only used it once and that is in veg?

when they are about two weeks in and looking strong I make a tea with 1-2 tbls/gal and put the guano in a sock and in the water and let it sit overnite with a circulation pump. there are other ways, this is just my choice...

Yeahh sure, many swear by it, its just we seem to get these yellowing laves during early Flowering so wondering if it was added weeks ago not sure that would be the cure/prevention you know? I think it is the switching of nutes maybe.

:peacetwo:

Yeahh sure, many swear by it, its just we seem to get these yellowing laves during early Flowering so wondering if it was added weeks ago not sure that would be the cure/prevention you know? I think it is the switching of nutes maybe.

:peacetwo:

all I know is that the previous 8 grows before I started using guano, there was always some yellow leaves at the bottom of the plants thru veg and flower. I used the guano for the first time last grow and on this grow (see Hog Shack link below), and I never saw a yellow leaf after treating with guano....:grinjoint:

hey guys sorry iv not been around for a few day hope no1s mist me lol well im just uploading a new set of piks, i hope use like :) then il be checking in on 3lions and hogdadys grow

my cheese are about 12-14inches at present and my himalayens are 10 inches and 6 inches, the 2 himalens are nothing like one another diff size diff shape the taller ones growing bud alover and the smaller one is growing up its central stem with no side branch growth at all,

Back
Top Bottom