Alex's - SCROG - 620 Watt CFL's - Actual Wattage - Super Lemon Haze

I wouldn't take off all of the fan leaves, thats how plants take in c02 and other things through the air. Like Lurch Farmer said, check out some grow journals and see how others do it.
Munki's pics in this journal shows some informative shots of above and below the canopy. I linked you to day 26 of flower
Munki's Ebb n Flow 3 x 3 SCROG 400W HPS Grow

As for the brown spot. Im not sure what it can be besides the start of heat stress because of the temperature. Don't give nutes for four or five days. I'd wait a little longer If I wanted to diagnose the brown spot.
HAPPY 4/20!!

Thanks for the reply. I'll be holding off from any nutes for a further week taking them to day 21 veg. Going to star some lst maybe tomorrow. Was thinking maybe the leaf spots pictured could possibly be off me misting the plants with my spray bottle at peak tempreture times. How bad of a tempreture is 80-90°?

Dealing with the same issue. My heat was very volatile until I added exhaust and cooler air in the room. I am working with like 700 watts total and one plant so far.

Hi chad. Nice of u to pop by. Are u starting a journal yourself? What strain are you growing? I'm thinking of maybe just coring out a 6" hole at the bottom side of me grow room with a vent louve on the outside and a 6" fan on the in side drawing its air from the main room into the grow space. Like iv said if I open the door the temps drop by 10° to 80° so I don't need to draw much cooler air to achieve the temps I desire

Thanks for the reply. I'll be holding off from any nutes for a further week taking them to day 21 veg. Going to star some lst maybe tomorrow. Was thinking maybe the leaf spots pictured could possibly be off me misting the plants with my spray bottle at peak tempreture times. How bad of a tempreture is 80-90°?

That might be it also. I read somewhere that plants stop/slow growth at around 95°. Im pretty sure they can handle it though.

I'm hoping that's it. Come tomorrow temps should be at a stable 80 ° they do seem to be vegging slowly. Iv only grown hps lights in the past and obviously this is cfl but but there is 500watts 5 inches above the 2 girls id hoped for better growth especially with reading some grows were they maybe use 5x20watts and they grow like wild fire. Hopefully they improve with temps stable and next week too when we start mild nutes

hello everyone, any chance that leaf spot could be from where water droplets sitting on the leaves from watering when it was smaller? it looks isolated. if your temperature is hitting 90+ you need to draw in cooler air like you have planed.

any chance that leaf spot could be from where water droplets sitting on the leaves from watering when it was smaller? it looks isolated. if your temperature is hitting 90+ you need to draw in cooler air like you have planed.

Yea king jon there is every chance of that being the case. I'm going to have a close inspection of them both whilst modifying the cupboard andmake sure the spot is isolated and has not at all spread

as far as defoliation goes, these plants can definitely overgrow themselves and shade themselves out especially when you grow large plants. i think there is a healthy balance between having enough surface area for fan leaves and node/bud sites in vegetative growth. in flower i remove more large fan leaves and leaves that shade node/bud sites.

Hi everyone. Its day 14 of veg now
I'll start with a picture of the bigger plant.
IMG01002-20130423-1223.jpg

Now one of the smaller plant.
Same strain same climate same everything
Leaves on this plant looking a shade poorly. Most look a shade pale with yellowing slightly a couple have a yellow brown tip. Second pik shows this
IMG01003-20130423-1223.jpg

IMG01005-20130423-1223.jpg

Hi chad. Nice of u to pop by. Are u starting a journal yourself? What strain are you growing? I'm thinking of maybe just coring out a 6" hole at the bottom side of me grow room with a vent louve on the outside and a 6" fan on the in side drawing its air from the main room into the grow space. Like iv said if I open the door the temps drop by 10° to 80° so I don't need to draw much cooler air to achieve the temps I desire

I have a journal started, just follow the link in my signature...lol. I looked at those pictures and have some questions about the wire you are running on top as well as the hoses...please share friend? What is the concept behind the wire and hoses? I have read a little on the wire, but not much.

I actually had to add another exhaust fan to regulate the heat in my grow room. It was well above 80 F for a few days. After installing the second exhaust fan (1 bringing in fresh air, 1 circulating keeping lights cool, 2 taking air out) my temps fluctuate between 80 and 72 F without going over 80. I do however have to change my reflection, but I might do that after I flower this one...if it is a girl that is. I am about three weeks in and it is 8-9 inches high with a strong smell coming from the top mainly.

I have a journal started, just follow the link in my signature...lol. I looked at those pictures and have some questions about the wire you are running on top as well as the hoses...please share friend? What is the concept behind the wire and hoses? I have read a little on the wire, but not much.

Hi. Thi wire is a chicken wire screen. The idea is I start tying the plants down to the screen and eventually all that chicken wire screen is full of bud sites... then I flower and all the bud sites have optimal lighting to grow big instead of a christmas tree shaped plant were th buds at the bottom get very poor light. It is basicly my take on the well documented SCROG method

The hoses are tied to the bottom of the wire sreen and do a lap of the plants stems. In time when the screen gets lots of plant in it I'll use these to water the plants. The hoses have holes driled in the underside around the stems. Without them id have trouble getting in to water them

Just going to have a read through your journal now. There is a way to name your signiture something else as apposed to the link that makes it more eye catching :) although I cannot remember how

I actually had to add another exhaust fan to regulate the heat in my grow room. It was well above 80 F for a few days. After installing the second exhaust fan (1 bringing in fresh air, 1 circulating keeping lights cool, 2 taking air out) my temps fluctuate between 80 and 72 F without going over 80. I do however have to change my reflection, but I might do that after I flower this one...if it is a girl that is. I am about three weeks in and it is 8-9 inches high with a strong smell coming from the top mainly.

Fingers and toes crossed for you its a girl :) yea iv noticed strong skunky smell in veg too. Nothing compared to the stench that will over run your home through flowering though lol iv installed a second fan pulling air in now and its keeping temps around 80° give or take 1-2° which is good enough for me

Hey guys - totally not trying to hijack the thread, but I'm near the end of my very first grow ever - chose lemon skunk feminized seeds and i am about a week from harvest. Just thought i would jump in to say that I had the same fairly strong smell during veg, and it's nothing close to how fragrant they get in flower! WHEW! I vent outside an unused old furnace chimney and I could smell 'skunk' everywhere outside my house. Sidewalk nearby was close enough to catch a whiff every now and again - i was panicked yesterday. I had been trying using ONA liquid in water in a bowl in the room to mask the odor, but the skunk just permeates and it's smell seems to last longer.

LONG story short folks : I figured out how to build me an activated carbon filter for about $30 at home depot! IT WORKS FLAWLESSLY. You can't smell a thing coming out the other side of this wonder of science.

I'll post a photo and describe a little if i can :

4" duct section, just need two little pieces and a cap for the end. Then wrapped some aluminum window screen around that - so you basically have a 4" tube with some solid ends, and a big wire mesh section in the middle. Wrap some of the charcoal pre-filter fabric around it ($12 for a big box of it at home depot - honeywell pre-filter replacement). it velcros on with the pieces that came with it in the box. Duct-taped the ends up so that no air sneaks in the sides... so this way all air from the grow room must pass through this guy before it's vented... it's amazing how well it works. These things start out costing like $200 and are a bitch to refit with new material! Mine can have the material replaced in about 5 minutes with new tape and $12. The box says they last in an air filter for at least 3 months - so i suspect it's good for a while - I've gone from completely paranoid and almost ready to shut it down (the smell was strong!) to happily anticipating the end of the first ever grow! exciting as hell..

ok heres the photo - and sorry again for jumping in - just seemed like you guys could possibly make use of this - even if you just want to vent into your house - this will save your bacon.
Photo_Apr_22_9_58_41_PM.jpg

Back
Top Bottom