Dutch Dragons - Jack Herer - Scrog - 250W HPS+CFL's - Organic Batmix Grow

Thanks VVD, I do 4 plants with a square foot of space each.
Smart pots are felt pots which are porous.
Got the temps down to 26oC:), seems to work a treat.

Really nicely done Dutch. All very tidy and neat. Nice to see some plants going too :)

The CFLs are a nice little adding that I am tempted to copy on Version 2.0 of my grow - I guess you would hardly notice the increase in electricity bill, but it may be nice supplement lighting for the ladies (because Version 2.0 for me as four plants, each with about 1.5 square feet under a 250 - about like you.)

xx

Thanks all for the nice comments, gotta use the small window of opportunity to make changes to the grow box. Again it cost me nothing but a bit of thought:).
Cerdito, your gonna need quite a few cfl's to get that coverage with a 250. Its actually a bit of a myth that cfl's are cheap to run. I run 400 watts in my cab with the cfl's running, a 400 hps would give me a lot more light and better coverage, but I started growing with the cfl's and a ufo led a while back, and I use them just cause I've got so many hanging around doing nothing. They do make a big difference though, getting light to the edges that my tiny hps wont reach. Ideal in my scrog setup:).
Loving the lower temps:).

'Finding' equipment at work is awesome :laugh: efficient dutchy, major reps on your grow space.
I am definitely going to do something like this when the tent comes down.
Also, really like the way you are going to be changing your lights to accommodate the girls nicely, will be good to see how they react.
Go Jackies :party:

Hello all, yes it's the old weekly update time.
On Monday the girls were looking a bit sorry for themselves because after my alterations they were left without a nice breeze fan. My head got to thinking that as I can't find a small enough fan for my space I would manufacture one of my own:). My old fan blade was still fine so I got that and a bathroom fan with a broken blade and after a bit of alteration the FRANKENFAN was born:)
1212_003.JPG

I am aware that it lacks certain safety features such as a cage and controllable speed, but it cheered the girls up within hours. I am still looking for a suitable replacement for the frankenfan, but I need it to be small and heavy duty and affordable. Anyone know if the little plastic ones that clip on last very long? When I run plastic fans for long periods they have a habit of melting:(.
The Jackies have grown into their screen quite well:), the small one is not quite there yet, but I decided to change the photoperiod to 12hrs, so tonight is their first short day. They got a drench of no gnat a couple of days ago, but further they have received no feed and are a good healthy colour, even lower down:). Should start getting busy in the box for the next couple of weeks while they stretch out, plenty of training to keep them all neat and under control.
I haven't done any defol on these girls at all to see if it makes a difference. Normally I would have been exposing the shorter tops through veg by removing fan leaves, this time I just regularly tuck them down out of the way. I must admit that it seems a lot less stressful for them, and it does not hamper access for watering as much as I had previously thought. I will of course butcher them with defol at a later date:).
1212_004.JPG
1212_005.JPG

I would also like to thank 420 magazine for the Christmas card and good wishes inside, it was a nice surprise:).
Happy Christmas to you and yours:xmas::green_heart:

For all those who know me know I'm still Broke Ass Reg & broke as ever!

Happy holidaze to you and yours DD, hope the jackies got a little holiday lovin from santa because they definitely are looking to be doing good;)
Giving my girls the present of a nice organic tea, santas helpers are telling me they have been listening well :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom