Aloha Grown With Sunny

Nice job, Sunny, and congrats on the lb+! :Rasta:

Update as of this AM. Seven of the eight strains sprouted yesterday. All were standing up under their domes this morning. Being autos I decided to gently transplant them to their final 3 gallon fabric pots today. After surgery and transplanting I think/hope all seven make it. The two Blue Cheese Specials had huge taproots over 2" long.

I'm disappointed in the Fat Sticky Gorilla seeds. I have two of them germinating and they're sealed up tight as a drum. The worst part is they are seeds I made about 18 months ago. Not sure if I should bury a couple more and leave the first two in the perlite to see if they do eventually sprout or move on to another strain altogether.

This question is for @Pennywise because I think we both have the same lights. One of those 260 W kits from a company I don't think I can mention here as they are not a sponsor. There is that rubber thing you can pop out and dim the light fixture. You think I should dim it maybe halfway till the seedlings get a little older?

I can't tell you how much my OCD nature is bothered by that one fabric pot not having a seedling and dome in it. :thedoubletake:

I'm going to leave the Fat Sticky Non Germinating Gorilla seeds in the hempy solo cups to see if they'll eventually germinate. In another cup I planted a Dope Seeds Auto Diesel. Whichever of the two pops their head above perlite first fills that void in my tent. I'm trying to regulate the temperature in my tent using my light. Proving difficult at this point but I'm working on it. Hope everyone has a great weekend. We'll be visited by Tropical storm/depression Laura tomorrow. Doesn't look like she has much left so hopefully she passes without doing any damage. Fingers crossed.

Aloha All!

@Pennywise @beez0404 and anyone else that in for some bad weather you all be safe!!

I got 7 out of 8 to germinate. The Colorado Cookie is looking pretty scraggly so the jury is still out on her. If she doesn’t start looking better I’m gonna cull her and plant something else.

The QPAxGGA didn’t sprout but I plan to drop another seed tonight. I‘m going to sand down the top of the seed in the hopes this will help the seed pop. They are plenty viable because the old seed already began to form on the inside when I opened it up.

Now for the pics of the seedlings :love:

Seedsman Strawberry Cheesecake Auto

Seedsman Blueberry Auto

Exotic Seeds Strawberry Cola Auto

Sweet Seeds Pure CBD Auto

Sweet Seeds Sweet Skunk Auto

Dutch Passion Cinderella Jack Auto

Right now I’m only running one light in there just to get these babies going. Once I get the last two pots going with a seedling I am gonna flip the other light on.

I don’t adjust the wattage or anything. I run my lights full blast from start to finish. I guess I could dial back the intensity but the sun doesn’t do that. The strong will survive and the weak will get culled.

I hope everyone is having a a blessed night! Sending you all lots of love and positivity from Hawaii as always!

:passitleft::passitleft::passitleft::passitleft:

Aloha All!

@Pennywise @beez0404 and anyone else that in for some bad weather you all be safe!!

I got 7 out of 8 to germinate. The Colorado Cookie is looking pretty scraggly so the jury is still out on her. If she doesn’t start looking better I’m gonna cull her and plant something else.

The QPAxGGA didn’t sprout but I plan to drop another seed tonight. I‘m going to sand down the top of the seed in the hopes this will help the seed pop. They are plenty viable because the old seed already began to form on the inside when I opened it up.

Now for the pics of the seedlings :love:

Seedsman Strawberry Cheesecake Auto

Seedsman Blueberry Auto

Exotic Seeds Strawberry Cola Auto

Sweet Seeds Pure CBD Auto

Sweet Seeds Sweet Skunk Auto

Dutch Passion Cinderella Jack Auto

Right now I’m only running one light in there just to get these babies going. Once I get the last two pots going with a seedling I am gonna flip the other light on.

I don’t adjust the wattage or anything. I run my lights full blast from start to finish. I guess I could dial back the intensity but the sun doesn’t do that. The strong will survive and the weak will get culled.

I hope everyone is having a a blessed night! Sending you all lots of love and positivity from Hawaii as always!

:passitleft::passitleft::passitleft::passitleft:
Agreed Sunny, I let mine pop out into full brightness. What doesn’t kill them makes them stronger! Looking good brother, I wish your babies much luck.

Sunny...Looking forward to your new grow. Im also starting to dive your journal mostly for the nature shots and the cooking...I saw that tuna sashimi and some pork goodness and Im all in. I wish I could cast out in the morning and see that sky and catch some amazing fish. You are blessed. Tonight is tree frog heaven here and Lake Michigan is whipping and lightning zapping. Tomorrow a hike.
EB11A082-4D11-41E6-8C15-B4E6011FD84A.jpeg

Off to a good start Sunny.

Mahalo Penny! Yep I can’t complain! Just got get 8 of them rockin and I’ll be sailin!

Agreed Sunny, I let mine pop out into full brightness. What doesn’t kill them makes them stronger! Looking good brother, I wish your babies much luck.

Mahalo my friend! That’s exactly it right there. If they are a weak seedling I can’t expect them to grow into a strong healthy plant. We are quickly approaching the fall! I imagine your outdoor ladies are really gonna start putting it on.

Sunny...Looking forward to your new grow. Im also starting to dive your journal mostly for the nature shots and the cooking...I saw that tuna sashimi and some pork goodness and Im all in. I wish I could cast out in the morning and see that sky and catch some amazing fish. You are blessed. Tonight is tree frog heaven here and Lake Michigan is whipping and lightning zapping. Tomorrow a hike.
EB11A082-4D11-41E6-8C15-B4E6011FD84A.jpeg

Beautiful set up and view! I like your wood burning oven. I imagine you got a pizza stone in there or do you cook in pans? That is my favorite pizza when a wood fire is used and it gets a nice char on the crust.

Mahalo my friend! That’s exactly it right there. If they are a weak seedling I can’t expect them to grow into a strong healthy plant. We are quickly approaching the fall! I imagine your outdoor ladies are really gonna start putting it on.
They definitely are, especially the @carcass seeds! Now can they finish or are they destined to be rosin....
Have a great weekend my friend!

I took four more of my Fat Sticky Gorilla seeds this morning and scarified them really well. I then used one of my gals emory boards and filed along the seams the best I could and then re-scarified them. I put them all into one hempy/perlite solo cup to see if any of them will sprout. Now watch all six sprout! :laughtwo:

The irony is the other day I plucked a seed off the Garlic Sherbert plant I reversed, did nothing to it and stuck it into a hempy solo cup and it's already putting out a nice taproot. Not even a drying period. So who knows.

Mahalo Penny! Yep I can’t complain! Just got get 8 of them rockin and I’ll be sailin!

Beautiful set up and view! I like your wood burning oven. I imagine you got a pizza stone in there or do you cook in pans? That is my favorite pizza when a wood fire is used and it gets a nice char on the crust.
Sunny, we throw the pies right on the firebrick floor...takes about 2 minutes each.

Sunny, we throw the pies right on the firebrick floor...takes about 2 minutes each.
We have one we built (very custom lol) I wish I could say we use it more. Awesome for pizza parties, and we are slowly learning the art of cooking larger slabs of meat in it.
80DEC4A4-1AB7-46A8-9136-560DA5739F5B.jpeg

@Sunnyskies How long do I leave the domes on the seedlings in the fabric pots?

@beez0404 I leave the domes on till they sprout and break the surface my friend. After that I remove the dome and they bask in the light!

We have one we built (very custom lol) I wish I could say we use it more. Awesome for pizza parties, and we are slowly learning the art of cooking larger slabs of meat in it.
80DEC4A4-1AB7-46A8-9136-560DA5739F5B.jpeg

See that’s what I’m talking about! I wanna build one here eventually at my house bad but I gotta knock down the honey do list first haha

Good Morning!
1FA003EE-932E-42D2-A2EB-C5CC2EB5DFF0.jpeg

:passitleft: :passitleft: :passitleft: :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom