Am I ready to flower? Plants don't look so healthy

Hmm I believe the FFOF soil already has some nutes in it, so maybe you overfed her by accident? What do you use to move the air around in your tent? Do you have an extractor fan up top? Not sure on this but might be rootbound? They look pretty big, I just can't tell from the pics. How far is that LED away from the plants? That humidity sounds like a big problem, anything over 65% and bugs or mold might come into play. 40-65% is the safe zone. The gap bewteen high and low temp shouldn't be more than 15F if possible. My room has max of 77F and low of 66F during flower, humidity between 30-35%. ph sounds ok for now, I'm guessing the FFOF likes ph a tad bit higher than soilless so maybe 6.3-6.5? Good job keeping the pests out, keep doing your thing. Waterings sound about right, but what nutes do you use?

I gave them 2 or 3 weeks before using nutes and i started off using 1/4 and 1/3 str. I don't think I overfed them because that would mean my other plant would be dying too right?

I use a inline duct fan, about 100cfm. The LED is now about 12 inches.
I will work on dehumidifying the area.

I use FoxFarm nutrients.

when you say the ph is "about" how are you testing it??

the soil ph can be read by measuring the runoff,try and get 20% runoff. I take 3 samples of runoff,Just like a piss test,begging stream middle stream and end stream.
A ppm/ec meter is also a handy tool in this hobby.

with that soil(that I dont use anymore)I would like to see everything in the 6.3-6.7 range

I use the general hydroponics kit, I say about because I am partially colorblind and PH testing can be a pain and im never 100% sure. I bought a digital tester but I don't trust it...
I will test run off soon.

Any grey/white mold on the plant which is badly effected around those growing tips ?

RH (relative humidity) seems a tad high but i would think 99% RH is during the lights of period it is where RH spikes to be honest.

Got any air flow like a fan blowing air around canopy of plants ?

Extraction/exhaust fan should run 24/7 also...

Myself i've just started using dehumidifier during the lights off period only and in the past lights off RH spiked between 70% to 80% in a soil grow, had it as high as 95% with hempy bucket grow... ye that got bud rot.

With the dehumidifier running RH is pretty stable between 40% to 45% on average with lights off, i turn the dehumidifier off during lights on as i'm old school with hps with RH between 45% to 55% aprox.

I don't see any mold or anything like that, will further inspect soon.
No extra air flow besides my exhaust, should i go buy a small fan at home depot?
Yes exhaust is running 24/7

At the moment I only have Damprid, will work on getting a dehumidifier.

My best advice is to switch it into flower. The hormones go crazy and have always perked up for me. Lack of watering makes the roots go nuts and plants work on trying to find water rather then growing. Maybe try watering every other day but half as much as you were.

I think' I'm going to wait for a bit...

95% RH at any time is just wrong. thats just down to air movement and extraction .nothing else. increasing your extraction will bring down your RH, that is if your humidity outside your grow area is not high. if this is high too. then the only way around it is a dehumidifier. but if the humidity is ok outside the grow area then you need more extraction. happydays.

Duly noted, thank you all

UPDATE: I think it's too late for my plant, it's looking very ill.
I figured it out, the plant that was dying was directly under my light while the healthy plant was a bit off to the side. I've lowered the light setting as low as i can and raised it as high as i can (14inches from the plant).

We'll see what happens...

The inline fan you have at 100 CFM probably isn't cutting it, needs to be bigger. You also really should have a fan or two within the tent moving air around, one above the canopy and maybe one below blowing air around the top of the soil/main stem. Sounds like your problem is a combo of humidity, air flow and the light height. Hopefully these are the fixes you need

The inline fan you have at 100 CFM probably isn't cutting it, needs to be bigger. You also really should have a fan or two within the tent moving air around, one above the canopy and maybe one below blowing air around the top of the soil/main stem. Sounds like your problem is a combo of humidity, air flow and the light height. Hopefully these are the fixes you need

I agree with having a fan to move air around in the canopy area, but I think my exhaust is fine.

3 & 2.5 * 1.5 = 11.25 cubic feet.

At 100 CFM that would recirculate the air 9~ times per minute. Although that's just in theory, the added resistance from my intake filter as well as my carbon scrubber would probably reduce that significantly. But I think assuming it would recirculate at least once per minute is a safe assumption.

Back
Top Bottom