Are my seedlings healthy?

Hi guys im here with some new pics and maybe a problem with the first leaf stem with the 3 edges, its like yellow and dead also take a look at whole plants and tell me if they look healthy. Now i have the lights 18/6 and maybe and little more darkness, and a little better air flow and air circulation and less heat. Also ive noticed something like bag on the one plant but its very small and i cant understand if its bag with seeds that means its male, so i cant understand if its male or female, the other plant doesnt have something like this and it doesnt show any sex signs yet or maybe ive noticed one hair like female somewhere but im not sure, its weird because the bigger one doesnt show any sex signs(except the hair that im totaly not sure) and the smaller one does, but im almost sure that the bigger doesnt have any bag on it.

Anyway take a look here is the one plant (bigger one) :

DSC_04144.jpg

DSC_04262.jpg

DSC_04215.jpg

DSC_04284.jpg

And here is the other one (the smaller) :

DSC_04331.jpg

DSC_04324.jpg

DSC_04294.jpg

DSC_04163.jpg

It is completely normal for the lower leaves to die, just let them fall off naturally, no need to pull them. I would wait awhile longer to determine sex, to make sure that you're not pulling plants that are actually females. When you see an indication of sex, just post some good pics, and we will help you with the sex.

Ok good when they get bigger with more clear sex signs i will post some pics with the magnifying glass for help. Thank you. So its normal for them to die and fall its not a problem, nice!! Generaly they look ok right?

the lowest set usually do die as they get very little light so they turn yellow and die off, but then you got 2 sets of leaves above that one with slight burning on the edges of the leaves, this either tells us their over watered or the soil has to much nutrients in it and its causing the edges of the leaves to get burned, temps look ok as i cant see any cupping on the edges of the leaves,

do the pots feel very light when you water, let the pots dry out so they feel light then when you water the plants water slowly so it soaks into the soil instead of just running out the bottom, i water until i have a tiny bit of run off, not much just a tiny amound dripping out the bottom of the pots, colour looks ok so i wouldnt worry to much, if the soil is to hot then as the plant gets bigger it will sort itself out,

$2 @ Walmart, this will help you tremendously
DSCF12452.JPG

Yep il try to find something like this gauge, i think ive seen something like this on a shop around here.

I got some pics from the one smaller plant that have the little bag or something, take a look and tell me if its a sex sign or if u can understand something from this :S I know its early but you might understand if its a male sex sign or female sex sign because u have more experience than me.

Here are the pics :

DSC_04325.jpg

DSC_04038.jpg

DSC_0402.jpg

DSC_039yer9.jpg

as a brand new grower myself, I understand some of the thoughts you have speed. I don't yet know how to spot and interpret preflowers, but I do know that as a new grower, I need all the experience I can get for my next grow to be more successful. Can't remember if you started with clones, fem seeds or bag seeds, but I started with bag seeds and to be honest, don't yet know for sure if any/all of my plants are male or female. If they all turn out to be male, my heart will sink, but my primary goal for this grow was to gain experience so my harvest is already bountiful and I didn't even start the flowering light schedule yet.

hi mate, its difficult to tell, i think i can see what your on about though, that round thing sticking out, its looking more male but if it was me id wait a bit longer as some females produce the calyx or seed pod before it throws out the white hairs, most females produce the white hairs first then the calyx forms, but ive had some that look male but then produce the white hairs not long after, so id keep it growing and wait until you know for sure, if its male it will produce a lot more of them balls but if its female you should see the white pistils pretty soon

Im thinking that its male because it has like 4 more like this in other spots on the plant, but i will w8 some more days or a week to see more clear. Im glad because the other plant doesnt have anything like this yet, i think males show theirselves a bit faster than females so if its male i wish the other to be female coz it havent show anything yet or it doesnt have anything like this.

Hey guys, i still have the slight burn problem and i dont know how to solve it, i dont have feed them any nutes and i cant understand why the leaves seems that are nute burnt, the lower leaves have the problem. Take a look at the pics it seems its worse than the other days, but i dunno why :S
Also yesterday i just switched them to 12/12 to start flowering and to show what sex are they.

DSC_03995.jpg

DSC_03965.jpg

DSC_03946.jpg

DSC_03927.jpg

hi mate, if it was nute burn you would see the edges of the leaves burned and yellow, but you only have a small amount of this at the ends so i dont think its a nutrient problem as such, also the leaves are cupping up so temps are still high, cant remember if it was your plant that had the cupping before ill have to check, but if the leaves are cupping up at the ends then this is a clear sign temps are slightly high, they cup up so they can catch more wind which releases more moisture and cools them down, indoors they dont have this luxury so we either use fans and keep them coil or raise the light a few inches until the problem is resolved.

is it just the lower leaves that are affected, if so are these leaves getting any light, leaves turn light green then yellow if their not getting much light, also with young plants if the light is to close it can cause the leaves to bleach but this would be more noticable at the top of the plant.

also let us know what nutes your feeding and how often,
i just read your comment above, you have not fed any nutes at all, is this what your saying, if so how big is the plant and how long have they been in the pots their in,

also how often are you watering, are you letting the pot pretty much dry out before watering again,

let us know as much as you can then we can see what can be done to sort it out, it could be that it might actually need some nutrients, the yellow at the ends of the leaves looks like its been their a while so chances are the soil was to hot at first but now they might need a weak nutrient feed but depends on age of plant and how long they have been in that soil

Hello dude, the nutes i am using are liquid and its 10/6/4 but i used it only once before about 2 weeks ago maybe more, their size is more or less about 25 - 26cm height, they are in these pots about 5 weeks. I water them once in 4 - 5 days and maybe 6 till i see they dry out.

Yesterday i gave them a very small dose of nutes and water, i wanna see if the need of nutes was the problem with the leaves.

I am a noob growing soil and hydro side by side for the rest of this grow. When I see discoloration on the leaves (which is very frequent for me), my very first thought is not nute burn, but rather lockout which occurs if the pH of the medium fluctuates away from the optimal levels of that medium. Here is a chart that was shared here on 420.
Nutrient_Availability_chart.JPG

Anymore when I feed, I dial in my water after I add the nutes to the proper range. If you already have a pH test kit or meter, you can check the pH of your soil by mixing some soil with water for a few minutes, then filter out the soil with a coffee filter and test the water left behind. For soil, you'd like to find the pH at or near the 6.5 range. If it's off you can plan to take steps to recover it. Hydro usually dips towards the alkaline, but my soil seems to be a lot more stable and now I can see why soil is recommended for noobs to grow with first.

Please don't assume that my thought on this is correct. I am a noob too and am still in the curve of learning as I go. This is just the first thought that crosses my mind and the first thing I try to correct. Beyond that I am just as lost as the next noob.

Hello guys i need some help, look at these picks they are from the one plant, it pretty looks like male to me, however ill give it some more days but tell me an opinion.

Also after watering and giving them some nutes i think they seem a bit better.

The pics :

DSC_04078.jpg

DSC_03985.jpg

DSC_03956.jpg

DSC_03935.jpg

Back
Top Bottom