Are my seedlings healthy?

they look very healthy. are you leaving them in those pots. if so, those pots are good too. when i grow mine, i always cut the bottom off a 2litre drink plastic bottle and cover my seedlings. a mini-hothouse. always been very successful for me.

Your leaves are fine. On seedlings Just slow and steady all the upper growth looks perfectly green. When the plant does not have all the roots it needs to uptake the nutrients required for growth it robs it of the lower leaves. I would let it dry out good and keep that light as close to the tops as possible without heat stress to the plants. Test it with your hand first to see what you feel would be acceptable, hold it there for a minute or so.

What will you be feeding this plant and flowering it under?

Hey thanks for help guys, i just bought new nutes 10-6-4 i hope this fits to my babies, you think i should feed them now? I also found 20-10-10 nutes but i think that it would be very high so i took 10-6-4:S
I will flower it under 3 cfl lamps 2700k coloured that i have already(for now the 2 lamps are 6400k and the one 2700k) and maybe ill put one more, and about nutes i dont know for now, i will look forward for nutes in flowering. Also i think to leave them in the pots that are in already.

Edit: I gave them some nutes, a very small dose of the liquid nutes i bought. I hope they need it.

I would wait on the nutes, but if you do feed them, use at no more than 1/4 strength for now. When the plants are as tall as the pot they are in, usually the roots are about the same size, so that's when you should transplant.

If you see nute burn, I would used a clearing formula to flush, then feed them at 1/4 strength. I don't know how hot the soil you're using is, but most soil has plenty of nutes for the first 3-4 weeks, so that's why I wait on the nutes. Do you have a journal up? sometimes you can get more feedback from a journal, and lots of helpful info from people way more experienced than I am.

Can you take more pictures of your plants, pots they're in, grow box/room or anything else you think might be helpful? Also, do those terracotta pots have good sized drain holes on the bottom? Does your soil mix have a good amount of perlite/vermiculite in it. From the pictures above, I'd say there isn't. Also looks to be a good amount of compost in it? What kind of compost? In the beginning of my journal, I went through a similar problem in that my room mate dropped a bean in some "quality dirt/compost mix" that he got from a job site. This was ideal for the evergreen bushes that was planted in it, but way out of whack for cannabis. I eventually got into FFOF, but the transplant almost went terribly wrong.

The synthesis of the soil i use is : turf(peat) 85%, organic substance vegetal origins 15%, perilte, sand, soil salinity 1,1gr/l, ph 5.2-6.0, EC 0.7mS/cm. Yeah the pots have many good sized holes under them. I have them in like a closet. Ill try to take some more pics of the plants.

Yeah but i dont think that the soil is the problem guys, with the same soil before some days my babies were just fine :S

@danklover,

I just had mine in FFOF/perlite 60%/40% and thought it was too airy. Every watering floated the perlite up and the FFOF down. I transplanted 4 days ago to a FFOF/perlite of 75%/25% which brings me to roughly 68/32. How do you get around floating the perlite out? Does that trouble you at all?

@Speed,

Is that a mix you produced yourself or is it a brand you bought somewhere?

Its not a mix that i produced myself, i bought it in 5litre bag from shop and they told me that its good for planting seeds.

i'm not sure if any manufacturers produce soils specifically for cannabis grows, so we might be screwed there, but did they say whether it was for a specific type of plant or just all plants?

No of course i didnt tell them that i want it for cannabis, i told them i wanna plant seeds and they told me that this is very good for planting seeds, not for a specific type of plant.

It probably won't matter much, but getting as much info into this thread will help others help you, or even help the next man looking for solutions. what brand soil/potting mix is it?

Here is a link on how make your own supersoil, which is supposed to be perfect for cannabis, but I don't know of anyone who markets it. My perlite floats up when I water, but I just pour slowly. I plan to go with a 60/40 the next round though. DP said the supersoil requires no nutes, just water the whole grow, but I don't know if it's proven, haven't really done much research.
Subcool's Super Soil | Cannabis Culture

If you had problems with 50/50, I also had problems with 60/40. Maybe 70/30 would be good. 4 days now after transplant and water, and then I only gave it just over a half gallon and it's still very moist, so ideally I should've used a bit more perlite, but if 40% was too much and 25% wasn't enough, maybe right around 32% would be perfect.

hi, clearly the watering has not helped, so we can rule out it been under watered or even over watered if the pot was nearly dry when you watered,

try and get a temp and humid gauge so we can see what your working with,
the soil you have bought should easily feed the plants for 2 weeks in a small started pot and another 2 weeks after transplanting, thats with most compost/soil mixes you buy, some can be to hot lie miracle grow and im sure ive read fox farms can be to hot on its own so needs mixing with perlite but i cant comment much as ive not tried it,

if the soil had way to much nutrients in it then the leaf burn would of carried on, but it hasnt and your just getting droopy leaves, we have ruled out water been the problem, to me the leaves look a bit on the light side, if the soil you bought was for starting seedling then it might not have much nutrient in it how ever it should easily feed the plants for 2 or 3 weeks,

let us know how tall the pot is and what the width is across the top, so is it 1ft high and 1ft across from side to side for example,
give us these measurement then we can check if the plants are having root issues or used up all the nutes,

with the nutes you have bought you need to only go with 1/4 stated dose of even a 5th of the stated dose, so if it says 20ml per gallon then add 5 or less, with the nutes i use the first feed is just 2.5ml per gallon, but as the plant get bigger the feed schedule increases to around 20ml per gallon, so you need to start on the low side and see how the plant reacts, you wont see any difference for a good few hours.

now it does look like you had nute burn to start with which would suggest the nutes was to high in the soil, but as this has not progressed then this suggests either the nute level has dropped or your having a lockout problem caused by incorrect ph of the soil.

we just dont know whats in your soil or how hot it is, so let us know the pot size, the date you planted the plant or rough date if your unsure, dont add more water or nutes at this stage, if the soil is low on nutes then you will see a difference in the next 12 hours after adding nutes, the leaves will go a darker shade of green if the plant is just low on nutes.

to me it looks like a plant that had problems early on but then recovered, but the wilting leaves suggests their is something else going on, such as temps or root issues, but the plant is still young and ive seen much worse so its not as bad as some plants and should do ok as it gets bigger,

you dont have a fan blowing directly on the plant do you, at this stage a fan blowing on the plant will just dry the leaves out and this will make them wilt, you only want a gentle breeze so if your using a fan direct it on one of the walls so it blows around the room and its then not blowing as strong on the plant.

I just tested my soil and found it to be a little acidic. I got a solo cup and took some soil from the top of my pot. I then tested the distilled water I use to see what my base number is. The water tested to be between 6.0-6.5. I then added water over the collected soil (maybe 2-1 water to soil ratio) and stirred with a clean spoon. I left that to settle for about 5 minutes and had another cup with a coffee filter in it ready. I poured the slurry into the filter to a comfortable level. I picked up the filter and gently squeezed out as much water as I can. I then tested the remaining water as depicted below.
DSCF11844.JPG
DSCF11863.JPG
DSCF11882.JPG
DSCF11892.JPG
DSCF11901.JPG
DSCF11912.JPG

I can surmise that my soil is even more acidic than the test shows as I collected soil off the top, which is the first point of contact with water and most susceptible to gravity. Also, I do not know whether the coffee filter would influence the pH levels noticeably or not, but I can generally conclude that my soil is on the acidic side, so next watering (maybe a day or two) I will pH the water slightly to the alkaline and wait a day to test it again. I do have a 3 way soil test meter, but I've never seen it read anything but 7.0 Alkaline, so I don't trust it. I will look into that as well.

Hope this helped!

Hello, the pots have 17cm height and 60cm perimeter, from one side to the other is about 20cm, the one plant is about 16cm tall and the other is 20cm. I planted them when they sprouted at 27/7, then at 9/8 i transplanted them in the pots i have now. Also i dont have a fan blowing straight at the leaves, the fan aims at the wall and the leaves just breezes a little, not strong.

Fluid control is what I do for a living, and I can tell you for sure that the coffee filter didn't affect the ph at all. I maintain and control the flow, ph, and viscosity of thousands of barrels of water every day, and it is contained in plastic lined, and steel pits. Even with the rust from the steel, the algae on the plastic, and all types of other contaminates, fresh water is still a 7, until you add hydrated lime, or caustic soda beads. I have to maintain a 10 or higher ph in my pits, which I would never do with soil, but I'm sure you smell what I'm cooking lol. I'll stop the rant now, just thought I would add my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom