Are my seedlings healthy?

Hello guys i think now i have problem take a look at the pics, they seem sick :/ Can u see whats the prob? And what can i do? Help me pls.

Take a look :

DSC_04125.jpg

DSC_04094.jpg

DSC_04075.jpg

DSC_04034.jpg

Please take a look the leaves on top they are not in a straight line i read that maybe this can be ph problem, and the other leaves looks strange like their gonna curle in the last photo, also the two leaves on bottom they become yellow in the edge. (I dont know yesterday they were like the picks today they seem the same but they have grown and become taller, i just mention it). Before 4 - 5 days i used one more very small dose of the fertilizer i have (liquid) maybe this made my seedlings like this? Please tell me an opinion. Help!!!

hi mate, yep sounds like to much nutrients to me, their is a plant help guide in my signature below that shows pics of each problem and hot to solve it,

the soil your using can support the plants for anything from 3 to 5 weeks before you start feeding nutrients, all nutrients give you a schedule from day 1 but this is mainly for hydro and dwc growers as they have to use nutrients from day 1, in soil the soil contains all the nutrients the plants need until the plants are big or starting to look a light green in colour

nute burn usually shows up at the end of the leaves, so the tips of the leaves will go yellow then crispy, this is a sign the nutrients was to much for the plants, you need to remember the soil us full of microbes that are providing for the plants, so at this stage you dont need nutrients,

the leaves that are curling down do you mean the end of the leaf is curling down and starting to turn into a claw, if this is the case then again this is a sign their is to much N in the soil,

so the soil might be to hot for the plants but as the plants get bigger the soil will be ok as the plants will use up all the nutrients,

plus when you transplant this can stunt growth for anythong from 3 and upto 7 or 8 days before you notice any growth as they suffer transplant shock,

so just keep an eye on them, the plants are to small to need nutrients and if you did want to feed then id start at 1/4 strength for that age of the plant, but you could easily go 2 or more weeks with the soil their in so dont worry about nutrients for now,

just try not to over water and see how the plants get on, im sure it will all sort itself out once you get on top of the nutrients, once the plant has used up the nutrients the leaf growth will start to look a lighter shade of green, this is telling you their ready for more nutrients,

so for now id just use water, dig down into the soil about 2 or 3 inches and then pull your fingers out, if their moist and have soil stuck to them then it dont need watering, if its dry then water,

plants that are under watered will recover within an hour or 2, but over watered plants can easily take a week or 2 depending on pot size and how much water is in the pot,

a good way of knowing when their ready for water is to fill another pot with the same grow medium and leave it dry, then you have something to compare that weight to,

another option is to look at the edges of the pot, once the soil starts to dry out the soil shrinks and you get a gap running around the edge of put due to the soil shrinking,

but for now if say the plant are ok, flushing will only cause more problems like root rot, if the plants gets much worse then you will need to flush but the pics look ok to me and just looks like its had to much nutrients so just use water to feed them with for at least a week or 2 before you think about using nutrients.

we also have a new sponsor on the site that looks like he got some amazing products that you cant get wrong when feeding,
he sells 3 bags of powder nutrients that you just add to water,
the 1st bag is seedlings and cloneesm
2nd bag is veg stage
3rd bag is flower stage, you dont need to mix anything up at all, just use the bags in the right order and thats all you ned to do, the sponsor does a sample pack for pretty cheap which should be ok to run 1 or 2 plants through so you can try the products, im going to give it a try myself once im out of nutrients as it sounds very easy to use and you cant really mess it up as your not mixing anything at all, you just add the powder to water and water the plants,
here is the link
Doggett & Simpson - Growers' Gallery

Hello dude thanks for helping me. Ok so now i just water them carefuly and let them grow and the problem with the nutrient will be solved this way. Actualy the last days they grow very fast, a leaf yesterday was small and today is triple size bigger than yesterday and becomes taller very fast everyday. Today they seem better though and bigger :D Also i think to buy a sample from that site it seems easy and good for the plants.

cool no worries, you will know when it needs nutrients as new growth will be a lot lighter and the bigger leaves will look lighter, this is then telling you the plant needs more N, but you can easily go another week to 10 days on the soil in the pot so id just water at least for the next week then see how it looks,

that powder feed system looks a good option, very hard to get wrong
anymore problems just give us a shout

Hey again, im here Not with a problem i just wanna show you how fast they grow, and ask you, if the one is taller than the other is this a sex sign? Because the one is taller and i think it seems to grow faster than the other, is 2 - 3cm taller. I mean i read somewhere that males are taller and they show their sex and grow faster than females, is that right? Or just a rumor? And one more question, you think its a good time to start topping them or i should wait to let them grow more?

Here are some pics to see my babies :

DSC_04203.jpg

DSC_04153.jpg

DSC_04135.jpg

Also they smell different, the one the smaller and shorter smells like marijuana when i smell it or when i rub gently my fingers on its body but the other the taller and bigger doesnt smells so much.

hi,
their is some truth in it, males tend to grow quicker, but you would need to keep everything the same to know for sure, such as identical soil mix in both pots, both watered with the same measure of water, so its just not as easy as that, what i do is mark the pot of the one that i think is male then when it shows sex i find out if im right or wrong, id say im right half the time and wrong the other half,

plants of the same strain do grow at different speeds, could be because one is closer to the light or one sprouted a day or even hours before the other, the seed could of took longer to come off the one seedling so i wouldnt do anything yet until its shown sex, you would only be guessing at this stage, also when they show sex some females dont show the while pistils first, some grow the calyx or seed pod first so can look like a male, i dont kill plants now until i can clearly see clusters of balls at the top of the plant and at the nodes, once i know for sure its 100% male then i decide if its going to be good for my breeding program as im in the middle of making 2 or 3 new strains, so i keep some males depending on how they grow,

so at this stage i wouldnt get killing any plants, males do tend to grow quicker but it could just be that the other plants are stunted by a few days, or if they have been watered to much then that stunts growth, so the taller plant might of had a dryer pot for 12 to 24 hours and that would make that plant grow quicker than the others as roots need oxygen as much as water so over watering stunts growth pretty bad

you ask about topping, your fine to top the plants at this height, you could of done it sooner but your still ok at doing it now, plus you could top once then when the 2 new shoots grow you can top them again so you would then have 4 main cola,

when you top growth will be stunted for a few days to a week as the main stem stops growing as you are cutting the growing tip off, so then the growth either side of the main stem at the top grows and becomes the top of the plant, so topping now will force them nodes to grow a bit quicker as the plant moves its energy into them as they will now be the top of the plant, so you might not notice much difference for a few days to a week, but once its recovered then the plant will enter rapid growth,

let me read back and see what light your using, also the temps look a big high as well, you see the edges of the leaves cupping up, this means the plant is trying to lose moisture quicker as its to hot, so check the temps at the same level as the top of the plant, not at the top of grow room or far from the plants, check the temp near the plants, if you cant check the temp then the plants are big enough to have a small fan blowing on them, this will keep temps down and strengthen the stem, when the plant is to hot it stretches as its trying to get into cooler air, outdoors this is not a problem as it stretches to get higher than the surrounding plants so its getting a breeze, indoors it is a problem as the plant stretches but just ends up in hotter air so keeps stretching,

so you either need to get a small fan blowing on them but not to fast, you just want a gentle breeze, the other option is to raise the light a few inches and just keep an eye on the plant and the leaves,

apart from the cupping on the leaves your plants look great, just keep them temps in check and you will have no problems at all,

if you need to get hold of me quicker than drop me a pm as im subbed to over 40 journals so takes me hours to get through them all, but messages i reply to first as they keep popping up on the screen,

Hello dude, thanks for helping me, i topped my plants yesterday and i want u to tell me if i did it correctly, also i put a fan for 2 - 3 hours and i pulled up some inches the light to low the temperature, also i added one more cfl lamp 2700k colour so now i have 3 cfl lamps the two are 6400 and the one 2700k. In addition please look the pics and tell me if u see any signs of sex on them and if i topped them correctly. I dont know if its important and what it seems but the one plant smells marijuana and the other doesnt smell yet or it smells very little but not like the other and maybe the smell is a bit different, the two seeds were from the same strain.

Here are some pics :

DSC_04231.jpg

DSC_04252.jpg

DSC_04402.jpg

DSC_04412.jpg

DSC_0447.jpg

DSC_04363.jpg

P.S i tried to pm you but it says that i must have 50 post and i dont have yet :/

I noticed something today the leaves in the middle, actualy the leaves in the 2nd leaf set in the edge they are going brown not any other leaves and only in the edge, like a light brown stamp, what could caused it? Also it seems the ones growth is stunned, the other grows fast, the smallers growth is like stunned. Maybe this happened from topping ? :S

Hi mate, yep looks like you topped it just fine, topping will stunt growth from anything from 1 week and up to 2 depending on strain, basically when you top the plant you stop the main stem growing upwards, so this then forces the new branches either side of the stem to grow giving you 2 main tops which if you wanted you could top again,

so give it time and it will bounce back,

as or the brown leaves its hard to tell by the pics as cant really see it, in the pics the edge of the leaves are cupped up slightly so this means temps are still up slightly to high so keep an eye on that, when temps are right the leaves wont cup up at the edges, so keep an eye on them as they get taller as the lights will need raising as well,

as for the smell its hard to say, some plants stink in veg and some dont stink till they got to flower so its nothing to worry about, im sure you if rubbed a leaf between your thumb and finger then smelled your fingers im sure you would notice a smell then,

its to early to tell sex just yet, a female plant will grow white pistils at the nodes when its mature enough which is around week 6 of growth or week 2 of flower, so you wont know for a while some females grow pistils (white hairs) first and some grow the calyx (seed pod) first which the white hairs grow out of, males grow like bunches of grapes so if you have a male you will see many round balls at the top of the stem and also at each node, so they wont be showing sex just yet.

now for the leaf problem its hard to tell, let me check what soil your using and if your using nutrients, over watering can cause the leaves to die, the best way to know if its over watered is to fill another pot with dry medium and keep that pot dry so you can pick it up and feel how heavy it is then you can compare the weight of the pots with the plants in, you pretty much want them to dry out between waterings as the roots need oxygen as much as they do water, so letting them dry out will speed up growth and keep the roots healthy,
you can dig your fingers down into the soil about 2 inches and pull them out and if its moist they dont need watering but if its dry then give them a watering, its best to give them a good watering instead of watering a small amount each day, its good to let the pots dry out some before watering again, mine are going about 4 or 5 days without water then i water them well till a small amount of run off then leave it till the next time they need watering,

so that could be causing the leaf problem, if the pots are to small then that can also cause a similar problem as it gets root bound,

if it was a nutrient problem like to much nutrients then the edges of the leaves would be turning yellow, then brown and starting to go crispy and die,

they dont look like they need nutrients at this stage, in soil you can easily go 3 weeks in a small pot and when you transplant into a bigger pot you can usually go another 2 weeks as the soil contains a lot of nutrients which will take a while to be used up, in hydro you need nutrients from the first week of growth but in soil we dont need nutrients for a good few weeks.

if you can get a good pic of the leaf then put one up, or in my signature below their is a plant emergency room link, click on that and it will show you all sorts of problems and what the possible cause is and how to solve it,

Thanks again, here are some close photos of the leaves, the bottom leaves are like yellow in the edges and the leaves in the second leaf set in the very edge have like a brown stamp take a look.

DSC_03992.jpg

DSC_03943.jpg

ok, it looks to me like the soil is a bit to hot with nutrients, so just use plant water for a couple of weeks so the plant uses up the nutrients in the soil, if you add nutes to early then it will be to much so it only looks like a slight nute burn so as long as it dont get any worse it should grow out as it uses up more nutrients in the soil.

it dont look bad, the smaller seed leaves will die, so the round set the grew first and the single bladed set will often die after a couple of weeks and the new leaves then take over, but at the minute everything looks ok, you cant do much about the soil so as long as you let it use the nutrients up in the soil for a week or 2 then it should be ok, if it gets worse give us a shout but it usually gets bad pretty quick so im sure it would of got much worse if it was to high, so its just on the edge of been to much N in the soil, so as the plant gets bigger it will use more nutes up so it will settle after a week or 2

so i dont think you got anything to worry about at this stage

Hello dude, today they seem a bit worse its spread and to 2 more leaves not very much just in the edges they get brown they curle down and they become like claw, i read the guide in ur signature and its like Phosphorus deficiency or Nutrium burn.

Here are some new pics that shows the problem, i took them before some minutes, its a bit worse but i dont know. Please take a look and tell me what happened to my babies :/

DSC_03944.jpg

DSC_03955.jpg

DSC_03993.jpg

hi mate,

what soil are you using and how often are you watering, if its nute burn then the tips of the leaves will turn yellow then brown and crispy not long after, then it will cause bright yellow patches on the leaves,

let me see if i can find someone who can come over and have a look, the leaves seem to be wilting slightly now this could be a sign of over or under watered,

so ill read back and see what soil your using, ill try and find someone who can offer some further advice, ill put a link to your journal up, you should get a reply pretty soon, ill get on it now

i just posted the link to your journal in my journal, you can post a pic of your plant in my journal as well if you like and ask if anyone can offer some advice, ive posted a comment asking for help and a 2nd oppinion on what the problem may be,

you should get some help pretty soon, im just unsure about the leaves wilting, the burn on the leaves could be nute burn but the wilting might be signs of a root issue, it could be nothing and im sure it is but id prefer to get someone else to come and have a look in case im missing something,

I watered them more or less every 2 - 2.5 days. The synthesis of soil is this : turf(peat) 85%, organic substance vegetal origins 15%, perilte, sand, soil salinity 1,1gr/l, ph 5.2-6.0, EC 0.7mS/cm.

Heat, or maybe not enough air circulation around the lamps, could be the cause. I don't think those babies look too bad, I have seen much worse. Ph seems to be in the correct range, so we can rule that out, usually you develop rust like spots if it's a ph issue. Do you have any air circulating around the top, and sides of the plant? You can get small fans, and point them at the top of the babies, to create a crosswind. I mounted mine up high, near my large cfl, and they are completely out of the way up there.

Back
Top Bottom