Any idea what's up with these seedlings?

I have to go somewhere this morning, but can run some numbers through the spreadsheet this afternoon to see what dose of Terpinator might be appropriate.
Are you currently at 2.5ml/L of Canna A and B?

At the moment I'm currently mixing 2.5ml of canna A & B for every litre.

The canna A & B isn't the Canna vega A & B I was using previously.
The reason I was using the canna vega before was because the nutrients would have been recirculated with the grow in the loft but had to tear it all down and adapt the grow for hempy instead.

Sounds like a good idea.

I’m not keen on this light/heavy feeding approach. Your “heavy” might be just right, and then you go and dilute it. I would just stick to one mix.

:surf:

I'm open to any suggestions.
I bought the terpinator as my last lot of plants lacked that smell after curing. Some taste was there but I wanted more from this grow.

If I have your dosing correct (2.5ml/L each Canna A and B, plus 10ml/metric gallon of Terpinator), the numbers don’t look bad:

124N - 45P - 150K - 122Ca - 41Mg

I would run this for a few feedings (don’t dilute!) and watch the plants.

If I have your dosing correct (2.5ml/L each Canna A and B, plus 10ml/metric gallon of Terpinator), the numbers don’t look bad:

124N - 45P - 150K - 122Ca - 41Mg

I would run this for a few feedings (don’t dilute!) and watch the plants.

Yea more or less.

Canna A 2.5 ml/L
Canna B 2.5 ml/L
Terpinator 2.5 ml/L

The terpinator will be slightly off.

Way I worked it
There is 5.283 metric gallons in 20 litres

I rounded It off to 5 gallons exactly
5x10 = 50ml

50 ÷ 20 = 2.5

So 2.5ml per litre or 50ml every 20 litres since I normally mix my nutes in 20 litre batches.

I

Forgot to ask in my last reply.
How often should I be feeding the plants ?
Every day, every 2 or 3 days ?

They're in hempy buckets the reservoir on them aren't huge though as they were set up for bato/dutch buckets before everything went south.

Plants have only recently been transplanted a few days 4 or 5 days max.

Thanks again.

Forgot to ask in my last reply.
How often should I be feeding the plants ?
Every day, every 2 or 3 days ?
Probably every 2-3 days. Do you know how much the reservoir holds? When you feed, is it empty after 2 days? It’s probably okay to go for a day after the res is empty - the perlite should still be moist.

Probably every 2-3 days. Do you know how much the reservoir holds? When you feed, is it empty after 2 days? It’s probably okay to go for a day after the res is empty - the perlite should still be moist.

I think it was around 2 litres give or take and I'm sure that was with perlite in the bottom.

I couldn't say because its only been around 4 or 5 days since they were transplanted into the buckets. I've only gave them 2 big feeds, the first feeding was when they were transplanted to fill the res and the second was yesterday but the buckets were still full and heavy, there was some run off when I took the plugs out the buckets to feed them.
The second feed they got yesterday I waited until the run off stopped. Was a lot more than 20%, probably closer to 50%.

In that case, I would probably fertigate every 3-4 days and get a feel for how long it takes to go empty. For example, I know that my reservoir is a liter and it takes a liter every 3 days - I would wait until day 4 to fertigate. Your reservoir should get empty a few times during early veg - it encourages lateral root growth.

BTW, have you considered doing a grow journal?

In that case, I would probably fertigate every 3-4 days and get a feel for how long it takes to go empty. For example, I know that my reservoir is a liter and it takes a liter every 3 days - I would wait until day 4 to fertigate. Your reservoir should get empty a few times during early veg - it encourages lateral root growth.

BTW, have you considered doing a grow journal?

Thanks for the reply.

I'll go into the tent in a bit and pick them up to see how heavy they are but then there might not be any noticeable difference as they were only fed last night. Even though the hole is only about 1.5 inch up from the base they're 17 litre buckets. Yesterday when I fed them I poured roughly 1 and a half to 2 litres into every bucket.

I did have a grow journal but asked the staff to put it into abandoned journals due to me having to tear the whole grow room down and wasn't sure what was happening with the plants.
It took roughly 6 weeks to convert the loft to have a grow up there and within days of the plants being ready to transplant I got a call from the local housing association to say they were coming to do an electrical safety check.
Part of the check was that they would possibly need access to the loft which they did as the wiring for the light in the cupboard was tripping the main switch.
I might still do a journal.

Do you have another empty bucket and some perlite? You can lift that and then you will know when the res is empty. If you just fed them last night, try picking them up in three days.

I will follow your journal if you put a link in your signature.

Do you have another empty bucket and some perlite? You can lift that and then you will know when the res is empty. If you just fed them last night, try picking them up in three days.

I've got a couple of empty buckets there, I'm planning on putting a northern lights and a barneys blueberry cheese into them over the next few days but I haven't germinated the seeds yet as been busy decorating but I could do that tomorrow and check.

Sux about the association!
:passitleft:

Yea it was a bummer, I spent a fair amount for flooring, new buckets, hose, connectors, pumps and all sorts and most of it is just sitting in a box doing nothing now, not to mention the time it took aswell. Took weeks to set up with a few issues here and there and a few more tweaks and just as it was ready I got the call lol.
It was a sad day having to tear it down but it's not the end of the world

Yea it was a bummer, I spent a fair amount for flooring, new buckets, hose, connectors, pumps and all sorts and most of it is just sitting in a box doing nothing now, not to mention the time it took aswell.

going with diy stuff will cut your costs by 2/3 over a bought system. most diy systems run better as well. it's good to grow in a passive style first to get a feel for the plant. leave the active rdwc and dwc till you get your feet.

They're in hempy buckets the reservoir on them aren't huge though as they were set up for bato/dutch buckets before everything went south.

hempy buckets require a 20 - 25% reservoir. a hole in most buckets 2 to 2 1/2 inches from the bottom accomplishes it. more could encourage root rot. less and the plants will need constant feeding and attention.

The second feed they got yesterday I waited until the run off stopped. Was a lot more than 20%, probably closer to 50%.

you don't need to go above 10% run off, so long as the hole is set right. more is just wasting nutes.

A tablespoon of Blackstrap molasses has 450 mg K+
A tablespoon of the best black strap molasses has 600 mg K+ and 200 mg Calcium.
What do you limmies have for molasses?

molasses doesn't work the same in hempy. it really has no bearing there.

The plants were in pots far too small for their size and I wasn't able to get the pots I enitially wanted to start the seedling in elsewhere other than buying them online but possibly having to wait a week or so for delivery then there was the nute issue with not giving them enough. The beginning of the grow was a disaster.

I will do, I'm sure you'll be tagged in a few posts asking for advice as the grow continues.

what size are they in now ?

The fan is blowing towards the plants and the plant that has the curling leaves is on the side closest to the fan also.

get it away from that fan. wind burn could be contributing.
i'm concerned about that thing.

I calculate my feedings by litre and there's 5.28 metric gallon in 20 litres.

only mix what you need for an individual feed. don't mix extra. you could be losing nutes in suspension or other things as well. mix and water your feed fresh.

the only time i mix ahead is with a dry nute, and i only mix enough for one feed at a time.

i'm still trying to figure out how you're set up. toss some pics up some time. would be good to have a look at the problem child as well.

going with diy stuff will cut your costs by 2/3 over a bought system. most diy systems run better as well. it's good to grow in a passive style first to get a feel for the plant. leave the active rdwc and dwc till you get your feet.

It cost me less as far as the actual setup went as I know some of the dwc kits can be quite pricey but cost of the flooring was nearly £200 alone, I spent a fair amount to get everything set up. The insulation that was behind the panda film was quite expensive also.
I would have probably been cheaper and easier buying a tent big enough to house 10 plants but I like the challange and at the time money wasn't an issue.
Last time I really enjoyed my first ever grow in hempys, the only reason I decided to put the grow up the loft was noise and privacy being out of sight but now the grow is back in the bedroom

hempy buckets require a 20 - 25% reservoir. a hole in most buckets 2 to 2 1/2 inches from the bottom accomplishes it. more could encourage root rot. less and the plants will need constant feeding and attention.

The holes on the buckets are around 1 and a half inches from the base. I used flood and drain outlets for ebb and flow system for drainage. Enitially the holes were drilled for a dutch bucket style setup but just had to go with what I had when everything was stripped down up the loft. I'm running the buckets in the same manner as a hempy, the reservoir for each bucket holds roughly 2 litres. Other than the tiny amount of coco I used to germinate the seeds in the rest of the bucket is filled with perlite.

you don't need to go above 10% run off, so long as the hole is set right. more is just wasting nutes.

what size are they in now ?

When I first fed the plants after transplanting I never let all the run off drain properly so when it came to giving them a second feed the run off was a lot more than it should have been. I still need to try dial in the exact amount to feed each plant as I wasted a lot of nutrients the last time I ran hempys.

The plants are now in 17 litre buckets.

get it away from that fan. wind burn could be contributing.
i'm concerned about that thing.

After FelipeBlu asked about the fan I moved the fan upwards so it's now blowing towards the light rather than the plants.
only mix what you need for an individual feed. don't mix extra. you could be losing nutes in suspension or other things as well. mix and water your feed fresh.

the only time i mix ahead is with a dry nute, and i only mix enough for one feed at a time.

i'm still trying to figure out how you're set up. toss some pics up some time. would be good to have a look at the problem child as well.

I haven't managed to dial in exactly how much is needed as of yet, maybe after the next feed I'll manage to get the amount I'm mixing down as there is always extra.
Not sure if you would be able to point me in the right direction regarding how much to mix.
Each bucket as mentioned above is 17 litres in size and the reservoir holds around 2 litres before run off.

Here's a couple of pics I have at the moment
The plants are in a 8×4 tent, under 1 SP3000 led at the moment.
I'll get some more pics in the next few days and post some up.

20210821_143211.jpg

20210818_143048.jpg

20210822_024837.jpg

buckets are way too big for the holes being that close to the bottom for hempy. the res will be too small, unless you feed constant. the result is you're kinda out in the field on your own thing. actually that's a big bucket for hempy period.

plus is that a valve ?

plants look ok though. it just might become a lot more work with a small res.

didn't see the problem child either.

Back
Top Bottom