Any idea what's up with these seedlings?

buckets are way too big for the holes being that close to the bottom for hempy. the res will be too small, unless you feed constant. the result is you're kinda out in the field on your own thing. actually that's a big bucket for hempy period.

plus is that a valve ?

plants look ok though. it just might become a lot more work with a small res.

didn't see the problem child either.

As mentioned before when I drilled the holes it was meant for a bato/dutch bucket style setup. I suppose it's not quite a hempy but it's as close to hempy I could get without drilling more holes in the buckets, I improvised with what was there and just went with it, the principle is the same, it's a bucket with a reservoir and a drainage hole at the side.

If I need to feed them every day or every second day its not too much of an issue. Once this grow is over with though I can patch the buckets and drill holes further up.

The problem child is the one at the back furthest right.

Edit: It's a tub outlet for a ebb and flow system with a tiny piece of 13 or 16 mm pipe and stopper that can be popped off for draining the bucket for run off

they will get there. it just might need multiple feedings per day from mid veg through flower.

i like hempy for the ease. a smaller res runs a touch counter. big buckets will do big girls though. it just may take a bit more.

Forgot to answer
they will get there. it just might need multiple feedings per day from mid veg through flower.

i like hempy for the ease. a smaller res runs a touch counter. big buckets will do big girls though. it just may take a bit more.

I think some of them are in the early stages of flower at the minute. Again with all the messing about I could have had them in their final pots around 2 - 3 weeks ago so not sure if I've stunted them with being in small pots.
They seem more leggy than bushy.

Hempy was my first ever grow and like yourself i like the simplicity of them.
Hopefully the next lot I grow things will be a lot less hectic and more organised.
Yea the last lot I done in the 25L buckets were big bushy girls, I thought they were 20L buckets but they were actually 25L. They done me proud with what I got off them for a first timer.

Couple of pics of the girls now and a couple of pics of what looks like pistils.

20210822_134957.jpg

20210822_134915.jpg

20210822_135323.jpg

20210822_135402.jpg

There’s still time for training. You can start spreading them out by hanging weights on the upper stems to make them go more horizontal, or go ahead and do some super cropping into empty spaces you want to fill.

To supercrop, pinch and squeeze the stem where you want to make the bend (works best with more woody stems), roll your fingers together until you feel the crunch inside the stem, and fold the stem over onto itself into the desired direction, which will support the part above the bend.

:hippy:

There’s still time for training. You can start spreading them out by hanging weights on the upper stems to make them go more horizontal, or go ahead and do some super cropping into empty spaces you want to fill.

To supercrop, pinch and squeeze the stem where you want to make the bend (works best with more woody stems), roll your fingers together until you feel the crunch inside the stem, and fold the stem over onto itself into the desired direction, which will support the part above the bend.

Would super cropping not stunt them even more during early flower with them being auto's ?
How many nodes down would be reasonable if supercropping.

Thanks again for the reply

Something like this.

20210823_000554.jpg

20210823_000608.jpg

Perfect!

Supercropping is indeed a high stress technique, but so is topping. Hanging weights and gently spreading stems apart in different directions is a lower stress technique.
However at this point, I don’t think you will need to worry about stunting them though - they are mature enough to handle it.

Perfect!

Supercropping is indeed a high stress technique, but so is topping. Hanging weights and gently spreading stems apart in different directions is a lower stress technique.
However at this point, I don’t think you will need to worry about stunting them though - they are mature enough to handle it.

All six supercropped.
20210823_001731.jpg

Nice job! :thumb:
Now, they will want to come back up. This is where you can do some training to keep the canopy flat. Every node after the bend will become 2 tops.

I'm guessing that the main branch thats been supercropped will need to be tied down after a few days.
The two nodes is that above of below the bend.

Thanks again

Above. And try to keep all of the tops at about the same level. Some growers use pipe cleaners, some use twine and clips, weights, etc. Just nothing too thin, so it doesn’t cut the stem.

I have nylon rope and rubber tubing laying around. If I put the rope through the tubing so the rubber tubing is the only thing in contact with the branches that should work ?
It's soft rubber meant for aquarium air stones.

Back
Top Bottom