Any idea what's up with these seedlings?

forgot to add you are rockin that grow.
it's so cool to see how much you've tuned that little hydro rig up and how far you've come. :)

That’s definitely out of my lane - but there are lots of fantastic growers on here - just post a question if a search doesn’t give you the results you’re looking for.

I'll definitely ask around the forum when the time comes.
I enjoy experimenting with the plant's, it keeps things that little bit more interesting with each grow I do.

the drooping is totally normal. it means they've had enough ppfd. also indicates a good rig and / or decent penetration.

it's the opposite of praying, they reach up in the morning when they wanna go, they chill down in the evening when they wanna ease off.

if you use supplemental lighting, now is the time to run it. you can extend the day cycle without running a full rig and get your deep blues and far reds in for veg and flower. it's part of why i run the 5050's on my little veg rig. also why i need to add the reds on the flower rig.

Thanks for the reply bluter.
I'm not using any supplemental lighting at the moment. I'm running 2 mars hydro sp3000 led lights but if you could recommend any type of supplemental lighting for possibly any future grows I will look into it more.

Thanks again.

@FelipeBlu

Is this as good as dead ?
I snapped the branch by accident yesterday and tried to tape it up but when I went in earlier to feed the plants I noticed the leaves and branch were dropping badly.
If it's more than likely not worth saving I will just remove it.

20210907_210704.jpg

Was it completely snapped off?
If so, it’s probably not going to make it.
You could stick it in a glass of water and root it if you want to try that.

Pretty much snapped the stem about 75 to 80% of the way through, was a clean break.
It got snagged on my hand while I was seeing to the plant next to it when it happened and wrapped it in masking tape straight away but today it was looking worst for wear.

I have rooting gel there but with it being an auto would it even be worth it ?

It might save the branch, but if you had 20-25% still attached, it might still repair if you got the parts matched up enough.

Thanks for the reply FelipeBlu.

I removed the tape and had a proper look at it, I don't think the two ends were tight enough together, the tip where it snapped was drying up and looked to be more or less hanging by a few strands so I've just removed it from the plant and will let it heal.

If you have an inquisitive mind (like me), it might be interesting to see what happens if the stem gets put in a glass of water. Sure, it’s an Auto, but it might send out some roots and make a nice bud
:hmmmm:

I do have an inquisitive mind.
I've thrown the snapped stem in the bin as there wasn't a lot to play with but maybe this will suffice.
Couple of clippings from a couple of the girls.

20210908_004810.jpg

Theyre drooping same as the rest of the big plants as it's nearly lights out.
I did the same thing on my previous grow just because I could and it was something to do plus I was curious to see it it would root and it did. I eventually gave it away but it had a few grams worth of bud on it.

@ FelipeBlu.

Any idea as what's the cause of this ?
I gave 4 of my girls away due to unforseen events but have decided to keep 6.

1 has a little yellowing on one or two leaves, at the very tips of the leaves there is a small bit of yellow.
The second plant doesn't look so good though.
The other 4 look to be doing fine.

Plant 1
20210812_160859.jpg

Plant 2
20210812_160848.jpg

20210812_160919.jpg
:ciao: Make sure to check your PH reader it can cause alot of look a like issues and turn out to be just ph adjustment. I do 6.3 maybe 6.5 if that helps:hippy:

:ciao: Make sure to check your PH reader it can cause alot of look a like issues and turn out to be just ph adjustment. I do 6.3 maybe 6.5 if that helps:hippy:

I just recently bought a care kit for my bluelabs pH pen and calibrated it, was slightly out but nothing major.
I've been staying within the margins of what I did when I was growing with coco. 5.8 - 6.2

With my nutrients water mixed without adding pH up or down the feed sits exactly at 6.0

Okay I'm fairly new just giving a little advice if it helps.I also had the bluelab pH pen also before which didn't work out too great for me on my last run. But it seems like you're dialed in :thumb:
I appreciate the advice.

To be honest I don't know what the pH range is for perlite, I just assumed it would be similar to growing in coco since it's inert and it's classed as hydro. As far as I'm led to believe for coco somewhere between 5.8 and 6.2 is supposedly good so thought it would be similar for perlite.

Other than at the beginning of when I originally posted this, more recently the plants seem to be much healthier since upping the nutrients and potassium

I appreciate the advice.

To be honest I don't know what the pH range is for perlite, I just assumed it would be similar to growing in coco since it's inert and it's classed as hydro. As far as I'm led to believe for coco somewhere between 5.8 and 6.2 is supposedly good so thought it would be similar for perlite.

Other than at the beginning of when I originally posted this, more recently the plants seem to be much healthier since upping the nutrients and potassium
I see I never actually grown in perlite myself so a lot of these new ways and mediums are very new to me lol it's fun learning though I tell you that :slide:

It really depends on the fertilizer. With the one I’m currently using (MC), I can vary from 5.5 to 6.5 and in fact, during veg, I mix low and let it swing up so as to get nutrient uptake across the range. Bud most will recommend a narrower range, like 5.8 to 6.2

I just recently bought a care kit for my bluelabs pH pen and calibrated it, was slightly out but nothing major.
I've been staying within the margins of what I did when I was growing with coco. 5.8 - 6.2

it's hydro rules. hit that perlite with dead steady 5.8 ph and nothing else.
most hydro nute systems will hit a serious fail in mid veg to flower if they don't get a steady ph.

I see I never actually grown in perlite myself so a lot of these new ways and mediums are very new to me lol it's fun learning though I tell you that :slide:
This is only my second grow and first time growing in perlite. With the coco I spent a lot more time reading up on it than I have with perlite. I like to try new thing's aswell and like the challenge and learning as I go, keeps things a bit more interesting.

This is only my second grow and first time growing in perlite. With the coco I spent a lot more time reading up on it than I have with perlite.

they are very similar. same nutes, same ph rules, same accelerated rate of development.

Back
Top Bottom