Are there any other parent smokers?

MissP

I'm a parent, and I was wondering if I'm not alone. I dont smoke around the kids. I'll wait until they're gone or in bed to toke.

Of course with smoking weed, there's a slight guilt factor. I'm supposed to be setting an example for my kids. But honestly, if it wasn't illegal it wouldn't be an issue. It's not MORALLY wrong, kwim? I don't really like alcohol and I never go out anywhere. I'm a homebody. Weed is my only "guilty pleasure". I figure if my kids are well taken care of, I can indulge. The risk factor of getting caught with it is next to zero, so I'm not scared of going to jail.

I know I"m not alone in real life. I have friends with kids who also smoke. One of my dealers was my son's daycare teacher. How awful is that? LOL! She was a hippy chick who was awesome with the kids. I miss her... and her stash.

Um, and whats up with this smiley??? :smokin:

I'm not a parent but I know AT LEAST 10 people who's parents toke, and another 5 or so friends who have kids who burn.
It's fine so long as you don't put your getting high before your kids needs.

And you've never exhaled a flying elephant?!

There is nothing wrong with what you are doing. It is the Federal Government who has instilled reefer madness into everyone's head to the point where puffing on a plant is immoral and criminal. Although i am not a parent i know parents near and far that enjoy the medicinal and recreational qualities of Cannabis Sativa.

Oh and that smiley looks like the joint had some other substances put into or its cronic. I've never seen that above my head. lol

the only reason we think it is wrong is because it is illegal. If it were perfectly legal, we could sit at home and have a bowl and not worry about it or feel bad. Most people wouldnt feel bad about having a glass of wine....I dont drink either and I am a homebody as well.....

I do plan to smoke after I have kids as long as it isnt affecting them in anyway.... I also plan on teaching them the truth about it if they ever ask. I'm not going to lie and say it will destroy your life because we all know it really doesnt.

I dont know if I am really chillax on cannabis because my mom taught me the truth about it( haha and I was so scared to try it I didnt smoke till I was 18....) She never tried to scare me about it or tell me I was grounded if I did it.

I dont think it is something you should feel guilty about. I think at the end of the day you deserve to relax in whatever way you wish to. I do know a few parents that still smoke but I also know a few people who have stopped toking completely because they dont want their kids to be around it.....

I dont know...I just think you shouldnt feel guilty unless it is hindering your child in some way.

:)

i'm a parent of 2 and a grandparent of 3. i've been smoking my entire adult life. didn't smoke in front of the kids until they were 18, mostly at my wifes request. there is nothing wrong with smoking cannabis and as jefferson said its our duty to break unjust laws so its patriotic and sets a good example.
Um, and whats up with this smiley???
smokin2.gif
as for the smiley, i use it when i feel smug about something or i want to convey a sense of i told you so.
smokin2.gif

there is nothing wrong with a parent toking as long as they keep up with their other shit (job, stuff with the kids, all that grown up stuff). i mean personally, i can't imagine a future where i have kids and don't smoke cannabis.

also, a lot more adults probably smoke than us youngsters might imagine. don't feel guilty :yummy:

I'm a parent of 1. I don't feel guilty at all; however, I wait til she goes to bed before a break it out. ;-) I'm sure it would be fine for me to smoke and take care of her, but it just doesn't feel right to me. Trust me though, it has crossed my mind. We're goin through the terrible 2's. ;-)

awe :)
I miss my nieces soo much- 6 yr and 3 yr old now.
They moved to Europe in May and I am heartbroken. I used to spoil them to heck- you have no idea.
Tell her she has a new auntie in NY. :)

They have subsidized healthcare now. They enjoy the outdoors now all day. Imagine skiing and riding horses as work and making enough to live very very well.
Tell her we'll have heaps of fun! Central park,FAO schwarz and ice skating ! woohooo

Back
Top Bottom