Do you get high with your adult children?

Canachris

My kids will be coming over tomorrow for fathers day, my kids are 31 and 33 I've been smoking with them since they were in their early 20's. When they were early teens I had the conversation about drugs se x and alcohol and being a upstanding citizen. I was very open with them about my use and abuse and the trouble that can go along with that. They are both successful young people with good lives. When we get toghter we get high an have lots of fun interesting conversations eat good food and it a beautiful thing. How many of you have similar relationships with your kids? Is it odd, am I a bad parent?

My kids are 30, 32, 38. I give my kids weed, I never get high with them, like @Mastrmasn said "just feels weird".

:hookah:

... but I can't bring myself to do it. Just feels weird.
I know the feeling.

My kids are 30, 32, 38. I give my kids weed, I never get high with them, like @Mastrmasn said "just feels weird".
Ya, it would be like lighting up and passing the joint to my dad.;) Only one of my kid's smokes and I give her weed and salve but party at your own place seems most comfortable.

I don't have a kid old enough to smoke with.... But my dad's 3 youngest 34(me) 31(sis) and 28(bro) all smoke with him... Myself more so than the others as I'm partially growing to supply him with better quality weed as well as another reason....

But my dad really enjoys the company and the chuckles we share while hanging out, playing chess, listening to Floyd and Hendrix.... He was weird at first but opened up about eventually.

I guess just test the waters if ya don't like the feeling or vibe hold off until another time ...if ya feel it feels right then burn one together.

I know the feeling.

Ya, it would be like lighting up and passing the joint to my dad.;) Only one of my kid's smokes and I give her weed and salve but party at your own place seems most comfortable.
She smokes what I grow and I'm teaching her that aspect of it but, yeah do it elsewhere.

My kid was over 21 when I started toking again, so doesn't feel weird to me really for whatever reason. We had rule when he was a teenager that he had to toke/drink outside in shed area (as my Wife didn't like the smell and she prob wouldn't have approved anyway ;) ), just if anyone was too messed up they were supposed to stay here, had to wade thru teenage bodies on the floor a few times to get to my computer :rofl: . I figured as a teen they was going to do it anyway (like I did) and less likely to get in trouble doing it at home than at some park or parking lot or whatever, my dad had that rule on drinking or whatever that if you need a ride call instead of trying to drive if you messed up (so was similar to that and was same if he was out partying (but he home body so didn't do that much back then and now always home.

I get high with my adult father... does that count? :rofl:

Actually, it was Dad who didn't say no, after I had turned 13 or 14... but I had been around the old folks toking all of my life up to that point, and had been known to be able to drink a healthy hit of smoke from a quart jar as a toddler. Now Dad is in his 60's and lives with me, and us smoking together is as natural as us gardening together... and we do that too.

My kid was over 21 when I started toking again, so doesn't feel weird to me really for whatever reason. We had rule when he was a teenager that he had to toke/drink outside in shed area (as my Wife didn't like the smell and she prob wouldn't have approved anyway ;) ), just if anyone was too messed up they were supposed to stay here, had to wade thru teenage bodies on the floor a few times to get to my computer :rofl: . I figured as a teen they was going to do it anyway (like I did) and less likely to get in trouble doing it at home than at some park or parking lot or whatever, my dad had that rule on drinking or whatever that if you need a ride call instead of trying to drive if you messed up (so was similar to that and was same if he was out partying (but he home body so didn't do that much back then and now always home.

I stopped smoking weed when I got married and had my three kids. 28 years later all my kids were grown and out of the house, I started vaping weed and growing my own. Been almost 5 years now. I guess it feels weird to me because I raised my kids in a sober home.

If my kids want to do it I'd be happy to burn one with them. I've been trying to educate my kids about drugs little by little as they get old enough to understand what I'm telling them. We have some great conversations actually. I've said to my eldest that if she is ever curious to try cannabis then she comes to see me and I'll make sure she has the best possible experience with it in a safe environment. I hope she does if the time comes. She's shown zero interest so far though. Moans about the smell :laugh:

I stopped smoking weed when I got married and had my three kids. 28 years later all my kids were grown and out of the house, I started vaping weed and growing my own. Been almost 5 years now. I guess it feels weird to me because I raised my kids in a sober home.

20 years I was in blue collar dog jobs that did random tests all the time, you could count on at least 3 a year and sometimes your number came up in the lottery 2 or 3 months in a row. One of those wasn't worth it as factory work dangerous and if you got hurt they test you, and if positive then workmans comp screws you on medical and on unemployment so wasn't worth it to me. The Lumber Mill did one on the day after New Years and out of 200+ employees 25 were no longer working there a few days later ;) as someone in the office was smart and knew that would be a good day for it, but it screwed them on production numbers as the folks that did breaks for some of the operators couldn't do it as fast as them and all day long :rofl: took a month before production numbers came back up.

I started again in 2017 as was my Wife's caregiver and she knew my back is all messed up (she was from an LEO family so she didn't approve or reluctantly did as I took good care of her for almost 9 years), so it more for medical than recreation even though I don't have a medical card.

Back
Top Bottom