Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

For anyone wondering about fabric pots here's a pic of the root system from 2 males I had. 6 weeks veg in 1 gal pots full of coco. Just wish I had pics from my plastic pots after they were root bound
420-magazine-mobile20797893.jpg
they r a lil tan but that's from gh 2 part nutes

Yes water drains very well, they air prune ur roots. Basically only the tip of ur roots take up nutes. What happens with fabric or smart pots is as the roots meet the air it kills the tips causing them to start new shoots so to speak. So the roots r always growing new shoots an all these new roots pick up nutes. wish I had a pic of a root system in a plastic pot. But I let my males go longer then normal just to see the difference an Iam sold on fabric :)

I try not to jump to big cause I personally find growth stunted to much while it's trying to fill the pot with roots. But I believe autos go strait to their final pot an skip the mid pot but Iam not possitive about that.

Yeah??I'd love to hear a definitive answer on this issue... do autos benefit from staged transplanting? It seems to me that if its busy making roots in a too big pot, that's gonna inhibit overall plant growth, at least until it catches up, and with auto's we may not have a lot of time for it to refocus on bud growth...

I'm no expert, ...

Yeah??I'd love to hear a definitive answer on this issue... do autos benefit from staged transplanting? It seems to me that if its busy making roots in a too big pot, that's gonna inhibit overall plant growth, at least until it catches up, and with auto's we may not have a lot of time for it to refocus on bud growth...

I'm no expert, ...
Yeah same, last auto grow I did I did small then one transplant into bigger pot

I'm no expert, ...
I believe the thought is that transplant shock slows them more in their short life span

Back
Top Bottom