Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Odd question that's been puzzling my mind so figure I'll ask.

Is it possible to get a male plant out of what I assume is a female only strain(Tutatankhamun) without breeding another strain into it?

Not 100% sure on how fem works, does this mean that the male gene no longer exists within a seed? So if I took a fem and stressed it to hermie and pollinate itself, would the resulting seeds still be fem only?

Or is there another possible way to do it?

Hey - thanks GROWw

Well, a combination. It's the first proper grow so we're running a few experiments. Couple pots, maybe a plant in one of the vege-patch beds (they're wicki-beds so I'm still not sure about this, maybe transplant to there just before flower...), maybe one or 2 in the ground in our little forest (with an amended hole for the plant). Hence the question. Some idea of a good Ph range would be enough. I'd thought 6-7 but not really sure where I got that (have assumed that it's just filtered into my brain from al the millions of forums I've read over the past 4-5years .)

Just about all bagged soil comes within that ph range.
It's already balanced because they know the soil will be used for plants.

420-magazine-mobile310596450.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1155158772.jpg
so guys I wana know if it's not healthy or helpful to pull off the fan leaves during veg
420-magazine-mobile1868651333.jpg
rn I'm running a 600 w light and 4 100 w 5000k lights on the sides for light in the canopy also was thinking if I take some leaves off I know they need a little bit of time for recovery but in the end does it help the plant grow faster cause it dosent have to take energy from the fan leaves then put it to the growth tips or any auger leaves ? Any help would be super helpful as I'm kinda lost in my current stage and would like to try and flower in a week or two

I pull leaves off during both stages flower/veg.
It's usually not that many and it's only when I feel the leaves are blocking potential bud sites.
Hope that helps. Happy growing.

Hello friends,

These babes are into week 3 flower.
They have stopped stretching.
400w hps. Can't raise it any higher.

Should I leave be or supercrop?

Ta
420-magazine-mobile626131135.jpg

Hey guys. Flipped this plant to flower, and it's already stretched a lot.
420-magazine-mobile221977406.jpg
this pic is a few days old, probably a few inches taller now.
I'm worried I'll run out of room before it's ready to harvests the only fert I have right now is neptunes harvest rose and flower, which is 2-6-1. I'm trying to get something off amazon that has 0 nitrogen in it, but I live in Canada and it says all the main stream ones like fox farm, earth juice etc... won't ship to my location. Don't know why. Any canadian growers know of something produced in Canada that would be the equivalent that would have shipping problems? Thanks. Trying to purchase off Amazon.ca

Hey guys. Flipped this plant to flower, and it's already stretched a lot.
420-magazine-mobile221977406.jpg
this pic is a few days old, probably a few inches taller now.
I'm worried I'll run out of room before it's ready to harvests the only fert I have right now is neptunes harvest rose and flower, which is 2-6-1. I'm trying to get something off amazon that has 0 nitrogen in it, but I live in Canada and it says all the main stream ones like fox farm, earth juice etc... won't ship to my location. Don't know why. Any canadian growers know of something produced in Canada that would be the equivalent that would have shipping problems? Thanks. Trying to purchase off Amazon.ca

Just searched more, apparently if I order the trio, it will ship to my location, weird.

I use amazon a lot, generally if you look enough you'll be able to find what you're looking for. Can be a pain in the ass at sometimes finding one that ships here, but generally I do end up finding it

I use amazon a lot, generally if you look enough you'll be able to find what you're looking for. Can be a pain in the ass at sometimes finding one that ships here, but generally I do end up finding it

Thanks for the reply, I've never used fox farm, only neptunes harvest. After reading the brief descriptions I'm a little confused. Is the big bloom the only thing you use for flowering, or do u use tiger bloom in conjunction with it. The tiger bloom has 2% nitrogen in it, the same as the neptunes harvest I'm using now. I'm looking too keep the vertical growth limited to about six inches through the flowering period
420-magazine-mobile59506844.jpg

This was about a six week veg.

The line of nutes I'm using(which was VERY difficult to get up here) is 9-58-8, can't really comment on that line of nutes. Vertical grow though, would have a lot to do with the strain itself, the environment etc.... Not sure how well you'll be able to "control" vertical growth.

The line of nutes I'm using(which was VERY difficult to get up here) is 9-58-8, can't really comment on that line of nutes. Vertical grow though, would have a lot to do with the strain itself, the environment etc.... Not sure how well you'll be able to "control" vertical growth.

Thanks, I was under the impression you stop feeding nitrogen during flowering to limit stretching, to get tighter buds.

I'm not sure about stopping feeding them N just lowering it. I had started out with the GH Flora trio before I switched to this line, and even with the GH Flora trio there'd still be N in the mix for flowering.

Accidentally split one of my girls at the main stem. Not sure when, but by my pictures it had to be within the past 2-3 weeks. She looks mostly healed on her own but if anyone has experience with injuries and advice on preventing infection, if it's even necessary at this point, I'd appreciate hearing it.

65 days since germination, never saw her suffering from the injury.

420-magazine-mobile725216608.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2098404293.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1519857551.jpg

Back
Top Bottom