Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

I am getting a 4" fan and carbon filter combo off amazon for my 2x2x4 grow tent. My temp has been around 70 degrees but the humidity around 70% with the side flaps open. I have a fan in the tent and a pc 120mm fan exhaust for now until I get the fan/filter. My question is, do I need an intake fan? or will the pc fan work for now?? thanks, first time grower here.

You should exchange the air. I get air from the house through the tents vents and it exits out a roof jack. Ive got an 8"fan in a 5x9 tent. Im on my 3rd grow now and I havent had any smell worth hooking up my filter. I think I did good by getting a big exhaust fan.

Thank you for your advice. I just needed to be reassured I guess. This is my first grow outside and this weather in Massachusetts can be stressful to say the least!
Also because of the confusion exactly when flowering started outside, I thought I was a week behind from where I really am. I wanted to hit her with some overdrive for another week plus a flush.
Let me ask you another questions when you cut down some branches or tops that were done. Did you go back to using nutes for one more final push to hopefully swell up the remaining buds??
By the way these plants are El Fuego from DNA Genetics.
Thanks again.
Cheers

I think feeding the rest is personal preference. If they can get 2-3 more plain waters before harvest I'd say yes. My thoughts on flush are this...if the buds are big and dense enough quit feeding. I double harvest almost all my plants depending. It helps brake up the work also.

I think feeding the rest is personal preference. If they can get 2-3 more plain waters before harvest I'd say yes. My thoughts on flush are this...if the buds are big and dense enough quit feeding. I double harvest almost all my plants depending. It helps brake up the work also.
Dutchess
Thank you!
When harvesting in stages is it ok to chop the main stem when removing the cola?
Don't want to kill and make it last another week or so.

Hi all - starting to prep for outdoor grow (it's spring where I am) and having discussions with the gardening partner about soil Ph.

I'd like confirmation that if making one's own organic soil blend (not LOS) just a standard good enough soil, a ph of 6.5 is desired - is this correct?

I wish the answer was a clear cut yes or no. Unfortunately it is not. How big of containers will you be using, or are you planting in to the ground?

I wish the answer was a clear cut yes or no. Unfortunately it is not. How big of containers will you be using, or are you planting in to the ground?

Hey - thanks GROWw

Well, a combination. It's the first proper grow so we're running a few experiments. Couple pots, maybe a plant in one of the vege-patch beds (they're wicki-beds so I'm still not sure about this, maybe transplant to there just before flower...), maybe one or 2 in the ground in our little forest (with an amended hole for the plant). Hence the question. Some idea of a good Ph range would be enough. I'd thought 6-7 but not really sure where I got that (have assumed that it's just filtered into my brain from al the millions of forums I've read over the past 4-5years .)

420-magazine-mobile813457442.jpg

This is day 63 of vegging (since popping from soil)

Is it too early to flower?

I've had some really slow growth for some reason.

It's not auto, same strain as last time, but growth is so much slower. Started flower on previous grow @ day 40 and showed sex a few days later.

This chart goes with what I was saying thanks kingjoe. And yea call make defencies are a bitch and seem like a over or under water....

No prob ...

Question I've always wondered, why exactly is it that the medium changes the optimal PH ranges?

Like why do roots in "soilless" operate better around 5.8 whereas in soil it's 6.5

That's a big explanation that sadly I can talk too smart about but I'm guessing it has something to do with aeraition

It's not auto, same strain as last time, but growth is so much slower. Started flower on previous grow @ day 40 and showed sex a few days later.

What strain is it? Could be a different pheno

As to if its too early to flower, it's never really too early, it's all based on how much room you have to veg, if you still have plenty of room to let it fill out, then why not

420-magazine-mobile310596450.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1155158772.jpg
so guys I wana know if it's not healthy or helpful to pull off the fan leaves during veg
420-magazine-mobile1868651333.jpg
rn I'm running a 600 w light and 4 100 w 5000k lights on the sides for light in the canopy also was thinking if I take some leaves off I know they need a little bit of time for recovery but in the end does it help the plant grow faster cause it dosent have to take energy from the fan leaves then put it to the growth tips or any auger leaves ? Any help would be super helpful as I'm kinda lost in my current stage and would like to try and flower in a week or two

Dutchess
Thank you!
When harvesting in stages is it ok to chop the main stem when removing the cola?
Don't want to kill and make it last another week or so.
You can remove any buds you think are ready. Let the rest mature another week or two. I do it all the time. Its called a double harvest. Pick and yes feed but make sure you can get another couple plain waters after. They say Molasses. I use it. Plain Molasses on the end. Im still learning too.

420-magazine-mobile310596450.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1155158772.jpg
so guys I wana know if it’s not healthy or helpful to pull off the fan leaves during veg
420-magazine-mobile1868651333.jpg
rn I’m running a 600 w light and 4 100 w 5000k lights on the sides for light in the canopy also was thinking if I take some leaves off I know they need a little bit of time for recovery but in the end does it help the plant grow faster cause it dosent have to take energy from the fan leaves then put it to the growth tips or any auger leaves ? Any help would be super helpful as I’m kinda lost in my current stage and would like to try and flower in a week or two

Its called Defoil. Go see what Nebula Haze at growweedeasy says about it. The plant gets its energy from the fan leafs. You dont want to pluck nothing unless you have to. Indoors they defoil to get the plant more light. Your plant looks great and I wouldent pull nothing off at this point

Hey - thanks GROWw

Well, a combination. It's the first proper grow so we're running a few experiments. Couple pots, maybe a plant in one of the vege-patch beds (they're wicki-beds so I'm still not sure about this, maybe transplant to there just before flower...), maybe one or 2 in the ground in our little forest (with an amended hole for the plant). Hence the question. Some idea of a good Ph range would be enough. I'd thought 6-7 but not really sure where I got that (have assumed that it's just filtered into my brain from al the millions of forums I've read over the past 4-5years .)

Id say yes to the ph range 6-7 for your soil. This is why I use Fox Farm dirt and their nutes by their schedule and they couldent be better. Fox Farm makes it easy. Experimenting is fun!!! There are other factors that will make one medium better than the others. I dig a hole the size of a 5 gal bucket and add the FF dirt. There is dirt recipes out there. Ive heard the Mendo dope boys have a recipe people use. I cant see myself steering away from Fox Farm for a while cause of its simplicity and availability. One day I will go organic. If I had no access to commercial soil id be making my own too. I havent found anyone better than Nebula Haze to answer my questions. Google her she loves to help.

She sure looks pale green. Nitrogen def??? That would explain the slow growth. You can flip anytime. Figure the plant will double in size by harvest from flip. I figure mine to get 2' bigger after flip depending on strain.

Hey - thanks GROWw

If you make a well balanced soil such as Rev's 2.1 mix or a close derivitive of it and let it cook for at least 4 weeks but longer is better, then all those ingredients after cooking are not only what the plant will need but its microbe friendly AND...the important part...created with measurements of each ingredient that will give an end result of a soil that is a very stable 6.5 in PH

Id say yes to the ph range 6-7 for your soil. This is why I use Fox Farm dirt and their nutes by their schedule and they couldent be better. Fox Farm makes it easy. Experimenting is fun!!! There are other factors that will make one medium better than the others. I dig a hole the size of a 5 gal bucket and add the FF dirt. There is dirt recipes out there. Ive heard the Mendo dope boys have a recipe people use. I cant see myself steering away from Fox Farm for a while cause of its simplicity and availability. One day I will go organic. If I had no access to commercial soil id be making my own too. I havent found anyone better than Nebula Haze to answer my questions. Google her she loves to help.

If you make a well balanced soil such as Rev's 2.1 mix or a close derivitive of it and let it cook for at least 4 weeks but longer is better, then all those ingredients after cooking are not only what the plant will need but its microbe friendly AND...the important part...created with measurements of each ingredient that will give an end result of a soil that is a very stable 6.5 in PH

Thanks Dutchess & Gee, that helps. .

Back
Top Bottom