Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Hey, just a question/comment because ive NEVER tried autos. Ive heard your not supposed to top autos as well as not transplant autos. Is that not true?
Yes sir but the top 2 didn't fix. Beautiful plants. I simply love the blue and purple colors.My pocket microscope is lost in the mail. I'm trying to figure out how close I truly am that's why I posted the frosty pics. Im starting a victory seeds biggest bud and gonna try a journal myself. Edited to grow some real stuff instead of bag seed.

My pocket microscope is lost in the mail. Any other way to tell how far away from harvest.I'm st the end of week 7. Is the difference huge if you cut early. I'm waiting the full 8 weeks but there's no telling if ill have my looking glass anytime soon.

Start with genetics. If you can get info on their flowering period, that will give you a baseline. Then look at pistils. If they are white turning red, you want the majority of red prior to harvest. Also, as the buds ripen the pistils will curl back. Most of them should be curled for harvest.

That's just my two-cents from what I've been reading and as relates to my own plants.

Growweedeasy.com has tips for trichome and non-trichome signs. Obviously viewing the trichs is ideal.

Also, I'm realizing that the pocket microscope is not the easiest tool. I'm going to be getting one of those cheap two lense jeweler loupes.

Defiantly trying to keep air moving around everywhere. Inside the tent I have 2x 7-inch fans+ I have a intake fan, and extraction fan with carbon filter.

Do you think it would be ok to put the electric dehumidifier in the tent sometimes?

Ah ok will turn the heating up a bit at night, it's cause I have my lights off at night so relying on the oil heater to keep things warm.

Check out Growweedeasy.com about curing.

Start with genetics. If you can get info on their flowering period, that will give you a baseline. Then look at pistils. If they are white turning red, you want the majority of red prior to harvest. Also, as the buds ripen the pistils will curl back. Most of them should be curled for harvest.

That’s just my two-cents from what I’ve been reading and as relates to my own plants.

Growweedeasy.com has tips for trichome and non-trichome signs. Obviously viewing the trichs is ideal.

Also, I’m realizing that the pocket microscope is not the easiest tool. I’m going to be getting one of those cheap two lense jeweler loupes.

I havent tried the jewelers loupe yet but I bought a couple hand micros that I can get one to work better than the other. I think my scope is 100x? so a loupe would have to be as strong. Ive got mag glasses that aint worth shit. But Im trying to see Russets. So I guess Im suggesting to get one strong for that.
Heres the point Im getting to Photo... get russets and youll get good with a scope!! I get the right angle and it runs like a movie. A spidermite looks like King Kong just ran by when Russet searching.
Happy Thanksgiving 420!!

That's just my two-cents from what I've been reading and as relates to my own plants.

Also, I'm realizing that the pocket microscope is not the easiest tool. I'm going to be getting one of those cheap two lense jeweler loupes.
Do your self a favor and spend 30 on this exact microscope if you have a smart phone. 1000x zoom and plugs into your phone for easy pictures you can review when not in your room. Helps you make better calls on chop day!!!!! Nothing but good things to say. Although it says its 50 dollars... i found mine on amazon for 30.
420-magazine-mobile686561184.jpg

Sure, sure, sure
420-magazine-mobile2003848850.jpg

Unsure, unsure, unsure
420-magazine-mobile1776625828.jpg

Those are at like 50% zoom too! Love this microscope.... i tell everyobe about it because it is cheap and is in the 21st century rarher than a cheap jewlers loop u can only looj at while your in the tent with orange damn lights on. The lights in my tebt make tricomes look amber when they are still clear. With this scope you turn lights off in room because it has multiple led lights on microscope tip to get proper color. Really fun tool and helps with impatience!!!!!

I havent tried the jewelers loupe yet but I bought a couple hand micros that I can get one to work better than the other. I think my scope is 100x? so a loupe would have to be as strong. Ive got mag glasses that aint worth shit. But Im trying to see Russets. So I guess Im suggesting to get one strong for that.
Heres the point Im getting to Photo... get russets and youll get good with a scope!! I get the right angle and it runs like a movie. A spidermite looks like King Kong just ran by when Russet searching.
Happy Thanksgiving 420!!

Yea well, hopefully i never have the opportunity to refine my scope skills that much! Good luck with the pests.

The loupe I'm looking at is a $10 30x-60x. The pocket microscope i got is 30x which is pretty good except the stabilization part. I wouldn't mind going 60x and the loupe is way easier on the eyes than trying to keep pressed to the microscope.

Do your self a favor and spend 30 on this exact microscope if you have a smart phone. 1000x zoom and plugs into your phone for easy pictures you can review when not in your room. Helps you make better calls on chop day!!!!! Nothing but good things to say. Although it says its 50 dollars... i found mine on amazon for 30.
420-magazine-mobile686561184.jpg

Sure, sure, sure
420-magazine-mobile2003848850.jpg

Unsure, unsure, unsure
420-magazine-mobile1776625828.jpg

That looks pretty sweet. I was checking it out at one point but it seemed like it could be great or a piece of shit. Glad to hear you give it a thumbs up. Maybe I'll grab one. At $30 it's worth a try.

Thanks for the tip.

Its great. One thing i will say is make sire it is compatable with your phone. I have a samsung galexy s7 and it works great. I hear newer/newest model phones sometimes dont work until they patch in new informatiin in the application that runs on the phone for the scope. In any event, for me it has been a gem.

End of week four since flip, how does she look? She is a blue mystic from royal queen seeds, the last one turned out to be a polyploid, this one is looking much better, especially trichome developement at this stage. The full plant pic is a week 3 shot. I guess my real question is does the trichome developement look up to par for its age? By par I mean average, I'm not a pro like most of you just a hobbyist.
1badf8336c97b6747e7c94d57c250af0.jpg
364973dd0e07bef7fad2ab712091e95e.jpg
ddc389d628817d216c2ec2c69efb7a88.jpg
Nice job....looking great!

Looking good an frosty TM, can anyone see my pics? I can't see em
Buds look amazing and dense, but I don't see any amber on the trichomes yet. I don't think they are ready for harvest quite yet.

Hey, just a question/comment because ive NEVER tried autos. Ive heard your not supposed to top autos as well as not transplant autos. Is that not true?
I have transplanted Autos in the past from a Dixie cup as long as the root system hasn't reached the bottom or the sides yet, other than that I too have heard it's a bad idea to transplant them. Apparently it can stunt their growth because of the ruderalis gene in them for some reason. Topping autos and defoliating Autos is always a hot topic of conversation, I have defoliated mine on numerous occasions and not had a problem with different strains from different breeders. My present grow are autos, other than a present overwatering problem I'm presently having they are cruising Along on autopilot even after defoliation.

Putting the dehumidifier in the tent is a good option, just watch for any light displays, power lights on the device.you dont want a light source coming from it when your grow light is off.

Oil heater is my option too.
I use a INKBIRD temp controller for accurate heating . they're cheap.

So I got it a bit lower today with dehumidifier it's now back to 55/60% however! I sort of now know what the issue is. Air flow!

Not really inside the tent but in the room it's in. I have a few small passive vents and I do keep opening window during the day when it's not to cold. I can't really drill a 4-inch circle hole in the wall as defiantly would be noticeable lol

Any better suggestions?

I was bending down my stinking ass plant today trying to make tops and she split about a half inch at the top. She's starting to flower God note in week 3. I taped her back toghter. Think she will pull through

Back
Top Bottom