Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

You should be all good Pak . is it week 3 from switching the timer to 12/12? 1 day with a little extra light shouldn't bother them to much, just don't do it often .

On my first grow day 37 of flowering from bagseed and I've used cfls since sprout but was wondering if it would help or hurt my girl if I switched to a 250w heat bulb? Should I switch or just stick with my cfl's?
420-magazine-mobile597185551.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1097086501.jpg

Pretty plant fireman . I'm an LED user, but I'd suggest changing the spectrum of the CFLs perharps. The heat lamp would probably get too hot, and you'd need it pretty close to be effective. Changing the bulbs would make the plant a little happier tho, I'm not entirely sure of the details on which bulbs to change to but I'm sure someone will inform . I've read that a warm, sunny day is roughly equivalent to 150w per/ft2 of CfL

Pretty plant fireman . I'm an LED user, but I'd suggest changing the spectrum of the CFLs perharps. The heat lamp would probably get too hot, and you'd need it pretty close to be effective. Changing the bulbs would make the plant a little happier tho, I'm not entirely sure of the details on which bulbs to change to but I'm sure someone will inform . I've read that a warm, sunny day is roughly equivalent to 150w per/ft2 of CfL

I've got a 300w led on its way should of been here the other day then got an email it was on back order. She's the only one I'm growing at this moment and I feel the buds are a little lacking at this point. I was thinking she needs more light for more energy and better development?

You should be all good Pak . is it week 3 from switching the timer to 12/12? 1 day with a little extra light shouldn't bother them to much, just don't do it often .

Yes week 3 from switching to the 12/12 cycle. Now I changed it to 9pm to 9am before it was 1pm to 1am
Basically just doing the 12/12 from the time I got home and got to turn the lights off

Sorry I must have missed the purple leaf thing. Possibly phosphorus deficiency but also some strains will naturally purple later in flower. Can you get a photograph in natural light?

I didn't even see this till now and when my lights come back on today I will post pics in natural light !

If i adjust the ph in my gallon of water do i have to keep adjusting everytime i water... and even tho its the same water that i adjusted?

I have kind of a stupid question but I figure id rather ask and end my ignorance. Here goes: I'm interested in pursuing some kind of cheese strain. I've heard you either love them or hate them. Long time user, pretty new grower. Never had a cheese strain and wondering if anyone could advise whether it's worth checking out (are they a more complicated strain to grow, is potency worth the effort, etc.)

I have several strains that will turn purple during the last weeks of flowering. It's all natural and nothing to worry about. Even if the strain you're growing is not usually purple, there are so many phenos that can pop out of strains that will be purple. I usually take the purple ones as mothers because I kinda like that color

I didn't even see this till now and when my lights come back on today I will post pics in natural light !

no, you only have to pH it once. And then every time you fill up that container. pH won't change in the container over time

If i adjust the ph in my gallon of water do i have to keep adjusting everytime i water... and even tho its the same water that i adjusted?

I have several strains that will turn purple during the last weeks of flowering. It's all natural and nothing to worry about. Even if the strain you're growing is not usually purple, there are so many phenos that can pop out of strains that will be purple. I usually take the purple ones as mothers because I kinda like that color

The leaves on mine seem to be turning purple but I really hope it is a pheno and not a defficiency I will post natural light pics soon!!..

I have kind of a stupid question but I figure id rather ask and end my ignorance. Here goes: I'm interested in pursuing some kind of cheese strain. I've heard you either love them or hate them. Long time user, pretty new grower. Never had a cheese strain and wondering if anyone could advise whether it's worth checking out (are they a more complicated strain to grow, is potency worth the effort, etc.)
In my opinion it's aleays worth the effort. First of all, if the grow works out well and you'll get a nice cheese strain then hey! It's worth it! And if you mess up the plant then you learn from that and just start over. You can always try and if you don't like the strain, then try some other, if you really hate to grow then just find an easy to grow cheese strain so you only have to water her or something. It's always worth trying!

Hey said,
I have a question. Was having mold issue after all this humidity so I decided to use milk and water which I never used before the next day my girls are wilting and curling what can I do to save my girls if there is anything I can do

Hi everyone. I'd just like a few opinions on trimming lower fan leaves if they are sitting in the soil. Do you guys trim any lower fan leaves that may sit in the soil or do you leave them on the plant? I usually remove any foliage that is touching the soil to avoid mould/fungus issues and to create more airflow beneath the plant but I know many people refuse to trim any leaves even if touching the soil. So basically do you guys recommend removing any lower fan leaves that are coming into contact with the soil in the pot or do you just leave them be? I'm worried about attracting any fungus or mould by leaving them on the plant? Thanks in advance.... Kush.

Back
Top Bottom