Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Can an oscillating fan cause 'wind burn' to young fresh growth like new growth shoot tips? If it's pointing directly at the growth or too strong can this mechanical air burn plants leaves and new growth shoots in particular?

Does anyone have any experience with a plants leafs turning yellow/gold. Mine started about a week or two ago but now it seems they are all turning but the plant is growing fine. Is this just normal for some strains? I have not been pushing her limits with nutes and I even tried flushing but now im wondering if she is just gonna keep changing until shes all golden......strain is dream machine by heavyweight seeds
420-magazine-mobile1702005397.jpg

I'm not sure. It could be potassium deficiency as it's effecting the tips and edges of the leaves but I'd get some more opinions. Cannabis raises its potassium intake during flower so it's possible. The colouring of the yellowed areas is leaving me a little unsure though. How's your ph?

Something appears to have attacked two of my Master Kush branch shoots overnight, one looks dead and they were fine yesterday. Their fan leaves were bashing off them in the strong wind so maybe that caused it but unlikely a plant can wound itself with its own leaves. A grower friend of mine suggested early signs of K deficiency because of the scorched look on edges of leaves but the damage is localised to two shoots who's branches are in the same place on the plant so my money is on a bug attack but I'd love some opinions. I'm worried as I'm 10 days into flower now so problems have to be fixed quickly. Any opinions are welcomed appreciated. Kush

420-magazine-mobile178575386.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1529110711.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1548332122.jpg

420-magazine-mobile323215585.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1406143894.jpg
Hey kush busdy i had the same on one of mine in the fist few days of flower and i just left it with all the stretch going on it grew out of it quite fast just a bit mangled lol ... mine was caused by a fan blowing right at the top but not ocilatin .I will be home in about a hour and il look for that spot and send you a pic of how it turned out after stretch

. From Africa

Hey kush busdy i had the same on one of mine in the fist few days of flower and i just left it with all the stretch going on it grew out of it quite fast just a bit mangled lol ... mine was caused by a fan blowing right at the top but not ocilatin .I will be home in about a hour and il look for that spot and send you a pic of how it turned out after stretch

. From Africa

Thank you that's a relief to hear and I think the fan is the cause of the issue as it stopped oscillating last night and I woke up to it pointing almost directly at the plant in question. The fact it's happened to you and worked out fine after stretch has really helped put my mind at rest. Appreciated mate ..

. From Africa

So the fan shouldn't be allowed to point directly at the plant unless oscillating? Indirect air better than direct air I'm guessing? Totally makes sense now, fortunately I've fixed the ocillating button into place so this won't happen again. I'm really grateful you answered it all makes sense now .

Good morning All!

Reading up on light schedules, never ending amounts of info, and ran into an interesting one.. GLR (Gas Lantern Routine 12 on 512/off 1 on 51/2 off) during veg! Would appreciate any thoughts, experiences, advice!

Thank you!

I think ill water tonight

Did she perk up after the watering? If she's regularly limp like that from underwatering just water a little more frequently. Underwatering can be dangerous for the plant and in extreme cases of underwarering some plants will die. Fortunately you spotted the issue. Has she recovered now though I'm curious?

Can't believe I've been growing for nearly 20 years and I only just learnt an oscillating fan pointing at your plants can burn the shit outta new growth. I thank the weed gods for this app!!!

So the fan shouldn't be allowed to point directly at the plant unless oscillating? Indirect air better than direct air I'm guessing? Totally makes sense now, fortunately I've fixed the ocillating button into place so this won't happen again. I'm really grateful you answered it all makes sense now .
No probs KG ...From what i have read the fan should be able to ratle your leaves a little like a lite breeze but not blow a leaf that it stays bent .... if that makes sense lol .... like it should not be putting constant wind force on that leaf .Cant remember who but someone on 420 once told me to rather have your fan blow directly on the wall or tent surface so it bounces off the wall and creates movement in you conopy or leaves

. from africa

Good day all

I had a bit of a issue last night my timer got stuck and my girls were on lights on for 24 hours at 4 weeks of flower ...What do you think are my chances of them going Hermi on me ? So So sad that happened ...Any advice from some one this has happened to please

. From Africa

420-magazine-mobile850915458.jpg
Any one have some input on this for me .... stressing so much about this lol

Hey Kg so i spent about 30 min looking for that top but it seems the plant fully corrected it self cuase i cant for the life of me find it anywhere...here are a few pics and so far no ill effects after the 24 hours lights on yesterday

420-magazine-mobile635281109.jpg

420-magazine-mobile672966723.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2097440398.jpg

Did she perk up after the watering? If she's regularly limp like that from underwatering just water a little more frequently. Underwatering can be dangerous for the plant and in extreme cases of underwarering some plants will die. Fortunately you spotted the issue. Has she recovered now though I'm curious?
Yes she perked up, this morning I used a foiler spray at the end of lights on. I'll post a pic tonight.

Hey Canno, what about iron deficiency? When I read about it in Jorge s book, it says that it starts with yellowing of the leaves at the base rather than the tips, yours are starting around the middle of the leaves so potentially some sort of a morph?
420-magazine-mobile1766622126.jpg

Hey Canno, what about iron deficiency? When I read about it in Jorge s book, it says that it starts with yellowing of the leaves at the base rather than the tips, yours are starting around the middle of the leaves so potentially some sort of a morph?
420-magazine-mobile1766622126.jpg
Sorry, wasn't quite at the end.... Didn't see that you had figured it out LOL.

Does anyone have any experience with a plants leafs turning yellow/gold. Mine started about a week or two ago but now it seems they are all turning but the plant is growing fine. Is this just normal for some strains? I have not been pushing her limits with nutes and I even tried flushing but now im wondering if she is just gonna keep changing until shes all golden......strain is dream machine by heavyweight seeds
420-magazine-mobile1702005397.jpg
Looks a little like light burn... Is it affecting the lower leaves at all? What's your light wattage and distance from the canopy?

Quick question... I have this white widow auto. 6 weeks from seed. I topped it at day 15 and it started making pistils at day 16.. so about 26 days flowering. I'm using fox farms ocean forest soil in 3gal plastic pots. I pH my water to 6.4-6.5 every time. I've only given fox farms big bloom at about 1/2 strength a couple times. My temps stay between 78°-84°F and Rh has been 50-55%. It started looking like this about 3 days ago.. it hasn't really gotten any worse, but I can't figure out why or how to stop it.
420-magazine-mobile57205555.jpg
420-magazine-mobile897092638.jpg
420-magazine-mobile99231009.jpg
any thoughts?
Looks hungry to me... Try a full dose of nutes every other watering...

Hey Kg so i spent about 30 min looking for that top but it seems the plant fully corrected it self cuase i cant for the life of me find it anywhere...here are a few pics and so far no ill effects after the 24 hours lights on yesterday

420-magazine-mobile635281109.jpg

420-magazine-mobile672966723.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2097440398.jpg

Looks lovely mate. Cracking plants. I've now redirected my oscillating fan and made sure the same issue doesn't happen again. She's ten days into flower so I just hope I've not fried those 2 branch shoots so much they don't recover and form colas (god forbid). Can't thank you enough for chipping in though ..

Need you advise guys...

I am fighting for space really bad now. I have nowhere else to grow my King Tut but outside and the weather and temp is a lot different and colder than my tent.

My cheese plant is squished in a corner of the tent..she is a big bushy plant and the leaves along the edge are getting squat against the wall and getting no light and those bud sites are dying off because if it. Cheese is a photoperiod not autofkower.

My king tut is very close to harvest and I'm about ready to throw her out and cut my losses for gains with the cheese plant.

As my 1st grow I had no idea it would take up this much room.

The cheese plant is covering the buds in King Tut.. the branches of both plants are getting tangled up in each other.

Would it be worth my while to cut the king tut down now and use that extra space for the photo cheese?

Here are some shots so help

420-magazine-mobile490051245.jpg

420-magazine-mobile189096570.jpg

420-magazine-mobile970290670.jpg

420-magazine-mobile113216369.jpg

420-magazine-mobile212049111.jpg

I have all the patience in the world but I just don't want to lose out on what cheese can pull off. I don't have a way to check trichromes of the plant..lota of red hairs going through..buds are not big where she is not complete..still filling out I think...not a whole lot of bid growth happening...seemes to have stopped the past 2 weeks.

King tut is currently week 8 of flower and is 90 days old

Here are a couple shots if the lower branches getting no help by being pushed in a corner of the tent..and I been rotating her to help her but it's not helping...

420-magazine-mobile463196235.jpg

420-magazine-mobile258296460.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1381295351.jpg

Here is a shot of cheese all alone in the tent. So much room. I have no idea how 2 plants are in there

420-magazine-mobile222577736.jpg

Again if I have to cut my losses then so be it..my focus is on the photoperiod plant now. She was supposes to be autoflower but turned out not to be so it screwed tjings up for my plans.

No probs KG ...From what i have read the fan should be able to ratle your leaves a little like a lite breeze but not blow a leaf that it stays bent .... if that makes sense lol .... like it should not be putting constant wind force on that leaf .Cant remember who but someone on 420 once told me to rather have your fan blow directly on the wall or tent surface so it bounces off the wall and creates movement in you conopy or leaves

. from africa

Yeah that's exactly what I've done it's now bouncing off the wall from a greater height rather than direct. I'm a bit annoyed at myself for letting it happen but hopefully no massive amount of harm done. Not sure why it stopped turning as it's worked perfectly since I readjusted it. Probably my own error knocking a button or something. Lol

Back
Top Bottom