At It Again - Grow #2 - AK 47 / Big Bang Hydro Grow in Waterfarm - LED Lighting

I think 3.5 days is plenty for flush. I know some folks say "1 week minimum" and some say they never flush. I like 3-5 days. I've never had negative feedback, and those that DO smoke it, I've asked for a smoke report and it's always white ash.

I think 3.5 days is plenty for flush. I know some folks say "1 week minimum" and some say they never flush. I like 3-5 days. I've never had negative feedback, and those that DO smoke it, I've asked for a smoke report and it's always white ash.

Nice! I feel more at ease now. I've read TheCapn Q & A on flushing and he doesn't do more then 3 days either. With PC's flush her ppm was at about 30 PPM after 3 days. She's now been flushing for a whole week and i've changed the reservoir water 3 times and the PPM is not going below 30 so I should be good to go :)

thanks All:cheesygrinsmiley: I love that username, I'm all about the smiles, too :high-five:

Thanks for your reply RE the light. I should have read (or at least looked at) every page but I skipped ahead and missed the light,

I'll check it out & try to catch up :cheesygrinsmiley: . :peace:

Thanks trichomes. :)

What's up with that man? I only have 8 pages. :) JK...I understand. Went to check out your Fluxy Lady journal and holy shit balls man. 365 pages:whoa: I'm gonna need some time. Maybe a year at one page per day. :laughtwo: I really like how you train them plants.:thumb:

I finally got to get down and dirty with the ladies:) I stayed up pretty late last night harvesting and washing my buds! PC's buds aren't that big but they are all rock hard. AKs buds are bigger but not as hard. They are nice and dense though.

IMG_43086.JPG
IMG_43202.JPG
IMG_43186.JPG
IMG_43194.JPG

Since the tent is not being used at the moment I'm using the scrog net to dry the buds before curing. The humidity is at 60% and temp is 68F in the tent with no lights.
IMG_43274.JPG
IMG_43282.JPG

I think there is some truth to stressing a plant and it coming back with a vengance. Below is a pick of AKs knot where I accidentally super cropped her at the base of the stem. She just came back super bushy and new branches just sprouted out of that knot which prevented me from cleaning below the net. It is just compacted with immature buds.
IMG_43243.JPG
IMG_43261.JPG

Those buds got a good washing also and i'll throw them in with the trim to make some cannabutter.

Now the not so fun part. I get to spend this morning cleaning and sanitizing the waterfarms.
IMG_43214.JPG

Next update I will have the buds all cleaned, weighed, and jarred for the curing process.

:):peace:

Trimmed up my girls yesterday morning.
IMG_192715.JPG

:slide:

I cleaned up the mess and it appears this is not a sinsemilla grow. One of my girls hermed on me. :yikes: I found 2 seeds on the floor. I then found one more seed in the tent where the girls are hanging. It was underneath PC but who knows if its from her or AK.
IMG_192613.jpg

I inspected all my buds and don't see any signs of seeds. I'm hoping its just from one of the lower fluffy, undeveloped buds and the pollen didn't spread above. It's looking that way anyway. Sucks but oh well.

So would these seeds be feminized or guaranteed to herm? I will find out. They are either another PC, AK, or a combo of both. These will be good test seeds for me in soil as my soil growing has gone down the tubes. The 2 autos I put in soil are doing the same thing as PC and AK when they started in soil. Growth has come to a stand still and lower leaves are dying off. I'm watering them with RO water which ph was at 6.8. I was really looking forward to these autos. Maybe my soil is bad. I'm using the same soil I used for my first grow. Think I'll pick up some Ocean Forest as I love growing in both mediums and won't give up on soil.

:) :peace:

They are done, and done very well! :high-five: Happy Harvest! So stoked for you! Trich's journal is a beast, but worth the read......like War & Peace, haha!
I'm still at the beginning....you know, like a hundred pages in...:rofl:

:rofl: Thanks CS.

Congratulate on harvest,buds looks great.Nice seeds too,it will be fun to grow them and discover from what plant are they:goodjob:

Thanks gh. I agree man. It will be a lot of fun to grow.

Congrats, they look great :high-five: nice trimming! Don't worry about the seeds. A few seeds isn't a hermie, just a little self love going on. They should be fem, and you can grow them. They tend to be viewed as a slight bit more of a roll-of-the-dice, over a purchased genetic....but that's part of the beauty of seed. :Namaste::peace: Gotta love soil. :)

"Self Love" :rofl: I love it.

I'm gonna get my soil back on track. Those autos are done. Gonna toss them out. They aren't even an inch tall. The THC Bomb is already showing pistils. I did find out why they are struggling. I just measured ph on the run off of 6.8 water going in and it was at 8.1. It's all my fault. I thought soil would just take care of itself but not so in this case.

Here are the autos. Flash Babylon on left and THC Bomb on right. They are close to 30 days LOL. Pitiful.
IMG_193015.JPG

On a more happier note my NL x5 Haze is doing great in the Tupperware bubbler. She is 14 days since breaking surface. She will be ready for the waterfarm soon.
IMG_193212.jpg
IMG_193111.jpg

Jack Flash 5 never germed. I have a White Widow in paper towel now to use in my other waterfarm. Going to have a journal for these girls up in a couple weeks. :)

Back
Top Bottom