At It Again - Grow #2 - AK 47 / Big Bang Hydro Grow in Waterfarm - LED Lighting

We are now at Day 54 of flower (counting from flip to 12/12). AK looks like she could go another few weeks. New pistols keep coming out of her. I'm gonna let her go. I've started PC on the ripening nutrient schedule of GH. So one week of dry koolbloom and then a week of flush and harvest time.:slide: That would put her right at around 70 days of flowering.

I've noticed that PC's leaves are bending down at the tips. Is this normal when they are toward the end of flowering? Not sure why they would do this as nothing has changed in the environment. I'm thinking its nothing to worry about. It's towards the end anyway.

IMG_41726.JPG
IMG_41763.JPG
IMG_41825.JPG
IMG_41833.JPG
IMG_41812.JPG
IMG_41795.JPG
IMG_41893.JPG
IMG_42032.jpg
IMG_41976.JPG
IMG_42118.jpg
IMG_42065.jpg
IMG_41964.JPG
IMG_41904.JPG
IMG_41954.JPG

I may add another week to PC pending on the trichomes.:peace:

Nice update AS. I wouldn't be concerned about the slight turn down on the leaf tips. The leaves still look healthy and even if they all started to fall off tomorrow (they won't...lol), you'd still be o.k. on the PC. She doesn't look ready (as you've stated), but defo closer than the AK.

Everything looks really good man. Not sure what your projected time frame looks like, nor what your finishing strategy is, but you will want to start to consider flushing relatively soon (at least on the PC), if you flush. I flushed Paka for 3 days and Lolo for 6. They're so different I can't tell if the extra days of flush made any positive difference for Lolo, but it certainly didn't hurt her froots either. :)

:laughtwo:I hope they don't all fall off tomorrow. I didn't think it was anything to be too concerned about. Especially at this stage.

My plan on PC is to feed her for the next 9 days and then start the flush a week from Sunday. I'm gonna flush her with florakleen for a couple hours the first day and then replace it with RO water. Then replace the RO water every couple days for a week and harvest.

Let 'em ride brother, they are looking fat and lush :high-five: Super sticky layer of frost and superb health. Reps+ and congrats! :bravo:

Don't know where my head was at. :tokin: I forgot to thank you bro. Lookout because a ton of reps are coming your way for that grow you got going on. Simply beautiful man.

Don't know where my head was at. :tokin: I forgot to thank you bro. Lookout because a ton of reps are coming your way for that grow you got going on. Simply beautiful man.

No worries, and Thanks AS, I was just catching up on your latest. :high-five: Great to have you along brother.
Your girls are looking amazeballs! Can't wait to hear of your impressions when you test them out :passitleft:

Update on the Autos 12 days later from the last pic. They definitely grow slower then regular seeds and don't stretch very much off the bat like my other seeds . Its like the leaf growth has started from the soil. THC Bomb on the Left is twice as big as Flash Babylon. FBs tap root breaking in half during germination has slowed her down. She also started off with 2 sets of single leaf nodes (excluding cotyledons). Normally I see the first set is single leaf and the next set is 3 leafed. She looks healthy otherwise.

IMG_18798.JPG

I also germed 2 feminized seeds this past Sunday in paper towels that have been transplanted into their rockwool cubes. They are Jack Flash #5 and Northern Lights #5 x Haze from Sensi Seeds. The will go into the waterfarms after AK and PC are done.
IMG_187512.jpg
IMG_187610.jpg

I'll get a separate grow journal going for these 4 gals.

Quick update on AK. I noticed a few days ago her very top fan leaves on some of the bud sites were showing signs of deficiency. :thedoubletake: All The other leaves are fine so of coursed I googled the problem. Looks like a calcium deficiency. I picked up some CaliMagic and am using that mixed into ro water to top the farms now. I think switching them to using RO water for top offs has caused this. PC is not showing signs of deficiency at all. I've been using calimagic for the last 2 days now and the leaves are not getting any worse. :) I'll post pics with my update on Thursday.

I ran florakleen with RO water for PC last night and switched it out with RO water this morning. The water with florakleen was 30ppm when it went in last night. This morning it was 260 ppm when I drained the reservoir. The RO water going in this morning was 15 ppm. Going to keep an eye on ppms to see how much is being flushed out.

PC has not fattened up much this past week. Her trichomes are ~95% cloudy. There are ambers here and there but probably not even 1%.

AK calyxes are fattening up nicely. Her trichomes are ~50% cloudy and %50% clear. I have switched over to using Dry Koolbloom and dropped to 1/3 strength nutrients (750ppm). She was at 50% but the ppms didn't lower much the entire week so I decided to lower it. PC and AK never went over 50%(900 ppm) of GH recommendations the entire grow.

IMG_42627.JPG
IMG_42515.jpg
IMG_42221.JPG
IMG_42183.JPG
IMG_42135.JPG
IMG_42276.JPG
IMG_42315.JPG
IMG_42335.JPG

AK started to have signs of calcium deficiency on her upper fan leaves. I've added Calimagic to her diet which has stopped it from getting worse.
photo637.JPG

:) :peace:

They are looking really good AS. The trichome density and overall production it top-notch man. From looking at your macro trichome pics (which are outstanding btw) your PC looks like mine did when I harvested, which was why, in hindsight, I wished I'd have let mine go another 5-7 days. They were ripe, but they could have been better were it not for me...lol. PC is supposed to go amber a bit for maximum genetic effect, but even if the % of amber remain low, I'd let it go until the very first negative sign on your produce. Leaves change color sometimes, so what, but as long as the flowers and their resin continue to improve that's all that matters.

Hey Gov. Thanks my friend. I can't believe how frosty these girls are. I really wish I knew what it was from. The red ufo, flora +, or maybe its the strains. All I know is I'm not changing my nutrient lineup if all my grows keep layering trichs like this. :) I'm really digging the GH lineup.

Thanks for the advice on PC. I was going to chop her down next week but now I will check out the trichs again. If I see 5 to 10% amber trichs I'll chop her down. If not I'll just keep flushing and let her go until the stems turn yellow. :laughtwo: Though I don't know how much longer I can resist.

Hi allsmiles you have nice AK,if you want that AK shooting deadly bullets leave it week or two more.I chopped mine earlier and made mistake,smoked everything but wish it was harder.I can see that almost all your pistils have changed colour,she is ready for harvest soon.Just watch trichomes now and pick it when you think it's time.
I ran florakleen with RO water for PC last night and switched it out with RO water this morning. The water with florakleen was 30ppm when it went in last night. This morning it was 260 ppm when I drained the reservoir. The RO water going in this morning was 15 ppm. Going to keep an eye on ppms to see how much is being flushed out.

PC has not fattened up much this past week. Her trichomes are ~95% cloudy. There are ambers here and there but probably not even 1%.

AK calyxes are fattening up nicely. Her trichomes are ~50% cloudy and %50% clear. I have switched over to using Dry Koolbloom and dropped to 1/3 strength nutrients (750ppm). She was at 50% but the ppms didn't lower much the entire week so I decided to lower it. PC and AK never went over 50%(900 ppm) of GH recommendations the entire grow.

IMG_42627.JPG
IMG_42515.jpg
IMG_42221.JPG
IMG_42183.JPG
IMG_42135.JPG
IMG_42276.JPG
IMG_42315.JPG
IMG_42335.JPG

AK started to have signs of calcium deficiency on her upper fan leaves. I've added Calimagic to her diet which has stopped it from getting worse.
photo637.JPG

lol...believe me, I understand.
:helpsmilie: It's getting tougher by the day. Someone slap a straitjacket on me. :laughtwo:
Hi allsmiles you have nice AK,if you want that AK shooting deadly bullets leave it week or two more.I chopped mine earlier and made mistake,smoked everything but wish it was harder.I can see that almost all your pistils have changed colour,she is ready for harvest soon.Just watch trichomes now and pick it when you think it's time.
Hi guerillahaze! Thanks for stopping by. I'm really liking this AK. I'm thinking of taking a clone from her before chopping. I want the deadliest bullets she can give me :) I will do my best not to rush her. I appreciate the comments.:thanks:

You can definitely take clones no mater how long is she in flowering.Growers usualy don't do that because it can become hermie when reveging.I have tooked my ssh clones in 4 week of flowering and she is fine.
:helpsmilie: It's getting tougher by the day. Someone slap a straitjacket on me. :laughtwo:

Hi guerillahaze! Thanks for stopping by. I'm really liking this AK. I'm thinking of taking a clone from her before chopping. I want the deadliest bullets she can give me :) I will do my best not to rush her. I appreciate the comments.:thanks:

You can definitely take clones no mater how long is she in flowering.Growers usualy don't do that because it can become hermie when reveging.I have tooked my ssh clones in 4 week of flowering and she is fine.

I will give it a go. I see some good candidates for the clones below the scrog net but can't reach them since there is only 4" of room. Wish this tent opened on all 4 sides or at least 3. I'll find a way to get my hands on them.

You've got this. :thumb:
Great job on reading those trichs, and getting right on that Ca defic. For the frost, genetics are a huge part of it. LED lighting, is often also very frost friendly. Nutrients are a lesser part, from my experience so far.
I love looking at your ladies, they are as fine as can be! :circle-of-love:

Thanks CS for clearing that up some and for the compliments! I'm definitely not changing them lights anytime soon now. If these LEDs are true to there billing of 50k + hours then I have years of enjoyment left on them :) Though I may go hybrid like someone I know that grows huge, frosty, dense, dank buds. :hmmmm:Wonder who that could be.:rofl:

Thanks Stealth. I can't believe these girls survived at the beginning and now they are close to rewarding me with some quality smoke.

I'm pretty sure I locked them out of nutrients at the beginning. I just got a new ph meter and really didn't get a feel for it. When the meter is used in a nutrient solution it is pretty fast to get a reading. When you use it in plain water you have to shake it 4 or 5 times until it stops fluctuating to get a true reading. Kind of a pain in the ass. So I probably put some pretty acidic water in them at the beginning by putting to much ph down. It's all good now :)

Looks like PC is on schedule for harvest this Sunday. She has ripened up real nicely. Her fan leaves are really curling and starting to yellow up and feel kind of crispy. Not sure what the crispiness is all about. There are probably ~5% tan trichomes.

AK has really ripened up quick. She went from no tan to ~5% tan in just this past week. She appears to have some clear trichomes there unlike PC which there are practically none. She has also fattened up some. I just started her with RO and Florakleen flush this morning. I may harvest her with PC on Sunday with this rapid rate of tans popping up.

IMG_42655.JPG
IMG_42803.JPG
IMG_42831.JPG
IMG_42792.JPG
IMG_42822.JPG
IMG_42912.JPG
IMG_42961.JPG
IMG_42925.JPG
IMG_42983.JPG
IMG_42943.JPG

I don't think I'm rushing AK. I hope 3 1/2 days of flush is enough since this is hydro.

Very good job AS. Happy times in the Allsmiles house this weekend! Your ladies look excellent. I would take them down too after a couple days of flush.

+reps for patience bro. ;)

Back
Top Bottom