6th Grow AK 47 & Sour G Clones

BTzGrow

I have been gifted 4 clones from @InTheShed and met with him yesterday to pick them up. There are 3 AK-47 and a single Sour G

A quick before picture
These clones have been in a Cloninator for quite a while waiting for a new home.

AK-47 is a Sativia Dominant Hybrid based on a mix of Colombian, Mexican, Thai, and Afghani varieties. The Afghani being the Indica part.

Sour Grape? I think this will also be a Sativa Dominant Hybrid.

This is an indoor grow.
It will be using a Hempy Bucket technique.
Lighting will be primarily Perfect Sun Mini's. They draw 110watts each.
Initially will only use a single light during the first 2-3 weeks of veg.
Light cycle of 24hrs for veg. Considering a 14/10 cycle for Flowering.
Still need to calculate Daily Light Integral (DLI) to maximize growth.

Growing media will be 100% Perlite
I might be using MegaCrop for this grow. I have a couple of packages of freebies that I paid shipping on.
Since Hempy is a passive hydro tech the intended pH is 5.75.
I manage temp and humility with ventilation and a small dehumidifier.
I will be using Dollar Store Waste Paper Baskets.
A 1/2inch hole placed 2inches above the bottom of bucket for pour to waste.
I have placed the clones directly into the perlite mix. They had significant roots systems already formed so there was no need for Root Riots.
Initial Nutrient mix will be Clonex Cloning Solution for the first 7-10 days or until a second node set.

Training: I plan to top the plants twice. First after the 4th node and a second time after the 4th node branches 2nd nodes.
Training intent is to have 6 branches resulting from the 3 & 4th nodes.
LST will be used to separate the branches equally away from the center towards the edge of the bucket.
Defoliation will be limited to pruning the undergrowth and any tertiary branches that sprout to improve air flow and reduce energy used by that growth Otherwise will allow plants to disgard any fans it not longer needs.
My plan is to veg for 8 to 10 weeks.

A second picture after the up-potting.
This is in the smaller veg tent so it's a bit crowded in the moment with only a single drip tray.

Excellent. I wasn't remembering that exactly from when you told me yesterday and tried to find Sour G and came up with
Sour Grape. Good to know. It still looks like it's somewhat of a Sativa Dom from what I can tell. This grow will balance out my other current grow of Gold Leaf which is a bit more Indica Dom.

They were waiting to be adopted!
Found a great home with a great guy too!
I didn’t know this was a member breed in the sour g! Now I have two strains from members of this forum! Damn that’s cool!
I guess you do too technically Shed :p

I like the idea of reaching out and getting to personally know some of my contacts on this forum. I would really like to see if we could perhaps collaborate with our seed buying. Work on a seed trading idea that would create a little more opportunity to try different strains. We could even get together and do some taste testing with eats.

Spent a little time with these clones this afternoon. Baskets were very light showing they needed watering. I have previously been pouring abut 250ml straight down from the stem into the roots. Today I poured about 350ml around the plants out towards the sides of the baskets and a little directly down the stem. When I started the baskets they had full reservoirs. I need to go get some more drinking water from the store at this point.

That brings up an interesting subject. I was using filtered tap water for the last year. However I suspected and discovered that my previous TDS PPM meter wasn't accurate at all. Bought a new on and the filter tap water is about 500ppm by itself and we have know idea what it's made of. So I have decided to use bottled drinking water. At $0.89 per gallon and a gallon should last a couple of watering it seems a better alternative.

I have checked one of the parking lot drinking water dispensers and the PPM on the one I tested had almost a 600 ppm reading. I'm going to try a couple more locations and companies and see if any of them use RO. At this point I'm doubting it. $0.25 per gallon seemed a lot better, but not with that level of PPM. At least I'm growing Hempy which used much less water for each watering. My last grow was 5plants and only used about a gallon each time. Interesting, but I feel the Gold Leafs in the larger tent with 2gallon buckets will require more.

I like the idea of reaching out and getting to personally know some of my contacts on this forum. I would really like to see if we could perhaps collaborate with our seed buying. Work on a seed trading idea that would create a little more opportunity to try different strains. We could even get together and do some taste testing with eats.
Yeah Im game BT! Ive been looking at Chem '91 from CSI Humboldt as lots of folks are talking about it with Pennywise being one of the biggest pushers lol!
Its like $120 for 7 fems.

Edit: posted too fast!
Re the vending machine RO dispensers. Ive used those in the past. Got myself two 5 gallon jugs from wal mart and still have them. The ppm was close to zero though when I was using that water. I use an RO filter but It wastes alot of water. I use the waste water for my 27 gallon humidifier and for my non-420 plants. Filter was about 100 bucks give or take. I get tired recommending expensive solution though so maybe someone else can help.

I know everyone's tap water is different but speaking of Penny, he often writes that he stopped using RO water went back to tap and his plants are better for it. I use tap with no problems. It's about 220 PPM and pH ranges from 7.2-8.0.
my tap is in the same ballpark as yours Shed, but Im trying to build the microbial herd in the soil and sometimes tap water can kill that off I believe. Im brain washed though so dont mind me!
Mostly, Im surprised to hear the ppm's are that high in SD.

The water report from San Diego Water says one thing, however I'm sure that number is measured at their point of control.

I was semi-surprised from the parking lot water vendor, then again I have always felt they could be a scam. I have three other locations I want to test and just haven't gotten out there.

In the end. @FelipeBlu and I both agree that the levels I'm measuring are way to high with no actual knowledge of what nutrient levels are really. If I knew that I could adjust my nutrients I'm adding perhaps.

In the end, I could say that my previous grows didn't seem to have any real issues. There were some indications of nutrient issues but not out of control. FelipeBlu and I did talk about installing an RO system here at the house, but the cost of the equipment and then the waste of many gallons to get one good one out just didn't figure into my equation. I don't like to waste money, if there are other alternatives. We do have a place down the street from me called "The Water Store" I need to check on their prices and see about testing their product.

No big deal, I will get control of this. FelipeBlu and I just figured if we have a known PPM level especially low it is much more controllable with the end result going into the plant. I might be all wrapped up about nothing, but nutrients are what we feed our plants. If we don't know the levels it can cause problems we end up chasing.

The water report from San Diego Water says one thing, however I'm sure that number is measured at their point of control.

I was semi-surprised from the parking lot water vendor, then again I have always felt they could be a scam. I have three other locations I want to test and just haven't gotten out there.

In the end. @FelipeBlu and I both agree that the levels I'm measuring are way to high with no actual knowledge of what nutrient levels are really. If I knew that I could adjust my nutrients I'm adding perhaps.

In the end, I could say that my previous grows didn't seem to have any real issues. There were some indications of nutrient issues but not out of control. FelipeBlu and I did talk about installing an RO system here at the house, but the cost of the equipment and then the waste of many gallons to get one good one out just didn't figure into my equation. I don't like to waste money, if there are other alternatives. We do have a place down the street from me called "The Water Store" I need to check on their prices and see about testing their product.

No big deal, I will get control of this. FelipeBlu and I just figured if we have a known PPM level especially low it is much more controllable with the end result going into the plant. I might be all wrapped up about nothing, but nutrients are what we feed our plants. If we don't know the levels it can cause problems we end up chasing.
Nah you and Felipe are right, to my way of thinking, that you gotta know whats going in. Shed's water at 200 something ppm is pretty good. My water up here is closer to 300 ppm or more.
Someone will probably mention that a water report can be obtained from the water company but reading the damn report makes me feel like I didnt study hard enough in school. Its bad when a piece of paper kicks your ass lol

I just remeasured all three sources of water here at my home. It changes apparently, however not enough to make me happy.

I have the Faucet Water at 315PPM and a Ph of 6.5
The Filtered Water coming out of the supply to the Kitchen Faucet is a whopping 591 with a Ph of 6.25. This is what I have been using.
Interesting the Refrigerator Water is at 280 PPM with a Ph of 6.48

I do have a place about 2miles down the road from me called The Water Store. They have RO at under 10ppm with a Ph close to 6.5 they say at $0.50 a gallon.

I'm still going to take some samples at the local grocery store dispensers and see where they read. If they are really low under 30ppm and less the 50cents that would be my direction.

The 1gallon bottles I have gotten from Smart & Final read about 30ppm and are 89cents.

There are solutions. Considering I will be using less than 3gallons per week during flowering that will be something I figure will be cheaper than buying an RO system for the house. Latest research I have found says really good RO systems flush 5 or more gallons per one gallon of RO Water received. That's a lot of waste.

I just remeasured all three sources of water here at my home. It changes apparently, however not enough to make me happy.

I have the Faucet Water at 315PPM and a Ph of 6.5
The Filtered Water coming out of the supply to the Kitchen Faucet is a whopping 591 with a Ph of 6.25. This is what I have been using.
Interesting the Refrigerator Water is at 280 PPM with a Ph of 6.48

I do have a place about 2miles down the road from me called The Water Store. They have RO at under 10ppm with a Ph close to 6.5 they say at $0.50 a gallon.

I'm still going to take some samples at the local grocery store dispensers and see where they read. If they are really low under 30ppm and less the 50cents that would be my direction.

The 1gallon bottles I have gotten from Smart & Final read about 30ppm and are 89cents.

There are solutions. Considering I will be using less than 3gallons per week during flowering that will be something I figure will be cheaper than buying an RO system for the house. Latest research I have found says really good RO systems flush 5 or more gallons per one gallon of RO Water received. That's a lot of waste.
When I was researching RO systems I found you could go cheap like I did and waste water at about a rate of 1:5
The more expensive ro systems out there supposedly can get down to around 1:3

Back
Top Bottom