At It Again - Grow #2 - AK 47 / Big Bang Hydro Grow in Waterfarm - LED Lighting

Hi Winnie,

I don't think you need 2 LEDs. There are many great journals here of people using Mars II by itself with great results. When I first made the investment to start growing late last year I decided to go with G8Led. They sell a veg light and a veg/flower light. If you bought just the veg light you needed to add there red ufo for flowering. I bought the veg/flower light and the red ufo light for flowering. I only added the red ufo led in this grow because it was not being used. I have 2 tents and eventually want to start veg to flower in each tent but stagger it so I have a constant flow of herbs. G8LED combo in one tent and Mars in the other. I'm shamed to say one tent is sitting there with nothing in it. I'm sure there are growers that want to smack me in the head right now. I'm a slacker. I'll have them both dialed in soon.

As for how useful the 2nd LED is I'm not too sure. It's a pure red LED which I've read is good for flowering. It definitely should not be used for Veg. I've been getting some pretty good results so I'm happy. It's not necessary with the Mars II though IMO. With whatever LED you choose one LED should be fine. Just do some due diligence to make sure it's built for Veg and Flower. Many great LED journals here of all different makes. IMO the Mars II is best value to price ratio at this time.

I'm not technical when it comes to the light spectrum so maybe someone else can chime in if you have other questions. Hope this helped some.

:peace:

Thank you for that information it was exactly what I needed bro. Glad to see you having such great success with the Mars II so many skeptics out there on LED's but I can see its gonna be the elite lighting system here soon. I'm guessing you got the standard spectrum (full spectrum) on your Mars? Last but not least Idk if I missed it but I was curious into what type of ventilation system you have running through your tent, & how noticeable is the smell with your setup. Thanks in advance (Sorry for being such a noob) But I'll never know if I don't ask lol

Winnie :thanks:

No worries Winnie.

Yeah, I got the full spectrum. I'm lovin it. For ventilation all I have is a 6 inch inline fan connected to a carbon filter to suck in air from the tent and blow it out the tent. Some have a fan to blow in air but I don't. There are vents in the bottom that allow air to come in. When the fan is running you can really see the tent tuck in like when I tuck in my gut in front of the ladies. :) I also crack the window in the basement to allow fresh air in the room.

The carbon filter takes out all of the smell. I don't see how you can grow without one. I forgot to zip up my tent for an hour once and my entire basement smelled skunky and cheesy. Especially with the 2 strains I'm growing now. They put out a strong smell. It probably depends on the strain too though. My first grow did not put out such a strong smell. It was actually very fragrant with piney and musky smell. Probably could have got away with no carbon filter on that strain.

Here is a view of my tent from an earlier post. You can see the inline fan and carbon filter up top.
IMG_31334.jpg

What a difference between Day 1 and 40.

All smiles, how you liking the vape?
:thumb:I'm lovin it Craw. It is just so smooth and clean tasting. The quality of the vape is great especially at your recommended 370 setting. I don't get that burn taste I get with my magic flight after the first couple hits with it. The magic flight is ready to use almost immediately after you engage the battery so it probably runs at a really high temp. I can definitely feel the difference in my lungs too. My only issue with the Q is it knocks me out man. You and Gov got me dialed in on how to use it now I need to dial in on how much I can consume. I can't put it down. :)

Your the best AS! Can not thank you enough sir!! And yeah that 40 day difference is so sick. :Namaste:

No problem bro. That pic reminded me how small AK was when put into flower. She has out grown PC and will likely have a higher yield.

:thumb:I'm lovin it Craw. It is just so smooth and clean tasting. The quality of the vape is great especially at your recommended 370 setting. I don't get that burn taste I get with my magic flight after the first couple hits with it. The magic flight is ready to use almost immediately after you engage the battery so it probably runs at a really high temp. I can definitely feel the difference in my lungs too. My only issue with the Q is it knocks me out man. You and Gov got me dialed in on how to use it now I need to dial in on how much I can consume. I can't put it down.

Lol good deal, now you may use less bud.

In looking back at the last pics, I see your PC has those same extra-thick stems mine had too. Doesn't mean anything, it's just one of the similarities. On a footnote, my PC was harvested at 57 days of flower, 66 after flip and while they were ready, I feel I should have let the last one go another 5-7 days. She was the one that looked most like yours does now (I also had that genetic foxtail plant). My buds are curing well and are covered with trichomes, but I still feel they would have benefitted from a few days more. Yours look really good.

They are looking like sweet AS, nice and frosty! :high-five:
Thanks brotha.
In looking back at the last pics, I see your PC has those same extra-thick stems mine had too. Doesn't mean anything, it's just one of the similarities. On a footnote, my PC was harvested at 57 days of flower, 66 after flip and while they were ready, I feel I should have let the last one go another 5-7 days. She was the one that looked most like yours does now (I also had that genetic foxtail plant). My buds are curing well and are covered with trichomes, but I still feel they would have benefitted from a few days more. Yours look really good.

Thanks Gov! So my flower time is based on the day I flipped to 12/12. Do you wait until you see bud formation before you start counting? I've always been confused on when you should start. Some people start veg time from the day seeds break soil or whatever medium. That's what I do too. I want to do it how the big boys (or girls) do it. :laughtwo:

PCs bud formation is looking so much like Lolo. If she turns out like Lolo I will be super happy.

Well, for most it's tomato:tomato (pronounced differently, obviously...lol). I usually throw both numbers out there as so everyone can assess based on their own preferences, but I prefer to count from the day they show pistils at the bud sites. So, if they start showing 8 days after flip it would be 8/1, 8 days since flip 1 day of flower. I don't think I've ever seen a grow that was actually harvested too late. It's hard to do for many reasons. So, if in doubt always let them go another few days and see how they respond. if there is ANY negative impact, pull'em down.

Mine were ready, but I only had about a week of green meds left so, while still not early, I would have rather let Lolo go another week in hindsight.

Check this out. I have no idea what's going on. I germed a couple auto seeds a few days ago (using Capn's tutorial...thank you Cap) that I'm going to grow in soil in my other tent. Check out the growth on the Flash Babylon. It's like an extra upside down tap root growing.

IMG_180722.JPG
IMG_181017.jpg
IMG_180918.jpg

Anyone ever seen this before? Should I be worried or cut it off? Pretty weird.

Yeah. I'll let her go and see what happens. I'm thinking it's just going to die off as it's above the rock wool. The paper towel shot looks like the tap root snapped off of what appears to be the cotyledon. That pic is only 1.5 days in paper towel which to me would seem to early for that to appear. Very strange.

Took the seed hull off this morning. The inside membrane of the seed stuck on though so the coty's are not spread. Looks like the tap root is just connected to the membrane. I'm thinking that tap root just snapped in half as the seed was germinating. It seems Autos grow slower then regular seeds. My other auto has barely broken surface after 2 days in the rock wool cube.

IMG_41116.JPG

Well back to my main grow for this journal. Here are the pic updates. The girls are doing great. PH is very stable these days hovering around 5.8. I'm holding off on the Dry Koolbloom as it seems i have a few more weeks to go. GH recommends to use only 1 week and then flush. I'm going to use for 2 weeks then flush.

IMG_40631.jpg
IMG_40622.JPG
IMG_40682.JPG
IMG_4069.JPG
IMG_40841.JPG
IMG_40753.jpg
IMG_40914.JPG
IMG_40886.JPG
IMG_40986.JPG
IMG_40862.JPG
IMG_41033.JPG

That's it for this weeks update. :peace:

I can see why you're allsmiles. lol. Very nice man. Your PC looks similar to mine when I harvested. Yours will be even better in another week or so. Wish I'd have let mine go another week, but meh. I'll have a 2-week smoke report this weekend.

:goodjob:

I can see why you're allsmiles. lol. Very nice man. Your PC looks similar to mine when I harvested. Yours will be even better in another week or so. Wish I'd have let mine go another week, but meh. I'll have a 2-week smoke report this weekend.

:goodjob:

:)

Thanks Gov. I learned a lot from following your journal. It was like I'm growing this for the second time so thanks for that.

Back
Top Bottom