Auto Topping Thread

Hey guys/gals, looking to top my first auto. I've grown plenty of photos but this is my first auto. Giving her growth at 15 days in thinking of giving her a haircut. Wondering what you guys think.

Here she is Nirvana Swiss Cheese Auto. Day 15
20161003_143313.jpg

20161003_143326.jpg

Green how old is she mate? She wants to be a bit bigger before topping.good work;)

She's 15 days old from breaking ground. 4th set of leaves are fully out 5th set just popping up.

Hey Beast and other autonauts... I wanted to share some update photos of my 2 topped autos since you were my inspiration to give autos another shot. First pic is a red poison at approximately 1 month from seed and the second is a blue treacle at about 3 weeks from seed.
420-magazine-mobile1672046398.jpg

420-magazine-mobile964802124.jpg

I have noticed that in dwc they seem to start off really slowly but take off around week 3 and that they go quite a bit longer than breeder notes say. At least in my limited experience.
Thanks again for all that you guys do here.
Happy growing!

Sent from my LGLS990 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Lazarus beautiful girls mate well done.and a very nice clean set up;) well done.ur gna like whats to come.ur tent looks similar size to mine .soon be full of buds.happy growing;)

Yep UltraDan, sweet seeds. They are just starting to show purple at the bud sites. I am very excited. I may have started bloom nutes a bit early as i dont think they are done stretching. Hope it doesnt effect yield too much.
That blue treacle is some fantastic stuff too but not a big yielder.

Sent from my LGLS990 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Lazarus she should go very purple for ya;) iv grown there cream devil auto not a huge yielder but wow a beautiful plant very purple and red come harvest.il try find the pics of her in my gallery.might take me some time but il try find them to show u;)

Here is sweetseeds cream devil auto i grew a few grows ago;) first time with there genetics and what a beautiful plant she was.she went untopped .still gave some big nugs .here she is folks;)
20160227_114709.JPG
20160227_114723.JPG
20160227_114739.JPG
20160227_114754.JPG
20160227_114809.JPG
20160227_114948.JPG
20160227_115030.JPG
20160227_114912.JPG
20160227_114930.JPG
20160227_115052.JPG
happy growing every1;)

Thanks Beast, they're all grown in the same size pot. It goes to show that not all autos are the same. 3 plants, 3 different veg. times, 3 different harvest dates. Knowing your strain is very important when It comes to topping and training autos. Sometimes you win, sometimes you get a mini me. But it's always good smoke,

Keep it Green :green_heart:cheers

Sni thats the journey mate.as u keep growing and topping more autos. ensures u find the best strongest autos out there.if u get a mini.safe to say dont top that auto again if yield is important to u.without the small plants we would not be able to find the true beast autos;) keep up the good work mate;)

Hi Beast:

My tent will be open soon as my Moby Dick CBD is nearly finished. I have two beans from Cream of the Crop, my first autos: Amphetamine and Narcotic Kush. I know I read it here somewhere but the thread is getting so long I cannot find it again so please forgive this redundant question. Why are we topping at the 3rd node as opposed to the 4th?

Thanks

Wanted to share some good luck with you guys..first off I finally chopped down my auto,not a lot of buds but man they look nice..but anyway awhile back I started a plant about the sametime I started my auto and I didn't put it in any of my journals..but she was 00 Seeds Bubblegummer and is in a 3 gal pot..when the groundhog got to my stuff he really messed her up..at least the auto he didn't eat all the leafes but on the Bubblegummer he ate everyone but the top 2 and he knocked it over on its side..so when I brought the auto inside I never went back and checked on it cause I didn't think it was gona make it,well the other day I was going to take the fence down where I had the auto at the same place the Bubblegummer was and when I walked up I found this
20161007_081847.jpg
20161002_171920.jpg
20161001_194253.jpg

Not very big but when I planted it I did not top her..she looks beautiful and what nuts she does have they are hard as a rock and the smell,WOW...so this plant went almost 4 weeks with no nutrients or water just when it rained..theses plants are tough..

Man o Green welcome.u top an auto at 3rd or 4th node between day 14 and 20 is best to top.as at this stage the auto is still in early veg so u hit at 4th node then let grow and she will veg somemore before going into flower;)

Back
Top Bottom