Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

Jeez you guys are awesome. Thanks so much for the bday wishes! I tend to forget my damn birthday is in my stuff somewhere. My initial reaction is always how the hell do these guys even know it’s my birthday? Lol. I appreciate it. One more day above ground.
You might want to wish HashGirl happy birthday to cause it’s also hers. CL🍀

Some Trim Jail Stuff re: Cherry Pie

I am in Cherry Pie organic trim jail. Time to jar this up. Cherry Pie jail is quite nice. And surprisingly quite gassy. In the best way! I haven’t had gassy weed in a while! I really like that terpenes combo, which is my assumption as to what produces that gassy, petroleum sort of thing some weed has. Three testers and all I can say for sure is that this is going to cure and be pure gas. What’s especially fascinating to me is that there was zero resemblance between my first Cherry Pie and this one. Two plants that if shown by side would fool anyone that it’s two strains, not the same strain. Fascinating difference both phenotypically and as different growing mediums and nutrients affect the equation. I can’t wait to explore this more.

Meantime, imo, the buds are gorgeous. Very very nice. I’ll jar them, stabilize, and send Shed the yield. That will be three plants in the bank and yields in Shed’s hands from my side. He will share and declare official winner if and when I pass Nicks total. If I do not that will be the end, but frankly at this point (sorry Nick) that’s impossible. Lol. No matter.

So here’s what the Cherry Pie looks like as it hits the jars. Too bad when it’s really well cured it will look different than this. I find this beautiful and could stare all day. It isn’t huge but the yield is somewhere close to 4 ounces or a bit more. For a 3-gallon pot of soil that is right on target and approximately what I was hoping for. The California Super Soil basically is responsible for these buds. I’m sold.

IMG_5989.jpeg

IMG_5990.jpeg

:party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party:

It is official.

The 850 watt Fohse Pisces bar light (possibly listed at 900 in some marketing, but it’s a true 850) for a 5x5 will be in my possession the third week of June.

Sorry, but to elaborate here would be disrespectful and I can’t do that. But I already knew that so if you’re curious my sales guy Tom says I can see it best on YouTube. Haven’t looked as I saw everything and considered this for a year already before pulling the trigger. But if you guys are curious you know what it is now.

Fohse Pisces. Heh.

OMG. Pinch me.

Looks like a very nice light but I have never heard of them before. Looks like a high-performance light. 🍋
Full disclosure Keith: part of my deal with my guy is I get shit if someone I refer and etc. LMAO.

Back to Growing, where we belong.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Just a brief piece on the Blue Dream vs the Strawberry Banana.

The Blue Dream is catching up! I’m beginning to think maybe it just took her roots longer to hit the lower level California Super Soil than it did for the Strawberry Banana. I checked and based on descriptions these two plants should be closer in size in theory. In theory. Lmao. But that’s what appears to be happening and it’s not stretch. We are still pre stretch on the BD.

I’ll post a pic later attached to this post to show you guys fwiw.

Odd Weed Tie In but it’s there!

Say hello to my someday to be award winning Raven ZZ. The houseplant of all houseplants. Lmao! I took this plant over from my mom three years ago. Saved its poor life. Wanted to see some things, like if I could do it mostly. But also if any random plant I chose would grow well in what I think of as pot soil. Here’s the tie-in, lol. This one sure as hell does. Ever since I took over she has been uppotted from a ten to a fifteen with a root shave Shed teaches very well, then to the 30 you see here. I added the handles as it takes two guys to move her. Two people that is, just strong ones, lol.

But to my point: she has known only FFOF since I took over. Plus RGR. Plus Kelp Me Kelp You. Plus EWC.

These are clearly used for pot growing. I use them right now for just that.

They work for other shit too.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Check her out. The last two pictures show you how she propagates. Those are her seeds. They come out from the base and start up towards the sky. Then they take a 180 turn. No shit, it’s spectacular to watch. It’s looking for viable dirt to stick itself into. If it finds it it does what the one side shows. If it doesn’t it does what the other side shows. You guys can likely figure out who found the dirt. The result of this is she outgrows every container you can put her in. It’s insanity.

IMG_5993.jpeg

IMG_5991.jpeg

IMG_5992.jpeg

Say hello to my someday to be award winning Raven ZZ. The houseplant of all houseplants. Lmao! I took this plant over from my mom three years ago. Saved its poor life. Wanted to see some things, like if I could do it mostly. But also if any random plant I chose would grow well in what I think of as pot soil. Here’s the tie-in, lol. This one sure as hell does. Ever since I took over she has been uppotted from a ten to a fifteen with a root shave Shed teaches very well, then to the 30 you see here. I added the handles as it takes two guys to move her. Two people that is, just strong ones, lol.

But to my point: she has known only FFOF since I took over. Plus RGR. Plus Kelp Me Kelp You. Plus EWC.

Check her out. The last two pictures show you how she propagates. Those are her seeds. They come out from the base and start up towards the sky. Then they take a 180 turn. No shit, it’s spectacular to watch. It’s looking for viable dirt to stick itself into. If it finds it it does what the one side shows. If it doesn’t it does what the other side shows. You guys can likely figure out who found the dirt. The result of this is she outgrows every container you can put her in. It’s insanity.

IMG_5993.jpeg

IMG_5991.jpeg

IMG_5992.jpeg
Last year I started giving my Mother’s Rose 🌹 of Sharon plants the PB runoff from my grow. It freaking loved the stuff. It grew like 6” and was blooming all summer. lol 😂 CL🍀

Back to Growing, where we belong.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Just a brief piece on the Blue Dream vs the Strawberry Banana.

The Blue Dream is catching up! I’m beginning to think maybe it just took her roots longer to hit the lower level California Super Soil than it did for the Strawberry Banana. I checked and based on descriptions these two plants should be closer in size in theory. In theory. Lmao. But that’s what appears to be happening and it’s not stretch. We are still pre stretch on the BD.

I’ll post a pic later attached to this post to show you guys fwiw.
I owe you guys this picture. See? Catching up! Lol. It’s actually probably an optical illusion combined with my wishes. When I topped the SB I likely arrested one day of vertical growth. That gave the untopped and starting to flower BD a day to create the illusion of catch up.

When you temper what you want to be true with a more likely scenario.

Lmao.

IMG_5994.jpeg

IMG_5993.jpeg

IMG_5991.jpeg

IMG_5992.jpeg
I've seen this amazing plant before in your journaling. How do you keep the leaves so shiny and polished looking? It really is a beauty.

Thanks for showing the training of the SB. I am following closely!

I've seen this amazing plant before in your journaling. How do you keep the leaves so shiny and polished looking? It really is a beauty.

Thanks for showing the training of the SB. I am following closely!
Hey Carmen, thanks. Honestly it’s more her than me. That’s how it grows. The healthier the plant, the shinier the leaves. It comes out light jade green, and over about a month or six weeks the fronds turn pure shiny black. By mid summer she’s breathtaking. I wipe the leaves when I water as required, they are thick and fleshy and solid so easy wipe. And she’s incredibly incredibly pest resistant in a world of every pest you can imagine. That’s why I’m not growing outdoors. But she doesn’t mind a bit. They hate her.

Hey Carmen, thanks. Honestly it’s more her than me. That’s how it grows. The healthier the plant, the shinier the leaves. It comes out light jade green, and over about a month or six weeks the fronds turn pure shiny black. By mid summer she’s breathtaking. I wipe the leaves when I water as required, they are thick and fleshy and solid so easy wipe. And she’s incredibly incredibly pest resistant in a world of every pest you can imagine. That’s why I’m not growing outdoors. But she doesn’t mind a bit. They hate her.
Oh and the SB, yup. Didn’t you say you have a Blue Dream coming up? Mine stayed small as you see. She’s in flower for sure. She’s way open, barely has any fans, and has long internodal spacing. It grows (or at least this one) much like the Skywalker. Couldn’t ask for an easier plant. Trains itself cuz there’s nothing you can do except maybe top. But she hit flower early for me. If you top it, might behoove you to do so as early as you can. But I would say my luck is terrible. Watch - yours will be great and be huge and entirely different. Lol.

IMG_5993.jpeg

IMG_5991.jpeg

IMG_5992.jpeg
Forgot:

She has also become my first ever successful non pot plant clone. But it took two months to get from cutting to here. I’ll put her in dirt soon.

IMG_6005.jpeg

IMG_6004.jpeg

Damn. Now I’ve shared my parents idea of a clean kitchen. Ugh. Lol.

Strawberry Banana
Final Set Up

Last piece of training for her is to flatten the two top shoots on the plant now that you can. These two I will take straight out horizontally where they are. This is the height at which you hope to establish the canopy as fully as possible before she flips or stops stretching, preferably the former. That’s up to the plant and when she decides to flip. But in a perfect world, everything below this point, exactly ten shoots/colas, will catch up to these two top shoots. At this level. And there you go. Best case LED scenario. Everyone equally distanced from the light. Reality check is that rarely will the plant cooperate to the extent of providing you a perfect canopy. But often she’ll get you close. This girl should be fairly okay, she has nary a pistil yet. I have a few more days on her, hopefully longer. That’s the mystery. If you grow autos it’s either something you dig or a unpredictable PITA. Lmao. From there I usually tweak as required until the stretch is over. Then it’s showtime and I take a seat and blow out my ears.

See? The tops are not connected to stakes in the ground. The stakes are just hanging in space underneath. Just their weight is holding them perfectly.

IMG_6006.jpeg

IMG_6007.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom