Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

A 5 gallon will give you a real good size plant. Would it even fit in a tent with training. I am talking 4x4 tent. I know a 15- or 20-gallon pot is a giant plant. 🍋
I’m not sure Keith. I’d be afraid to try it in a 4x4 but if it was controlled I guess, not sure. If this AF was alone in a 4x4 it would be okay. Depending on how tall the tent was. It’s not too wide for a 4x4 but tomorrow I also have to change her reality or I’ll have a floor of buds. I have the infrastructure for it done, install tomorrow. I would try a 15 or 20 in a 4x4 though. Heh. Water I do not yet know how to control growth. Obviously.

Quad Sombrero Training

The key to this slight variation in basic ring training is getting the lower ring wide enough that it never gets blocked from the light by the four central towers. If you can get it out wide enough, it’s like having two completely different bud zones that suck up light independent of one another. No blockage. The towers on most plants get tall, thus I call them the towers. I can already see these will too. And they’ve been manipulated just enough to not be against one another as the develop. I try to get the ring wide enough to clear the big fan leaves when pictured or seen from directly overhead. These are getting close to that point. Once the ring is wide enough and the branches are set I release the bonds and let them all go upwards. If it works perfectly you get a perfect sombrero by the end. This is the best shape training wise this plant has displayed yet. Now I can see the vision. FWIW.

IMG_6027.jpeg

Quad Sombrero Training

The key to this slight variation in basic ring training is getting the lower ring wide enough that it never gets blocked from the light by the four central towers. If you can get it out wide enough, it’s like having two completely different bud zones that suck up light independent of one another. No blockage. The towers on most plants get tall, thus I call them the towers. I can already see these will too. And they’ve been manipulated just enough to not be against one another as the develop. I try to get the ring wide enough to clear the big fan leaves when pictured or seen from directly overhead. These are getting close to that point. Once the ring is wide enough and the branches are set I release the bonds and let them all go upwards. If it works perfectly you get a perfect sombrero by the end. This is the best shape training wise this plant has displayed yet. Now I can see the vision. FWIW.

IMG_6027.jpeg
Nice description on the training & pic can't wait to see it fill out

Apple Fritter
Support

So this dumb shit happened.

You get the point.

These buds are, if it’s possible, too goddamn big. I honestly don’t need buds this big. They’re impossible. So heavy. And it wouldn’t matter if the stems were thicker much either. Buds are just too heavy. Falling over everywhere. This fix was all I could come up with. Hopefully it’ll save me. Looks like it’ll work. Far from ideal but comme ci comme ca.

Here’s front side back side.

IMG_6031.jpeg

IMG_6032.jpeg

Apple Fritter
Support

You get the point.

These buds are, if it’s possible, too goddamn big. I honestly don’t need buds this big. They’re impossible. So heavy. And it wouldn’t matter if the stems were thicker much either. Buds are just too heavy. Falling over everywhere. This fix was all I could come up with. Hopefully it’ll save me. Looks like it’ll work. Far from ideal but comme ci comme ca.

IMG_6031.jpeg

IMG_6032.jpeg
Still trying to work out if these are maple or chestnut trees :scratchinghead: 🤣👌

Still trying to work out if these are maple or chestnut trees :scratchinghead: 🤣👌
Ikr? Lmao. A five gallon bucket and an air stone and this shit happens? Who the F knew? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Not me. But this only takes once. I get it. Lol.

Strawberry Banana

For the curious, here’s a picture that shows you what I meant when I said I leave a spot in the ring for the last two colas. The last two are the horizontally steered two shoots off the last node to join the ring. This one and the one on the other side. Same thing. They’ll both make it. 8-cola, well spaced out ring. Inner growth is removed. And then the four towers as stated. Heh.

Here’s a pic of the space and shoot headed there. Also a shot of my buddy. All my best friends in Florida are animals. Lol.

IMG_6040.jpeg

IMG_6039.jpeg

Apple Fritter
Support

You get the point.

IMG_6031.jpeg

IMG_6032.jpeg
Bud rot seems inevitable. They’re too big and dense. I have seven fans on this plant. AC. 42-45% RH, best I can do now as it’s 95 and humid here now every day. Temp is 74 F. Not a whole lot else I can do unless I fire up the big unit. I have space so I may do that. Need space around the unit for the heat to dissipate without trashing a plant. Dehumidifier I’m talking about.

@Jon Here is a good video talking about organic vs synthetic results as far as terpines, flavonoids, etc.

Bottom line is that you can get good results either way and it is true that synthetic nutrients and organic nutrients both break down into the same basic elements so properly grown, great results can be had either way.

BUT, it's easier to get good results with organics because it's easier to provide too much N in flower with synthetics which waters down brix since it increases water dilution in the plant.

But that's properly grown, and organics don't give you an automatic pass to greatness. you still have to use the tools properly.

@Jon Here is a good video talking about organic vs synthetic results as far as terpines, flavonoids, etc.

Bottom line is that you can get good results either way and it is true that synthetic nutrients and organic nutrients both break down into the same basic elements so properly grown, great results can be had either way.

BUT, it's easier to get good results with organics because it's easier to provide too much N in flower with synthetics which waters down brix since it increases water dilution in the plant.

But that's properly grown, and organics don't give you an automatic pass to greatness. you still have to use the tools properly.

Thanks @Azimuth! I have no illusions my friend. I’m far from competent with organic and appreciate anything you got. I already know chem can produce spectacular results. I do that every grow. And now I’ve gotten spectacular results from organics. I even have two strains of chem and organic to compare! And Azi - it’s no contest. The great results either way is true but the results when both nailed are far from identical. I’m learning. Thank you.

Thanks @Azimuth! I have no illusions my friend. I’m far from competent with organic and appreciate anything you got. I already know chem can produce spectacular results. I do that every grow. And now I’ve gotten spectacular results from organics. I even have two strains of chem and organic to compare! And Azi - it’s no contest. The great results either way is true but the results when both nailed are far from identical. I’m learning. Thank you.
Organic imho destroys chem for taste, smell, buzz, and pain relief. I have yet to find an exception when compared. Same strain one organic one chem, organic wins every time.

Bud rot seems inevitable. They’re too big and dense. I have seven fans on this plant. AC. 42-45% RH, best I can do now as it’s 95 and humid here now every day. Temp is 74 F. Not a whole lot else I can do unless I fire up the big unit. I have space so I may do that. Need space around the unit for the heat to dissipate without trashing a plant. Dehumidifier I’m talking about.
Maybe you should use what @Bill284 is using for his preventative? SNS might help. CL🍀

Maybe you should use what @Bill284 is using for his preventative? SNS might help. CL🍀
Yes maybe so. I have tons of 3 of them. I was gonna use them starting next grow with the soil plants. Thanks, great heads up. I forgot all about it. Lol.

Cherry Pie
Yield

The Cherry Pie yield is in the Shed-Bank. Won’t share it here so I edited, but here it is. But it’s not a pound. :rofl: It was only a 3 of FFOF/Cali SS. Decent for a 3 though. Pretty buds. Gassy.

IMG_6045.jpeg

In my view it's the other way around where you only really can manipulate and lower N in late flower with synthetics? The only way to lower N with organics is by planting a top covering crop like alfa alfa or other greens?

That's why we have different formulas with different amount of nitrogen growing Cannabis. Plants grow and react different so we adapt accordingly.

If you follow manufacturers recommendations instead of plant response you will end up overfeeding with most plant foods.

Apple Fritter
Support

You get the point.

IMG_6031.jpeg

IMG_6032.jpeg
Awe! that's horrible, looks great though

Awe! that's horrible, looks great though
Ikr! Ugly as hell. But effective and I had to do something. The chair limits my support options. I can’t do yo-yos or any above stuff. I mean, I didn’t even remove the duct tape to at least make it colorful. :rofl:

That is a plant, very impressive great job, hope there is no rot
Ikr! Ugly as hell. But effective and I had to do something. The chair limits my support options. I can’t do yo-yos or any above stuff. I mean, I didn’t even remove the duct tape to at least make it colorful. :rofl:

Hi @ViparSpectra and perhaps Val -
Your new XS1500 Pro arrived yesterday and got delivered to my mailbox parcel locker. Thanks so very much. It’s an amazing light and now I’ll have three! Great prize and thanks so much for the extent of your participation with us. We see that you see us and that has positive impact always.

Here’s the not so funny part. It got delivered to the wrong box. It must be here, my USPS email and the tracking you guys sent me both say it has been delivered and I even phoned and yes, apparently it’s really here. I just gotta track it down. Lmao!!! Someone else here in the neighborhood must have it. I’ll get it. Lol.

Thanks again!

:thanks::thanks::thanks:

Back
Top Bottom