Backbuilding

If your feeds are not enough for the plant and its consuming itself then you should really consider feeding them what they need. Why starve the plant, dont you want a big yield with potent buds? Or are you at the point in flower where the plants start to fade naturally?
Im in week 7 flower...Cali says 8...some say 10 if you want a knock out. This is night time sleepy medicine so going for 9-10 weeks likely. This is fall fade at this point...Im following Soma style mostly. Fade is right about now. I did a mid week update Today in my journal. I like this shot.
D28F1490-065B-4D48-8E2B-39CEDA6126D0.jpeg

They are. But if youre blocking multiple bud sites with one big ass sucker leave its not accomplishing anything. Experiment. Try it see if you get more, larger nugs or not.
OK....I was jumping in on something I know nothing about before following some great growers here...backbuilding...input from @Emilya I didnt know trimming was also needed. I just nipped one of many main buds on the tall girl. I would be interested to know what fans I should take late flower if you check out my current grow. Im trying not to mess up anything at this point. I pulled one of the original giant fans tonight...it finally gave up the ghost. This Strain was THICK you know what I mean from day one...I like the looks of this old school strain as a scrapping seedling fighting for space.
9E329C18-5422-44F4-B520-A7374BBE3712.jpeg

Read up on this on LA's thread. Did a search and also found this, giving it a try on green crack today. Flipped april 20

Back 2 on the left have not been cut.
20200606_150312.jpg

Back one not cut
20200606_150250.jpg
20200606_150224.jpg

Attachments

• 20200606_150218.jpg
    20200606_150218.jpg
    670.2 KB · Views: 27
isn't she beautiful? I'm betting that you do more backbuilding in the future. :yummy:
Emilya...watering help appreciated...high anxiety if you are new and have done some homework. I just nipped the one bud, but have documented Here for awhile. It is fatter. It will have a separate smoke session just because its special. Thanks for passing on the wisdom.

If I had to guess then the left most one appears the fattest. I tried backbuilding once but I wasn't able to notice any difference or advantage to it, but that could very well have been limited by the lousy grow I did that time.:straightface:

It will still change the nature of how the bud builds .. I wouldnt wait any later though
Hey @Emilya - fascinating technique, and I have a couple of questions (but tell me if you think I am over-thinking the backbuilding approach). First, does this fattening of the colas increase the risk of bud rot at all, and if so are there measures to prevent it other than the ordinary control of humidity/ventillation/airflow/etc? Second, do you find this makes for more product in the end, or is it mainly about eye-appeal with more nicely rounded bud?

Really interested in giving this a try, just curious about a couple things, especially the second question, actually.

Thanks!

Yes, I believe it can add 20 or 30% to the size and weight of the bud, and of course the eye appeal increases too. Yes, if you were in a moisture prone environment which would set up the conditions for bud rot and therefore make your grows very susceptible to it, I would not do this technique... but if you have control over your environment, bud rot should be something you should of course be aware of, but the likelihood of it occurring is very low.

Back
Top Bottom