Bad seeds from Barney's?

Dave Groomer

Ok. I have a question. Has anyone else had problems germinating seeds from Barney's? I ordered 5 Pineapple chunk Fems from Herbies (along with other seeds) and I am having NO luck with the PC. My first seed popped but did not root, the next one never germinated at all and now I am on my third seed. 3 days and still nothing. I am not an expert grower, but I have never had trouble germinating a seed. I lost a couple plants early on in my career due to newbie mistakes but everything recently is going great. My other seeds that I have started are all doing well, just not the PC.

Anyone else with problems germinating recently?

I think skunny had some germination problems. I know a few of us grew the pineapple chunk and we all ended up with bad phenos. Mine flowered for 18 weeks. Good luck man

Re: Bad seeds from Barney's ???

I think skunny had some germination problems. I know a few of us grew the pineapple chunk and we all ended up with bad phenos. Mine flowered for 18 weeks. Good luck man

Very disappointing. I was really looking forward to this. You spend more then $10 per seed. I always buy multiples just in case I get a bad seed. But this is 3 out of 5 (so far) that aren't going anywhere.

Re: Bad seeds from Barney's ???

Grew 3 of these last year. No issues here.
Was a nice bushy pheno but wasn't a huge fan of the musty cheesy taste. Wouldn't grow it again.

Ok. I have a question. Has anyone else had problems germinating seeds from Barney's? I ordered 5 Pineapple chunk Fems from Herbies (along with other seeds) and I am having NO luck with the PC. My first seed popped but did not root, the next one never germinated at all and now I am on my third seed. 3 days and still nothing. I am not an expert grower, but I have never had trouble germinating a seed. I lost a couple plants early on in my career due to newbie mistakes but everything recently is going great. My other seeds that I have started are all doing well, just not the PC.

Wow! I got a similar problem with Peppermint Kush from Barney's Farm.
5 seeds pack: 3 did not germinate, 1 sprouted but was skinny and totally un-even (surely genetic problems), the last one have finished her life but with a lot of problems.
I'm not gonna buy BF seeds for a while, until I read some really good feedbacks.

Maybe I just got an unlucky seedpack, or that new-genetic is unstable idk, but I'm really disappointed. I'm "happy" to read your post, now I know I'm not the only one who had this kind of problems with Barney's.

Years ago, a friend of mine (also grower) gave me some grams of Amnesia Lemon (Barney's) and it was the tastiest and strongest mj I've ever smoked.

I hope they will fix those problems with their seeds

Wow! I got a similar problem with Peppermint Kush from Barney's Farm.
5 seeds pack: 3 did not germinate, 1 sprouted but was skinny and totally un-even (surely genetic problems), the last one have finished her life but with a lot of problems.
I'm not gonna buy BF seeds for a while, until I read some really good feedbacks.

Maybe I just got an unlucky seedpack, or that new-genetic is unstable idk, but I'm really disappointed. I'm "happy" to read your post, now I know I'm not the only one who had this kind of problems with Barney's.

Years ago, a friend of mine (also grower) gave me some grams of Amnesia Lemon (Barney's) and it was the tastiest and strongest mj I've ever smoked.

I hope they will fix those problems with their seeds

It never popped. I put a freebie (Blue Kush) in a wet paper towel and she popped in 24 Hours. She will be planted tonight.

I got some PC seeds from them a couple months ago and all sprouted and grew just fine. I'm not so sure I like the plants themselves so far but fingers crossed on that.

Most seeds normal germinate in a few days even tho the longest i've waited was 7 days with one strain & still got 5 out 5 pop, just give em some more time... i don't wait more than 2 weeks myself before they get binned.

Recently got some seeds from Sweet Seeds a Spanish breeder, i checked over the packet i noticed a little label stating that the seeds where harvested January 2013 after translation... Mmm ye 2 year old seeds ah, i wonder what the success ratio will be like ?

Bought Top Dawg, Sin trabjo and red diesel from barneys and never had any issues germinating them or flowering. I find Barneys to be one of the better of the Seed Banks and will continue to order from them. There are however a few seed banks i would never order from again....

I would contact Barneys, I've been thinking about it myself. After starting blue shark and got 0-3 also a couple LSD no shows. I contacted another breeder one time, and was advised to complane to dealer. Tell them you got in touch with them and to replace them. It was Herbies they wanted a photo of damaged seeds that is how they handled it.Damaged in shipping not germinating. The breeder told Herbies they would replace them. Herbies told me it wouldn't happened if it didn't come from the breeder

i`ve used Nirvana and Barneys with no issues... There are plenty of seed banks, that won`t replace or do sheet... You have to be very careful on who you select.... barneys has been around very a very long time and if you look at other web sites who sell seeds many use them as well. So, why bother going somewhere else when they tack on a profit?

You need to keep your planted seeds warm. It's winter and your temps may be too low in the seedling chamber. What worked last Spring will not work now, if you're in the Northern Hemisphere. If you have eliminated that as a cause, then it's the quality of the seed.

I don't know if seed that got frozen in transit will sprout, but that could be another factor. However, most seeds of any kind outdoors will sprout after being very cold or frozen.

I got 5 PCs from Herbies as well and have so far sprouted 2/2 and I am a complete beginner so can vouch for them on that front. Both seedlings were healthy as well, although one was almost double the size of the other

I got some PC seeds from them a couple months ago and all sprouted and grew just fine. I'm not so sure I like the plants themselves so far but fingers crossed on that.

While this is pretty much completely off the thread topic, sorry:)-re-reading this 10 months later, I feel compelled to follow up on my previous post. The Pineapple Chunk from Barney's Farm has turned out to be an amazing plant. Previous to growing it I read many horror stories of strain instability, runaway growth and super long flowering times, but haven't experienced any of that. It is the dankest strain I've found yet in my not so vast growing experience. I started out with three females, all were quite consistent and similar. Yield isn't super high but it is very decent. I've been flowering them for about 90 days, sometimes over 100, but I tend to leave them extra long.
I'd definitely recommend this strain, if you like herb that knocks you on your ass. The pheno that I kept has an amazing blue/purple color. Here is a picture of one that I harvested last week.
image35660.jpg

BARNEYS SEEDS SUCK, and you email them and never reply, because they got your money and you got a pack of sh t..... Germination i tried, wet paper towel, no luck. skuff and put in glass of water, no luck.plant in soil no luck. 500ppm of GA3 in water, no luck. Whats left? i got shit... 4 diff strains diff packs at diff times i ordered... conclusion dont buy barneys.... now sensi seeds dutch passion mandella satori all rock plant straight in soil or paper towel all work in a couple of days....

Apparently you got a batch of old or immature seeds. Were they pale and small? Mature seeds should be plump (not necessarily big) and the seed coat should have the markings typical of the strain. I have had some very small seeds sprout into healthy plants, so size is not always a factor, as long as the seed coat looks mature and the seed is not desiccated.

Back
Top Bottom