Ban on marijuana users owning guns is unconstitutional, U.S. judge rules

How many times have you read the Unabomber's Manifesto? Just curious. If never, here is an excerpt:

1. The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race. They have greatly increased the life-expectancy of those of us who live in “advanced” countries, but they have destabilized society, have made life unfulfilling, have subjected human beings to indignities, have led to widespread psychological suffering (in the Third World to physical suffering as well) and have inflicted severe damage on the natural world. The continued development of technology will worsen the situation. It will certainly subject human beings to greater indignities and inflict greater damage on the natural world, it will probably lead to greater social disruption and psychological suffering, and it may lead to increased physical suffering even in “advanced” countries.

2. The industrial-technological system may survive or it may break down. If it survives, it MAY eventually achieve a low level of physical and psychological suffering, but only after passing through a long and very painful period of adjustment and only at the cost of permanently reducing human beings and many other living organisms to engineered products and mere cogs in the social machine. Furthermore, if the system survives, the consequences will be inevitable: There is no way of reforming or modifying the system so as to prevent it from depriving people of dignity and autonomy.

3. If the system breaks down the consequences will still be very painful. But the bigger the system grows the more disastrous the results of its breakdown will be, so if it is to break down it had best break down sooner rather than later.

4. We therefore advocate a revolution against the industrial system. This revolution may or may not make use of violence; it may be sudden or it may be a relatively gradual process spanning a few decades. We can’t predict any of that. But we do outline in a very general way the measures that those who hate the industrial system should take in order to prepare the way for a revolution against that form of society. This is not to be a POLITICAL revolution. Its object will be to overthrow not governments but the economic and technological basis of the present society.

link to entire manifesto:

How many times have you read the Unabomber's Manifesto? Just curious. If never, here is an excerpt:

1. The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race. They have greatly increased the life-expectancy of those of us who live in “advanced” countries, but they have destabilized society, have made life unfulfilling, have subjected human beings to indignities, have led to widespread psychological suffering (in the Third World to physical suffering as well) and have inflicted severe damage on the natural world. The continued development of technology will worsen the situation. It will certainly subject human beings to greater indignities and inflict greater damage on the natural world, it will probably lead to greater social disruption and psychological suffering, and it may lead to increased physical suffering even in “advanced” countries.

2. The industrial-technological system may survive or it may break down. If it survives, it MAY eventually achieve a low level of physical and psychological suffering, but only after passing through a long and very painful period of adjustment and only at the cost of permanently reducing human beings and many other living organisms to engineered products and mere cogs in the social machine. Furthermore, if the system survives, the consequences will be inevitable: There is no way of reforming or modifying the system so as to prevent it from depriving people of dignity and autonomy.

3. If the system breaks down the consequences will still be very painful. But the bigger the system grows the more disastrous the results of its breakdown will be, so if it is to break down it had best break down sooner rather than later.

4. We therefore advocate a revolution against the industrial system. This revolution may or may not make use of violence; it may be sudden or it may be a relatively gradual process spanning a few decades. We can’t predict any of that. But we do outline in a very general way the measures that those who hate the industrial system should take in order to prepare the way for a revolution against that form of society. This is not to be a POLITICAL revolution. Its object will be to overthrow not governments but the economic and technological basis of the present society.

link to entire manifesto:

Lol this is a bit ironic and darkly humorous to me. I’ve purposefully avoided diving in too deep to the Unabomber and other equivalent humans with similar bends. I’ve always felt an odd connection with what they have to say and have had incredibly similar thoughts and thought patterns. There’s been so many times I’ve listened to these people and have thought “damn Ive thought the same thing”.

There’s a darker part of me I’m not willing to let out into the open because I know I am capable of justifying anything, and can very clearly see the justifications they’ve used. A violent oppressive system run by psychotic narcissists with the resources of entire nations aren’t going to listen to reason, and have no empathy or compassion. I can easily justify the murder of these people, their families, associates, and those that do their bidding.

My wife and sons are the only things that have kept me grounded in adulthood, and if it weren’t for them I could easily see myself taking Justice into my own hands with my own warped outlook. People aren’t ready for that reality though, so my family needs me more than society does.

I refuse to accept authority as anything more than a mass delusion agreed upon by those who fear losing the habit of living.

And just like that I’ve begun my own manifesto 🤣

One of the things that always loses me with these people though is their weird obsession with other peoples sexual habits and orientations. Sexuality and gender concepts have nothing to do with perverse elites attempting to exploit our species. Blaming gay people for allowing the few to control the fearfully complacent masses will never resonate with me.

Lol this is a bit ironic and darkly humorous to me. I’ve purposefully avoided diving in too deep to the Unabomber and other equivalent humans with similar bends. I’ve always felt an odd connection with what they have to say and have had incredibly similar thoughts and thought patterns. There’s been so many times I’ve listened to these people and have thought “damn Ive thought the same thing”.

That's why I posted it.

It would be more convincing if you numbered the paragraphs. :D

That's why I posted it.

It would be more convincing if you numbered the paragraphs. :D

The biggest issue I’ve found is that those that share similar views that they’re willing to express out loud tend to have very extreme views on things I believe are no one’s business, or are so shortsighted and angry they don’t fully grasp that it’s the entire system, not just left or right.

For instance, if you’ve heard about the group in Michigan that was arrested and tried for attempting to kidnap the governor. I was a part of that initial online group. We had been talking about these ideas and it quickly veered into being Trumpian and calls for replacing democrats with republicans. I stepped away from it because that’s how it normally goes and I’m tired of people thinking it’s one sides fault, but not before the FBI came knocking on my door 🤣

That's why I posted it

Damn you for posting it 😂 this is ridiculously close to how I envision our world and the future.. I’ve just now begun to read the strategy paragraphs

I've never read the whole thing. It's 35,000 words. At the end of many paragraphs, I find myself awkwardly thinking, "well that's pretty grim, but he's not wrong about this". But I have no intention of becoming part of a 'social revolution' that overthrows technological society or anything else.

I will simply continue to watch society deteriorate while trying hard to avoid society. The social revolution that he wrote about never happened and probably never will. The current trajectory of the human race is headed towards self destruction because of overpopulation, greed and the concept of money.

The human race is unsustainable in it's current form and very little is being done about it. What will life be like 50 years from now? Probably not better than now. I hope I'm wrong about that. I hope humans get their shit together someday. But I'm not counting on it.

I've never read the whole thing. It's 35,000 words. At the end of many paragraphs, I find myself awkwardly thinking, "well that's pretty grim, but he's not wrong about this". But I have no intention of becoming part of a 'social revolution' that overthrows technological society or anything else.

I will simply continue to watch society deteriorate while trying hard to avoid society. The social revolution that he wrote about never happened and probably never will. The current trajectory of the human race is headed towards self destruction because of overpopulation, greed and the concept of money.

The human race is unsustainable in it's current form and very little is being done about it. What will life be like 50 years from now? Probably not better than now. I hope I'm wrong about that. I hope humans get their shit together someday. But I'm not counting on it.

It was an interesting read especially this many years later, it still has relevance. However, I don’t have faith in humanity enough to believe the species would revolt enough to break down the industrial technological society. No part of history nor what I’ve seen makes me confident in our ability to rescue ourselves from ourselves. We are too broken and too selfish. Too greedy and too arrogant. Too stupid and too naive. Too lazy and too afraid.

We are watching the wealthy and their companies destroy our planet. Instead of doing anything at all about it, we protect them and encourage them under some perverse belief that maybe if we try really really hard we too can have enough wealth to feed a nation but instead spend it on a boat filled with empty headed lemmings. Or a car that could feed villages for decades, just to provide some modicum of self worth because they’re so broken inside.

It disgusts me the way we fawn over billionaires and celebrities. The way we make excuses and pretend that they worked really hard to get there and didn’t in reality exploit both humans and our planet. We don’t deserve to leave this planet and we don’t deserve to be on it much longer.

I, as you, just keep to myself and avoid society as much as possible. There is no hope without a full hard reset and reorganization of our priorities and beliefs, and that won’t happen without our species being dragged kicking and screaming through the fire.

I have almost completely checked out of society since the pandemic started. I don't shop in stores or go anywhere indoors unless it's absolutely necessary. I only put 414 miles on my car in 2022. This doesn't bother me at all. It's a new way of life.

So what was it like when the FBI knocked on your door?

Assault rifles are not cheap weapons. Finding ammo isn't easy or cheap like it use to be.
Kyle Rittenhouse and Salvadore Ramos agree with you. They had to save their allowance for months!

Kyle Rittenhouse and Salvadore Ramos agree with you. They had to save their allowance for months!
Kyle Rittenhouses sisters boyfriend purchased his gun. Who's to blame there?

And not that I condone his actions. But put yourself in his place, scared for your life, and a mob trying to take your weapon.

His testimony - he said left him feeling afraid for his life, starting with being chased by a man who made death threats and reached for his gun, leaving Rittenhouse with no choice but to shoot him, he said. Afterward, he was pursued and attacked by a "mob," Rittenhouse said, as he tried to make his way to the police to turn himself in.

Nobody would have done anything different.

Moving on

Salvadore Ramos purchased his own gun, that was taken from him by the police. Then the police gave it to a family friend..

Again who's to blame there?

We have lots of red flag systems in place. While not perfect they do work.

But then you have... Other situations.

I just watched a veteran have his whole house emptied of weapons because of a Confederate flag in his front yard.

Who's to blame for that!?

Society is good at pointing a finger.

Rittenhouse's friend bought the gun with money that Rittenhouse gave him. Ramos bought two rifles with his own money.

You said that AR-15s are 'not cheap weapons.' Yet teens are buying them easily enough.

Rittenhouse's friend bought the gun with money that Rittenhouse gave him. Ramos bought two rifles with his own money.

You said that AR-15s are 'not cheap weapons.' Yet teens are buying them easily enough.
Oh Trevor I don't even know why you responded. I could go buy 5-7 hi point firearms for the price of 1 ar. Or better yet I could just upload the file on my 3d printer. No matter what the cause of death, billy will go find a rock stick bat bar chain gun car bomb etc. To kill someone.

Guns don't kill people

People kill people

This thread is far of topic. This is my last post.

Sorry, I'm a Brit so I don't understand, but I'm interested
Is it a case of 'the other guy will have a gun, so I need one' or 'sometimes we have to shoot things here'?
Bears and stuff?
Roy you guys started this, just because the people in the colonies were were mostly criminals or rebel rousers ya should have never tried to disarm us :rofl: Im just messin with ya But that is why they made it our second amendment; but you gotta understand I am a hardcore 2A guy all I can say is I have more guns than fingers and elbows and then there are my shot guns and crossbows lol I always hunted and serval of my guns are for home and self defense I have my gun safe locked sitting right next to my tent which is also locked. and when I asked the state about it I couldn't get a straight answer when it comes to those 2 thing I am 101% legal everyone in my family from my 11 yr old grandson to myself have been thru gun safety training. it isnt the people like me you have to worry about. it is the ones with the illegal guns you have to worry about thats why the gun laws dont work a criminal is going to find and carry a gun with out a worry about the law. Thats why IMO the best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. Ill stop there Im sure we have a lot of different opinions and this is my home and I dont want to offend anyone. But Roy it is so easy to pass the buck to them red coats lol:passitleft:
TRUE FACT the most violent cities in the us have the strictest gun laws; I dislikeno I hate gun violence and I hate people who do evil things that reflect on us law abiding gun owners, But I still love guns. if they would enforce the gun laws we already have there would be a lot less gun violence.

I have almost completely checked out of society since the pandemic started. I don't shop in stores or go anywhere indoors unless it's absolutely necessary. I only put 414 miles on my car in 2022. This doesn't bother me at all. It's a new way of life.

I was pretty much living my life like this before the pandemic hit. Afghanistan shattered me into a thousand pieces and I didn’t even realize it until I got out of the Army. Once I was diagnosed with TBI, PTSD, partial paralysis, etc. I was able to make sense of my life again and have since made it so my contact with the outside world is incredibly low. I loved the pandemic, it was perfect for me, aside from the death and stuff lol, but death has no sway on my life any more.

So what was it like when the FBI knocked on your door?

Lol it was sort of humorous. I stopped at Kroger to pickup my breakfast stuff and my wife called and said
“hey are you gonna be home soon?”
I said “yeah just grabbing breakfast stuff, why?”
She says “because the FBI is here and they want to talk to you”
I busted out laughing and said “I’m not surprised, I’ve been talking shit on Facebook. It’ll be a few minutes I’m standing in line”

So I had cash on me and had to go to a specific cash only line and that took like 15 minutes. After 10 minutes of standing in line she calls back again and is like “hey so are you coming?” And I replied “yep still just standing in line, it’ll be about 10 minutes, did they say why they’re there and also don’t let them in the house” she replied with a laugh and said “I didn’t even think to offer that, they’re just standing on our sidewalk by the porch and no they won’t say why they’re here they just want to talk to you”

So I get home and walk up and it’s a man and a woman. The man looks like a fed. Polo shirt, khaki pants, and hiking shoes. The woman looks the same. I ask them
“What do you want?”
The man replies “we’re here to ask a few questions”
I reply “ok” but am extremely cagey and standoffish because the FBI is at my house and hasn’t told me why yet.
The dude says “have you ever heard of the Facebook group Motor City Boogaloo?” and I bust out laughing almost immediately and say “yeah I’ve heard of it”
Dude says “what can you tell us about that group?”
I replied with “not much. Seems like a bunch of big talkers comparing dick sizes, no one’s really serious”
Dude replies “we’re not here to arrest you or anything like that”
Again I laugh and reply “oh I know, you wouldn’t have knocked on my door, you would’ve just come in”
at which point dude starts mentioning my time in the Army and how he knows I’ve got my own demons and how he’s just trying to get some information on these guys. He came at the question in at least 3 or 4 different approaches, each time me saying “nah they all just seemed like big shit talkers like no one was really going to do anything”

Then dude starts trying to debate/argue with me why his job is important and why America isn’t a dumpster fire and how he’s just trying to protect our home blah blah blah. What it basically felt like was dude was trying to have a debate on ideology on my front lawn and I stopped him and said “look I’m not about to get into all of that with a fed on my front lawn, you don’t have the time and this definitely isnt the place”

The entire time this back and forth was going on the woman he had with him just kept staring at him with puppy dog eyes.. if she was supposed to be his backup she was doing an awful job because I caught her not paying attention to anything but him multiple times. This humored me even more. In the end after trying a hundred different ways of getting me to name people I thought would be serious enough to carry out their threats, and me refusing to say anything more than “nope just big dick swinging” he handed me his card and told me to reach out to him if I thought of anything or heard anything else.

It was a really bizarre situation.. dude had all of this information on me, knew where my house was when I purposefully don’t have a current address listed anywhere, had screenshots of shit that was said and kept trying to reassure me that I wasn’t in trouble and that he knew about my past. It definitely made me laugh but it also was the last time I ever used Facebook again 🤣

I would like to remind everyone that New York City under Rudi did solve the gun problem. It was called stop and frisk. If you carried an illegal gun, you were going to jail. Contrary to popular belief, with training it is easy to see the "shadowing" that happens with concealed weapons and it is possible to get most of them, especially those carried by drug addled criminals, off of the street. It just takes the political will to do this, instead of kowtowing to oppressed people. In this upside down world we now live in, where criminals are never charged and are let free with no bond, this will never happen.

do you feel you need a gun for personal security?
it's entirely valid if you do. the question i pose is why do you feel that way? and why did it get that way?

the main issue with the gun problem is it self-propagates at some point. everyone needs a gun because everyone is afraid of all the guns everyone else has. how the hell is that sane?

me ? i'm fine. i do shoot but have no need of a weapon. i haven't hunted in yrs and would have to relicense now. my buddy wants me to try bow hunting, honestly think i'd be awful. bow hunting takes way more talent.
I don’t know where you live but Illinois has legalized crossbow hunting for Deer 🦌. Which is pretty cool for us Felons who can’t own firearms. CL🍀

There’s a darker part of me I’m not willing to let out into the open because I know I am capable of justifying anything, and can very clearly see the justifications they’ve used. A violent oppressive system run by psychotic narcissists with the resources of entire nations aren’t going to listen to reason, and have no empathy or compassion. I can easily justify the murder of these people, their families, associates, and those that do their bidding.

My wife and sons are the only things that have kept me grounded in adulthood, and if it weren’t for them I could easily see myself taking Justice into my own hands with my own warped outlook. People aren’t ready for that reality though, so my family needs me more than society does.

I refuse to accept authority as anything more than a mass delusion agreed upon by those who fear losing the habit of living.

One of the things that always loses me with these people though is their weird obsession with other peoples sexual habits and orientations. Sexuality and gender concepts have nothing to do with perverse elites attempting to exploit our species. Blaming gay people for allowing the few to control the fearfully complacent masses will never resonate with me.
I recommend editing your post if you don’t want to be on some Government watch list. But entirely up to you bro. CL🍀

Roy you guys started this, just because the people in the colonies were were mostly criminals or rebel rousers ya should have never tried to disarm us :rofl: Im just messin with ya But that is why they made it our second amendment; but you gotta understand I am a hardcore 2A guy all I can say is I have more guns than fingers and elbows and then there are my shot guns and crossbows lol I always hunted and serval of my guns are for home and self defense I have my gun safe locked sitting right next to my tent which is also locked. and when I asked the state about it I couldn't get a straight answer when it comes to those 2 thing I am 101% legal everyone in my family from my 11 yr old grandson to myself have been thru gun safety training. it isnt the people like me you have to worry about. it is the ones with the illegal guns you have to worry about thats why the gun laws dont work a criminal is going to find and carry a gun with out a worry about the law. Thats why IMO the best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. Ill stop there Im sure we have a lot of different opinions and this is my home and I dont want to offend anyone. But Roy it is so easy to pass the buck to them red coats lol:passitleft:
TRUE FACT the most violent cities in the us have the strictest gun laws; I dislikeno I hate gun violence and I hate people who do evil things that reflect on us law abiding gun owners, But I still love guns. if they would enforce the gun laws we already have there would be a lot less gun violence.
Thanks to you and everyone else who has tried to explain the rationale, which is lost on me
All I can think is that if I have a bottle of JD here, sooner or later I'll drink it; owning a gun seems to be similarly risky as it seems to say 'Ultimately, I can shoot someone if I want to [or if I have a bad day in a shit life]'
To be honest, I kind of wish I'd never asked now
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom