Been Trying To Grow For Years - 2021 Was My First Harvest: On To Grow #2

After 36 plus hours of darkness my results are not very impressive. There must be more to the story. Perhaps my timing was off. None of the plants pooped as expected. There was some additional frostiness and the scope showed a small increase in gland size, everything in slower motion with this strain.
I have been waiting for amber trichomes to show up. This strains trichomes don't turn amber.
I'm so sorry to hear that my friend @MAK1 .
Are there any white pistols left on her?

Stay safe
Bill

@MAC1 I'm wondering if she wasn't ready yet. I thought mine was ready to chop when I put it under 36 hours of darkness, then I chopped her down. Your parents sound like bad@$$ mountain men not hippies. by the sounds Don't underestimate them lol

I'm so sorry to hear that my friend @MAK1 .
Are there any white pistols left on her?

Stay safe
Bill
Any pistils? Never had any pistils on one BB#3. I just call this "Weirdo". The entire grow never saw a pistil. I did see something white starting to form on the hidden buds. They look like either seed pods forming or flowers or maybe pistils? It is pure white as can be coming from new growth tips here and there.
They just keep growing bigger. I pulled a sample a few weeks back. She was a racetrack then. There seemed to be no end in site. 8 weeks in veg and 11 weeks in flower I am so done.
The foxtailing flowers were so symmetrical until the last 2 weeks. This is when they started to look like they are using anabolic steroids.

Any pistils? Never had any pistils on one BB#3. I just call this "Weirdo". The entire grow never saw a pistil. I did see something white starting to form on the hidden buds. They look like either seed pods forming or flowers or maybe pistils? It is pure white as can be coming from new growth tips here and there.
They just keep growing bigger. I pulled a sample a few weeks back. She was a racetrack then. There seemed to be no end in site. 8 weeks in veg and 11 weeks in flower I am so done.
The foxtailing flowers were so symmetrical until the last 2 weeks. This is when they started to look like they are using anabolic steroids.
Do you have any pics?

Stay safe
Bill

Do you have any pics?

Stay safe
Bill

tempImageAtLudS.png

Wow. They look amazing! How far along is your gsc? Is she an auto or photo? She is beautiful. My temps lower at night so mine got a little purple hue, but nothing like yours. I am going to try perpinator on the next run of gsc
She is down. Little bud dried 2 days is a little harsh but has some nice flavors already. The buds smell right for now. Sticky. Mine turned color because I over-dosed them with magnesium - Epsom salt, TWICE. I didn't mean to do that. Stoned math at 3 AM without my reading glasses. I bet a good dose of aluminum sulphate will make them bluer. Pick a mineral, overdose one and see what happens. You could kill your plant, it's Just a weed right.

Here is a better image of the Weirdo. A BB3# phenotype that looks like the parent plant I saw a photo of called Strawberry Cough or Strawberry Diesel?
Here the flowers have lost their symmetry and started to retract just before she started showing more willingness to just keep growing. The foxtails are no longer balanced because of old age or stress? I did not treat her for continued growth this may have been the cause or it just happens. Trichomes look full and white with hardly any clear and no amber. Too many busted trich-glands, I believe she is mature enough to take.
I left the Hulk plants together as much as possible. I am looking forward to sampling pieces from up and down the stem.
A nice resource What Are Marijuana Foxtails? Good or Bad for Buds? | Grow Weed Easy

tempImageJGXYxn.png

tempImageWBODtX.png

She is down. Little bud dried 2 days is a little harsh but has some nice flavors already. The buds smell right for now. Sticky. Mine turned color because I over-dosed them with magnesium - Epsom salt, TWICE. I didn't mean to do that. Stoned math at 3 AM without my reading glasses. I bet a good dose of aluminum sulphate will make them bluer. Pick a mineral, overdose one and see what happens. You could kill your plant, it's Just a weed right.
Nice. Mine took atleast 4 days to get the smaller buds dry enough to smoke.thry were a little harsh bc its not cured yet but they smoked good and I was stoned! I can't wait to try some in a month+ in the Grove bags. I do have a crappy little "bonzi weed" plant that lives in a window that I experiment with. But I disagree about them just being a "weed", it took me many years to realize that if u treat it like a weed then that's what u will get. My bonsai is definitely just a weed, I will never smoke it bc it's going to be straight crap! But I put alot of time and effort into my other plants. I can't mess them up on experiments that don't make alot of sense lol I'm going to go with purpinator or get a strain that will turn purple without anything extra. Mint is a weed, you can use you pee to water it and I swear it will still grow with the same potential as using water.
PS:I have never tried to grow mint by only peeing on it. I was being sarcastic lol

Nice. Mine took atleast 4 days to get the smaller buds dry enough to smoke.thry were a little harsh bc its not cured yet but they smoked good and I was stoned! I can't wait to try some in a month+ in the Grove bags. I do have a crappy little "bonzi weed" plant that lives in a window that I experiment with. But I disagree about them just being a "weed", it took me many years to realize that if u treat it like a weed then that's what u will get. My bonsai is definitely just a weed, I will never smoke it bc it's going to be straight crap! But I put alot of time and effort into my other plants. I can't mess them up on experiments that don't make alot of sense lol I'm going to go with purpinator or get a strain that will turn purple without anything extra. Mint is a weed, you can use you pee to water it and I swear it will still grow with the same potential as using water.
PS:I have never tried to grow mint by only peeing on it. I was being sarcastic lol
One man's weed is another man's Girl Scout Cookies. A weed is a plant growing in the wrong spot.
I push the envelope on these plants and feed them an esoteric nutrients and supplements. I have a decent understanding if human physiology and attempt to find correlations with plants. This is the bases for my different approach to tent gardening. I think of them as patients. For example: If a patient came in with high calcium I would try to lower it to an appropriate level. With these plants the common thinking is to crash the system to nearly zero calcium (and everything else) and start over. This would shock a human patient and I think it bothers our plants as well. I am trying to take a less extreme approach. A might flush to lower the available nutrients and try to deal with why this occurred. Some will call this a half measure and that is correct.

I did them same thing with my reduced light b/4 harvest. I moved the light farther away in an attempt to reduce light damage to the trichs, IDK? Then into darkness for 36-48. My plants did not burst with frostiness as expected but, was it because they were already half way there? Another reason? Again IDK. The MTF/ATF now and the previous grow all plants responded as expected. I have read that articles that say over powering lights with LED's may be in part the cause of these anomalies. I did get another lamp that doubled my light. I may have too much light, I have no PAR meter.

One man's weed is another man's Girl Scout Cookies. A weed is a plant growing in the wrong spot.
I push the envelope on these plants and feed them an esoteric nutrients and supplements. I have a decent understanding if human physiology and attempt to find correlations with plants. This is the bases for my different approach to tent gardening. I think of them as patients. For example: If a patient came in with high calcium I would try to lower it to an appropriate level. With these plants the common thinking is to crash the system to nearly zero calcium (and everything else) and start over. This would shock a human patient and I think it bothers our plants as well. I am trying to take a less extreme approach. A might flush to lower the available nutrients and try to deal with why this occurred. Some will call this a half measure and that is correct.

I did them same thing with my reduced light b/4 harvest. I moved the light farther away in an attempt to reduce light damage to the trichs, IDK? Then into darkness for 36-48. My plants did not burst with frostiness as expected but, was it because they were already half way there? Another reason? Again IDK. The MTF/ATF now and the previous grow all plants responded as expected. I have read that articles that say over powering lights with LED's may be in part the cause of these anomalies. I did get another lamp that doubled my light. I may have too much light, I have no PAR meter.

I can see were your coming from. But only in the sense of you treat it like it's alive not so much like a person? I have two different lights and Getting a par meter definitely helped me learn my lights. Still... I am pretty sure I burnt the pistols on my mother clone bc I had the light intensity turned up to high. 90% of them are orange and shes in week 5 of flower. I had to turn the light up in order to get enough light to the other plants that were shorter. Now everything is about the same height so I turned it down a little. To get the correct ppfd all around.
About the 36 hours of darkness, this was my first time doing it. I personally noticed a difference, they feel "stickier" too. I'm thinking maybe yours just wasn't ready yet but idk? Lol looks like you got some hardy plants tho

I can see were your coming from. But only in the sense of you treat it like it's alive not so much like a person? I have two different lights and Getting a par meter definitely helped me learn my lights. Still... I am pretty sure I burnt the pistols on my mother clone bc I had the light intensity turned up to high. 90% of them are orange and shes in week 5 of flower. I had to turn the light up in order to get enough light to the other plants that were shorter. Now everything is about the same height so I turned it down a little. To get the correct ppfd all around.
About the 36 hours of darkness, this was my first time doing it. I personally noticed a difference, they feel "stickier" too. I'm thinking maybe yours just wasn't ready yet but idk? Lol looks like you got some hardy plants tho
I tell you what, that Bruce Banner is a beast. She takes a bout load of abuse. An amazing comic story.

About the PAR meter. I think we have the same lamp XS1500 and I also have one XS2000. What is the effective range you like for flower, I mean what is the sweet spot in inches? 12"-16" Is this too close?

About the PAR meter. I think we have the same lamp XS1500 and I also have one XS2000. What is the effective range you like for flower, I mean what is the sweet spot in inches? 12"-16" Is this too close?

You have Different lamps. I have the Mars hydro ts 1000 and Mars hydro fc3000. The 1000 I can have closer and have the intensity up higher. Say about 16-18 inches works to get 800-1000 ppfd on 100% intensity. In my tent I have the fc 3000 (it's a bar light) I have it about <18 inches and if I turn the intensity all the way up the ppfd is at like 1600+ ppfd in the middle and 1000 ppfd around the outside, so I run it at like 95% or so bc I cant raise it any higher.i want my ppfd just over 1000 in the middle, and no lower then 800ppfd around the outside. My 3000 I could have at like 22 inches to get the full intensity, that would give me more light penetration. I need a 7 foot tall tent (mines only 6)

Back
Top Bottom