Been Trying To Grow For Years - 2021 Was My First Harvest: On To Grow #2

So I have been Planning on chopping this girl scout cookies auto down tomorrow. It looks like alot of foggy trichomes and I think I see an amber one here and there, but She still has quite a bit of white pistols and Some trichomes still look clear. Thinking about giving it 24hrs of darkness before I Harvest. I heard it will help turn the pistols, helps the trichomes fog over, and it will "stack them on" Any knowledge on the matter is appreciated
IMG_20211224_121321992_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211224_121317110.jpg

IMG_20211224_120513120.jpg

Merry Christmas everyone ☃️

So I have been Planning on chopping this girl scout cookies auto down tomorrow. It looks like alot of foggy trichomes and I think I see an amber one here and there, but She still has quite a bit of white pistols and Some trichomes still look clear. Thinking about giving it 24hrs of darkness before I Harvest. I heard it will help turn the pistols, helps the trichomes fog over, and it will "stack them on" Any knowledge on the matter is appreciated

Hey @mjasmijs garden looks fantastic my friend.
The theory behind darkness is that the led,s degrade the tric's.
So by putting your lady into 36 hours of darkness before chop you give the tric's time to swell to the max.
Have a Merry Christmas.

Stay safe
Bill

Hey @mjasmijs garden looks fantastic my friend.
The theory behind darkness is that the led,s degrade the tric's.
So by putting your lady into 36 hours of darkness before chop you give the tric's time to swell to the max.
Have a Merry Christmas.

Stay safe
Bill
Thank you for the info. I just unplugged the light two hours ago. I'm going to wait 36 hrs then go chop her down and hang her up. Merry Christmas to you as well

Yea I'm not new by any means, I just sucked up untill I started a tent. I have been growing one or two plants (off and on) outside for about 10 years or so lmao I just could never grow anything to last till harvest. Always had an issue from the weather,animals, people stealing them, pests, both being males. but the best advice I got was

#1 learn how the plant your growing works.
#2 take criticism and learn from it
#3 never give up, experiment, and always try to do better

I'm prolly not the one to give advice bc The first one was an issue for me for a while I never used nutes untill this year haha I have gotten alot better since I got my tent. But still have some learning to do
Not advice, pitfalls and problems Looking at what might be the most troubling concerns for new indoor growers.

What happened to those with those pads? Did the plants survive?
Merry Christmas!
The plants in the jungle (tent) With the potential balls? They are still growing I decided to just keep them all going and if I get a bunch of seeds then oh well I'll make make a bunch of dry shake hash and start over. Count it towards another learning experience. I haven't seen any more since so I think it was just a female part without the white pistol and I was just worried. Hopefully anyway lol I planed on putting more of the jungle up today or tomorrow
Not advice, pitfalls and problems Looking at what might be the most troubling concerns for new indoor growers.
I have tried a couple indoor grows and had my dogs eat one, I put one in a bad window and it burned it till it died. This i my first year with a tent and the issues I have had are...
not having a ventilation fan before I started, fungus knats, and that plant with potential balls. I absolutely love the tent. As long as u have everything u need before you start, I feel like it's almost hard to mess up. I had to research lighting, that took a few minutes to understand but I get it now. (I'm still not that smart so I'm not sure what's it's actually called) ppfd/umols tester helped me a ton

I haven't opened up The jungle in a couple days. I think my light may have fried some of the pistols on the big clone. I have not seen anymore potential "balls" on her either
IMG_20211226_075954397.jpg

This freebie ak47 auto has always looked messed up and I'm not 100% why.
IMG_20211226_080012314.jpg

The 2nd freebie ak47 auto doing fantastic
IMG_20211226_080007289.jpg

Front view when I open the door. I did some more defolating but I can't tell (g13 front left, second clone front right, ak47's in the back)
IMG_20211226_080000495.jpg

IMG_20211226_075945155.jpg

I know nothing in Here is weighing and eating chickens yet, hopefully just give it time.

Merry Christmas everyone ☃️
I lost the storyline. Did you cut the GSC? I saw one grow was 64 days post 12/12. My GSC is still working @ 70. She is just taking in her special diet now.

The buds on the BB#3 look like I weigh the nutes.

tempImageRpzvpm.png
I feel really bad about my mistake here with Magnesium. You can see the damage on the upper leaves. If I had corrected sooner the plant would look prettier but the buds are still massive. BB#3 is a heavy feeder. I went back to read my notes. I absolutely hammered them with MgSO4. I have been playing with adding small amounts of Ca together with large amounts of amino acids and protein (egg white). The growth response was amazing as you can see. I can't wait to try this outside in the spring . Keeping those ion channels open.

I haven't opened up The jungle in a couple days. I think my light may have fried some of the pistols on the big clone. I have not seen anymore potential "balls" on her either
IMG_20211226_075954397.jpg

This freebie ak47 auto has always looked messed up and I'm not 100% why.
IMG_20211226_080012314.jpg

The 2nd freebie ak47 auto doing fantastic
IMG_20211226_080007289.jpg

Front view when I open the door. I did some more defolating but I can't tell (g13 front left, second clone front right, ak47's in the back)
IMG_20211226_080000495.jpg

IMG_20211226_075945155.jpg

I know nothing in Here is weighing and eating chickens yet, hopefully just give it time.
Now that’s a tent bursting with happiness!

:)

I lost the storyline. Did you cut the GSC? I saw one grow was 64 days post 12/12. My GSC is still working @ 70. She is just taking in her special diet now.

Lol yea it's all over The place in general on this thread. It's pretty funny/cool actually. but the gsc auto I decided to do 36hrs of dark before I chopped her down Christmas night, and she got really frosty. I can't get any good pictures so I didn't put then on lol I keep telling myself I chopped her to early again. But I seen most the trichomes turning foggy and getting an Amber one here and there so I did it. I really need to start defolating more bc I have a butt ton of popcorn nugs

on another topic Your plants look amazing. And I want the chickens your feeding them.

Before
IMG_20211225_231223312.jpg

After
IMG_20211226_083502610.jpg

I see someone is still looking for buddies who weigh chicken. Head to the gym, they don’t grow much there. But, you will find plenty of “bud’s” their that will teach you how to weigh their chicken. Lmfao
Keep talking about weed and chickens makes me think of u and your plants lol how are they doing? Feel free to share them on this this one if you didn't/can't get a story or what not going.

Lol yea it's all over The place in general on this thread. It's pretty funny/cool actually. but the gsc auto I decided to do 36hrs of dark before I chopped her down Christmas night, and she got really frosty. I can't get any good pictures so I didn't put then on lol I keep telling myself I chopped her to early again. But I seen most the trichomes turning foggy and getting an Amber one here and there so I did it. I really need to start defolating more bc I have a butt ton of popcorn nugs

on another topic Your plants look amazing. And I want the chickens your feeding them.

Before

After
I chopped some early. When the buds were fresh I would smoke and stand up with a rush of energy feeling like I was not high at all. Four months later smoking that same bud I would stand up and with a head rush and hold on to something. I really does get stronger, a lot stronger in a month or two.

Before

After
I am not good a trimming and training, all that. Those lower buds need to be plucked for two reasons. The plant has a limited amount of energy and it splits the energy equally between all the flowers. Plucking those larfy lower growths focuses growth into the upper parts of the plant. The other benefit of pinching off those lower buds is this stimulates additional growth hormones. There is probably a recommended rate to remove them, maybe every week or two?
My GSC is right behind yours and is busting to be harvested. I am thinking about light deprivation for 36-48 hours pre-harvest. For your GSC plunged into darkness for 36, what were they like afterwards compared to prior.

Back
Top Bottom