Been Trying To Grow For Years - 2021 Was My First Harvest: On To Grow #2

I am not good a trimming and training, all that. Those lower buds need to be plucked for two reasons. The plant has a limited amount of energy and it splits the energy equally between all the flowers. Plucking those larfy lower growths focuses growth into the upper parts of the plant. The other benefit of pinching off those lower buds is this stimulates additional growth hormones. There is probably a recommended rate to remove them, maybe every week or two?
My GSC is right behind yours and is busting to be harvested. I am thinking about light deprivation for 36-48 hours pre-harvest. For your GSC plunged into darkness for 36, what were they like afterwards compared to prior.
Hey @MAK1 Hope your having a good day.
Tric's naturally swell.
Led's degrade the tric's
If you deprive them of light the trics swell to their natural capacity.
Frosty Frosty Frosty.

Stay safe
Bill

I am not good a trimming and training, all that. Those lower buds need to be plucked for two reasons. The plant has a limited amount of energy and it splits the energy equally between all the flowers. Plucking those larfy lower growths focuses growth into the upper parts of the plant. The other benefit of pinching off those lower buds is this stimulates additional growth hormones. There is probably a recommended rate to remove them, maybe every week or two?
My GSC is right behind yours and is busting to be harvested. I am thinking about light deprivation for 36-48 hours pre-harvest. For your GSC plunged into darkness for 36, what were they like afterwards compared to prior.

Idk how to explain it but It got really "frosty" I still haven't had it in the actual light. I have only seen her under the flash light from my phone. I did notice more pistols turned orange. But 36 hrs some should turn orange anyway. I get the idea of cutting it off, I am just greedy honestly. I'm going to trim it up a little more tonight and separate it a little more.

As for feeding these girls, I overfed them. The genetics of the BB#3 make the flowers huge and the color to very interesting as well. GREEN like the Hulk. I don't know why I need to treat my pot plants like this. I would never risk a $5 bell pepper plant or anywhere in my veggie gardens. Marijuana is a very forgiving, easy to grow weed. Like poker, easy to learn and a lifetime to master. A Chef is only as good as his last meal.
My feeding program is a mess. Mix up recommendations from Fox Farms nutrient schedule and an NPK RAW feed schedule. Add to that everything I can think of from my kitchen, medicine cabinet, thoughts on animal physiology and plant physiology and come up with plant food recipe that looks as much like a cookie recipe as it does plant food. It is like precomposed add-ins. Do not try this at home, you may create a septic growth that you then need to correct.
I add lots of lemons some limes, molasses, acid treated egg shells, egg whites, fruit juice etc. Fruit juice? I added sour cherry juice to pH down on my final waterings now.
They are really soaking up water. A website said to saturate soil and then sort of flush to a 50% run off. Repeat in 2 days then water everyday until harvest. OMG the pots are nearly dry in under 24 hours. The end is near. Blind fold for 36 hours, guillotined hanged at sundown. Left for a week then Drawn and Quartered later to be burned into ashes. WOW!

Tric's naturally swell.
Led's degrade the tric's
Frosty Frosty Frosty.

Stay safe
Bill
OK. One went into darkness the others are a day or so out. Instead of total darkness what about moving the lights a lot farther away or turning down the wattage output considerably. Thoughts.

OK. One went into darkness the others are a day or so out. Instead of total darkness what about moving the lights a lot farther away or turning down the wattage output considerably. Thoughts.
It's a half measure.
They don't need complete darkness just away from LED lights.
Led's cause degradation of tric's.

Stay safe
Bill

They are yours to play with and experiment. Take in what info u want and do what u will my friend. Just share the outcome if u can. I think I'm going to do total darkness for 36 hours from now on. I started wet trimming last night and omg! Absolutely Beautiful! Dang near looks like it snowed, because the buds are almost white and bursting with trichomes. I trimmed half the plant and had a whole bowl of "3rd world hash" off my scissors. that was awesome lol

They are yours to play with and experiment. Take in what info u want and do what u will my friend. Just share the outcome if u can. I think I'm going to do total darkness for 36 hours from now on. I started wet trimming last night and omg! Absolutely Beautiful! Dang near looks like it snowed, because the buds are almost white and bursting with trichomes. I trimmed half the plant and had a whole bowl of "3rd world hash" off my scissors. that was awesome lol
I forgot to take a before photo of the first plant, she is an overripe MTF. I'll get some before and after pictures for the GSC, BB#3, and the weirdo BB#3. Up until a few dats ago they were all very symmetrical buds. Now they look all gnarly with plenty of flowers growing like foxtails.
The way you describe the frostiness has me nearly twitching with nervous excitement to see what comes out of the box.

I forgot to take a before photo of the first plant, she is an overripe MTF. I'll get some before and after pictures for the GSC, BB#3, and the weirdo BB#3. Up until a few dats ago they were all very symmetrical buds. Now they look all gnarly with plenty of flowers growing like foxtails.
The way you describe the frostiness has me nearly twitching with nervous excitement to see what comes out of the box.
Lol i Can't wait to see myself, and they ain't even mine. I will have to try and get some pictures of the buds when I get home. I really do suck at pictures tho

Omg I legit had no idea I could turn my mars light up and down, not even joking. I just plugged it in and turned it on!

So obvi I’m no good when it comes to advice lollllll

Omg I legit had no idea I could turn my mars light up and down, not even joking. I just plugged it in and turned it on!

So obvi I’m no good when it comes to advice lollllll
OMG T you make me laugh without even trying.
Did you meet the new member from Australia yet?
DV8 what a great screen name.

Stay safe
Bill

2022 is going to be awesome. Day 5 with the gsc auto hanging. Temp stays at 65°f and humidity stays around 45%-55%. I plan to do more trimming before I put buds into Grove bags to cure
Screenshot_20211230-115757.png
Screenshot_20211230-115621.png

On another note this clone (I call her Jackie's weed) in the jungle is starting to look like it needs heavier chickens. Lol hopefully she keeps bulking up. She's in Week 5 of flower. The rest of the jungle is also looking good
IMG_20211230_115849117_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211230_115838069_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211230_115829204_HDR.jpg

Happy upcoming new year everyone hope everyone is as exited as I am.

Haha this has prolly happened so many times and I didnt even realize it. I'm Pretty sure my plants are metal heads
Wow, that GSC looks pretty. I believe plants respond differently if we tend to them when in a good mood versus when in a bad mood. The aura of plants is a pretty interesting subject. Your happy aura benefits the plants aura. Play music that make you smile and reward your plants.
No, I didn't stat at a Holiday Inn Express last night. "My parents were hippies."

Wow, that GSC looks pretty. I believe plants respond differently if we tend to them when in a good mood versus when in a bad mood. The aura of plants is a pretty interesting subject. Your happy aura benefits the plants aura. Play music that make you smile and reward your plants.
No, I didn't stat at a Holiday Inn Express last night. "My parents were hippies."

She sure does. It is a pretty interesting subject. I believe it has more to do with vibrations and less to do with mood or sound. It's the idea that sounds, like music or your voice, make the vibration that the plants react to. It's good to talk to your plants bc they also like carbon dioxide. Lmao my parents aren't hippies but my wife is

She sure does. It is a pretty interesting subject. I believe it has more to do with vibrations and less to do with mood or sound. It's the idea that sounds, like music or your voice, make the vibration that the plants react to. It's good to talk to your plants bc they also like carbon dioxide. Lmao my parents aren't hippies but my wife is
Three different things. 1) sound waves from musics, 2) increased CO2, 3) the Aura of living things. When I started seeing auras and how they can be manipulated it changed my understanding of physiology. In nearly all cases throughout human existence, if something can be imagined there is someone that will make it happen.
What I mean "My parents were hippies" is more like todays subsistence living farmers. Off the grid? There was no grid yet and they lived away from town. Not the counter culture hippies, the hippies that are happy with what ever they have, peace, love, and community, without drugs. Maybe my parents were more hippie adjacent. They made everything to have many uses.

Tric's naturally swell.
Led's degrade the tric's
Frosty Frosty Frosty.

Stay safe
Bill
After 36 plus hours of darkness my results are not very impressive. There must be more to the story. Perhaps my timing was off. None of the plants pooped as expected. There was some additional frostiness and the scope showed a small increase in gland size, everything in slower motion with this strain.
I have been waiting for amber trichomes to show up. This strains trichomes don't turn amber.

Back
Top Bottom