Beginners grow UK

One thing I should say just in case you're interested is that different lights in my opinion are better in the UK for different times. LED is good in Summer as the plants need a leaf temperature of minimum 85F to transpire, so 85F ambient room temperature is great as LED's don't fire heat downwards towards the plants as efficiently as HPS, and I find easier to maintain than the 80F room temperature needed for HPS. On the other hand the opposite is true in Winter and HPS is great again, although probably more expensive to run :thumb:

I looking to invest soon in some led's but I got the entire set up for less than £200 so I'm not complaining just need to get extra bits ie extra fan and the led's my friend just popped me a resivour and buckets with feeders so going to test them on the barneys when there ready just taking my time I'm not in it for money need bud for myself sick of the dealers and low life's with it as I'm ill so I need medicine as the docs wanna pump me with tablets I wanna sooth the pain with natural remedies

Sent from my iPhone using 420

It's a hard conversation to make but I have family who help with advice but I also like to ask other people's opinions on here as there's a lot of people who know there crops

I know exactly what you mean, I started growing after I moved to a new area and either had a drought or bought shit weed from people more interested in selling me coke. It's not hard to make decent ganja and step away from all the bollox but stealth is everything, seriously I can't stress that enough. Even though it's harmless it's still governed by law here, tell nobody that doesn't need to know and make sure they're of the same mind. Stay safe and may your buds be bountiful :thumb:

i noticed that u said about the heat in the uk at the mo as i live here too would that cause newly planted seedlings leaves to point up? Any help would be apreciated? Thank you

Some of the chaps on here might know fella I'm new to it aswell but do u have a pic so we could see that's prob the best thing to do and someone wil replie ..️.

Thanks for the response and i hope wat u got going on it good and not havin problems with the heat in the uk atm haha i will take a pic when i get back a post it up.

420-magazine-mobile1424076926.jpg
420-magazine-mobile179593892.jpg
420-magazine-mobile40514386.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1870191520.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1738334371.jpg

I have two strains the smallest two plants are strawberry ammo which since i have moved to bigger pots the last few days haven\'t grown atall and the biggest is special kush. I noticed that the past two days with the heat in the uk a few leaves uave curled up and some tips have yellow on them.. I apreciate any help that can be given thanks

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I think the heat is getting to the leaves that's why there curling up like that I think but that because mine did it but I took up the ballast a bit more so the heat wasn't so close

420-magazine-mobile1424076926.jpg
420-magazine-mobile179593892.jpg
420-magazine-mobile40514386.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1870191520.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1738334371.jpg

I have two strains the smallest two plants are strawberry ammo which since i have moved to bigger pots the last few days haven\'t grown atall and the biggest is special kush. I noticed that the past two days with the heat in the uk a few leaves uave curled up and some tips have yellow on them.. I apreciate any help that can be given thanks

When leaves start curling up at the sides like a canoe you have problems with heat stress, when they curl up on themselves like that the issue is pretty major, you need to bring those temps down as fast as you can.

Personally I'm heading towards COB LED's (there are some in my current journal) as they have better penetration plus run more efficiently meaning less wasted energy being put out as heat instead of light, as you have probably already seen recently temperatures can be a pain in the arse to control sometimes and more efficient lights help control those high temps :thumb:

Thank you for the reply and i am struggling with the heat at the moment i have changed the lights from 400w to 240w for the meantime to keep the temp down. I think i am going to go down the led route next time and see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom