Beginners grow UK

Got a message from admin saying there going to delete my thread because I asking about the led lighting thing wow never knew this site was so strict I wasn't promoting anything I was asking advice on what would be best to use for the plants Sad really as I definitely wasn't promoting anything I just wanted the best opinion and some advice

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Ok panic over there not deleting my thread the deleted the post of the pic I put up of the led's to ask for advice how's everyone's doing today I need some more advise I put some crap soil in one of the pot now I can see tiny little fly bugs in the pot coming in and out of the soil only thing is that soil wasn't canna coco soil are they all infested and do I need to get rid of it and all of the others ?

They dont mind u mentioning led,s if there a sponsor here.but if not a sponsor u aint allowed to discuss led,s really.well u can just dont go into to much detail.admin are strict mate. But thats how it is;)

Yea I understand that now lol just I didn't think of it that way. Any ideas on how I can get rid of these little buggers in my plants they look like little flies going in about of my soil I used a bad batch of soil like a dick not canna but that plant looks not so good any way it's only that one though I think

Yea look like little flys I knew I should never of used it unless it was canna but I rushed it doesn't look like the others have it just this one atm

For the plant with what I'm going to assume are Fungus Gnats there are various ways of treating it. You could use Mosquito Dunks crumbled onto the soil then watered in to kill the larvae, the yellow sticky fly traps stuck around the plant to kill the adult flies or my personal favourite is to blow some Diatomaceous Earth over the soil in the pot and this will rip up both the adults and the larvae, it's pretty cheap to buy online too. Those larvae feed on your plant's roots and that's probably why it's looking unwell but no need to panic so long as you treat them one way or another. Damn, if you decide to go the organic growing route you will get used to the wildlife being around a lot :thumb:

I no my pal said that aswell he said go hydro but just money stopping me really I'm gunna order it now fs just my luck lol when I water them it does drain from the bottom I think it was that bad soil also cuz it was like a miracle grow one feeds it etc but that one is tiny compared to others might just get rid of it

57fb2b6cbc94630c8ad0cb79400aa440.jpg

DE comes in only two types, pest grade and food grade. You should buy food grade as it's not only the best for your needs but it's also fit for human consumption, which means no nasty surprises if any is left on your buds ;)

Does anyone know how to cure heat stress? My one plant has what i believe to be heat stress i have lowered the temp and changed lighting from 400w to 240w and the temp is around 30c but seems to be gettin worse? Any help is appreciated thanks

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

The only way to reduce heat is by lowering the light output (not good) or by increasing air movement, but you have the problem that if the ambient temperature is high then it goes without saying that the temps near the light will be higher. Maximise your airflow as best as you can, bear in mind that cold air meets warm air so best to circulate some from a cooler area towards your grow area.

Also to strengthen your plants against heat stress (or many forms of stress for that matter) you can use something that contains seaweed or kelp which will help the plant to combat stress. Personally I use Humboldt's Secret Golden Tree but it is really expensive, you could try BioBizz Fishmix which is much more reasonably priced but cannot be used in flower, or look around your local gardening centre as they usually have some seaweed based additives just because they are simply that good :thumb:

Get some desktop fans from your local grow shop I got two the other day 4 £20 with different speeds put ur hand under neath the lamp near ur plants and if it two hot move it up will it's just warm u also need cold air from out side and ur filter sucking the hot air out these guys will know more

Thanks for the advice ill give seaweed extract a go and i will get another fan this evening.. Once i have controlled the temperature i will switch the ballast back to 400w and hope for the best .

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom