Best LED on the market?

Words from a first time LED grower who used our PAR-FORCE phosphor blend LEDs in an 8 x 8 grid.

[video]

as I mentioned before I am biased haha so take it from a grower these lights pound the PAR light

Nice vid but I would love to see the lab test results. Also you might want to consider getting a mic on a boom, the sound is too muffled whenever the guy turns away from the camera. I'm tempted to try the lights out though :) I was tempted to set up distribution for a different company on here for a short while but I don't quite think they're at the stage I want them to be just yet. If that's something you may be interested in discussing in the future just let me know. I have a couple of shops with the room for these, I just want the lights and business practices to be solid before committing to anything. All the best :thumb:

That Par-Force is pretty cool but I can see someone accidentally ripping those wires hooking the PCB boards up right off the dang panels, :laughtwo:

Am curious to see comparisons vs Platinums or Advanceds.

That Par-Force is pretty cool but I can see someone accidentally ripping those wires hooking the PCB boards up right off the dang panels, :laughtwo:

Am curious to see comparisons vs Platinums or Advanceds.

jumper cable wires are super stable... no worries they lock into place nicely

Both your points taken though and we appreciate the great feedback.. thx

I am an accomplished hand made builder of tube amplifiers and light systems for MH and HPS. I have a question for you SmokeSara: Why couldn't I make my own power source for these LEDs using a simple AC Power Transformer with diode rectifier and capacitor filter DC voltage? I have seen several examples of hand built LED lights but they all use manufactured Constant Current drivers or LED Drivers so they are still relying on a manufacturer for the quality and specifications of these drivers. It seems like the drivers are the weak point, why?

:peace:

Because and no offence Sara, the Chinese are not very good at engineering when it comes to electronics and I say this from experience as one who has worked over there and was shocked and appalled to see how lacking in knowledge they are, and that goes for the bigger companies too...There is only a handful of companies in China who know what they are doing, the lower tier companies try to copy from that and each other, so when mistakes are made these get copied into the products too unfortunately.

Also there is an economy of scale so you build something with lack of technical know how, using cheap inferior parts in order to keep your costs low, then ultimately you are going to end up with a low quality product it's that simple !!!

Because and no offence Sara, the Chinese are not very good at engineering when it comes to electronics and I say this from experience as one who has worked over there and was shocked and appalled to see how lacking in knowledge they are, and that goes for the bigger companies too...There is only a handful of companies in China who know what they are doing, the lower tier companies try to copy from that and each other, so when mistakes are made these get copied into the products too unfortunately.

Also there is an economy of scale so you build something with lack of technical know how, using cheap inferior parts in order to keep your costs low, then ultimately you are going to end up with a low quality product it's that simple !!!

I don't think a generalisation can be too good when it comes to this subject johncannased. As it stands the Mars-Hydro thread has around 900 pages mainly of happy customers, people that have used them for some time and even some of the bigger growers in the industry. I own them myself too. I can't say that I was overwhelmed with them but there again I have nothing but HPS to compare them against, this is why I'm looking to purchase another so that I can do a head to head comparison of different brands. There again I can also say that they work, they do the job and I've also had no problems at all with the lights themselves so far (long may it last). They're also just about to release their Cree SUN LED which people are reviewing for them at the moment, it looks so far so good. Also Kind won the LED of the year award last year, not sure who gave the award for that though. Could we not just stick to trying to find the best LED on the market rather than flaming other companies because of personal second hand experience? I think that would be much more beneficial to us all ;)

I don't think a generalisation can be too good when it comes to this subject johncannased. ;)

Hey Kriaze how's it going?

Just to clear things up my claim is not a generalisation it is based upon fact:Namaste:

Having worked within the industry I can tell you a thing or two about what really goes on, I have been in this game for near on two decades as a grower and now a developer, I have the technical know how of how to build high quality Lamps and I intend to enter into the market place real soon, after many many years of thorough research and development now finally happy that the technology is truly there, I have even written a guide around this subject which may actually shock you.

I could have chosen to enter into the market place much earlier but I felt that would have been unscrupulous, you want to see the best then watch this space, in fact message me your details and in about 3 months time I will give you one of my prototypes to test, and by all means put it up against anything in the industry today, that is how confident I am in what I am developing:thumb:

Hey john. :Namaste: If you worked for Mars-Hydro I apologise. That's fact straight from the horses mouth. If you didn't though, you shouldn't consider it as fact yourself. Be fair here please, for the benefit of us all. I'd be happy to review your light too, if you can accept pure honesty :thumb:

Howdy Kraize:Namaste:

Let me quickly clear things up No I do not work for Mars and No I did not personally call Mars out either if you re-read my posts, I simply stated that the Chinese in general are not very good when it comes to electronical engineering and this I know first hand having worked alongside a few companies there, this is a fact that is even recognized over there so it would be nice if you took on board what I am saying as it's the truth. If you remember or maybe you don't the whole reason LED tech got a bad name in the first place was due to mainly Chinese companies trying to cash in on false claims.

They have a different standard over there, stuff they put out we would not even dream of here in the UK as it simply would not pass CE requirements and we would be in serious trouble if the product left our establishment and went on to burn somebodies house down......You want to know what is the best LED on the market, so I will ask you if you consider a company that has driver failures within a 3 year period as satisfactory????..........Because by UK standards this is not acceptable, people are paying good money for these lights and on the whole they are not getting value.

xtrchessreal asked why the drivers are a weak point, and as I know the majority of them "Are" coming from China I gave him the insider knowledge as to why and it is all factual......For one example why did Indagrow have to make their own drivers???.....Why does Jk (Chinese company who is good) not fear any of it's competitors???

To quote Sara by her own words, what is she implying in her statement below???

I do believe you have read a lot Stevio, thak you very much. We are working very hard on improving our driver qulity,. we have changed driver supplier at the end of 2014, so we are checking if the new driver sppplier is great. I am worrying I can not read all the topic here on 420magazine. so if you read anyone who has driver problem, please send me the link, I will check their order details ASAP, then forward the message to our factory. I know we can not keep the defect rate at zero, but we would like to keep it lower and lower.:) Thanks for your help.

In my book the best is all about quality and delivering on what the product promised and that is what I intend to deliver. So I honestly do welcome you to be as critical of my product as you can:thumb:, because believe me before I put it out in the public domain it will have been well and truly scrutinized and has already gone through many many generations to get to a standard that I now feel is finally acceptable for the people to try, that is how seriously I am taking this:Namaste:

Thanks for the messages guys, cannot let on too much in public for now, but I promise to keep you all posted, for now though as they say watch this space lol :Namaste:

Hey guys , just purchased a 350 xml advance , I also have a spectrum king 300 led also Under a 1000 dollars , it's early days but the spectrum king seems to be working wonders , has anyone used this led before , seems the shit to me , well imo

PAR-FORCE LED grow finishing up this week we will post the yield and potency metric results next week. Going up against 1000w HPS in 8x8 grids.... LEDs are getting super nasty
SGT_PAR-FORCE_030.jpg

I wanted to chime in to the original question... what LED is best?

This is a subjective question, as the "best" for one person my not be the "best" for another.

I've used Mar's hydro, intelligent Gro and now advanced led, and I have to say that the "best" panel for me is the Advanced LED XTE. The reason I say this is they are the most solid built panels yet, have premium LED chips, have an excellent thermal design which keeps case temp down, run extremely quiet, put up the high PAR numbers that I like.

Now is this the best panel on the market, it definitely is up there in terms of quality, however it does cost more than most "economy" based panels. I highly recommend Advanced LED for those that can afford them and you wont be disappointed.

wow what a wonderful site , having grown outdoors for 25+years my head is spinning from all the knowledge i have taken in (or tried to). so first off thanks to Kriaze for welcoming me, second my room will be 3 x 4 x 8 ft. but it is above a set of steps so the 4ft. long will be partly on an angle soo what size and how many xtes should i get and how many plants will that support ? i welcome all answers but i must say Icemund has blown me away with not only his attention to detail but also his knowledge of so many different subjects related to growing. once again thanks to everyone for helping me toward my first indoor grow.

Back
Top Bottom