BHO or bubble hash?

some of mine :passitleft:

IMG_088040.JPG

IMG_088149.JPG

IMG_088335.JPG

IMG_088540.JPG

Yoooo @420 has unrestricted BHO apparently and have even started a section. No doubt so that people can be guided safely rather than finding dodgy guides and blowing themselves the F up.
Sooo
*WARNING BUTANE IS OBVIOUSLY VERY FLAMMABLE AND IF DONE IN ENCLOSED SPACES EXPLOSIVE. DONT BE A DIP SHIT. ENSURE EXCELLENT VENTILATION OR BETTER YET DO IT OUTDOORS SOMEWHERE. NO NAKED FLAMES AAAAANYWHERE NEAR ANYTHING YOU ARE DOING. KEEP EM GREEN AND BE SAFE CHILDREN*

thank you @420 we love you

You guys are killing me with the hash and extractions. I have quite a bit of flower that I would like to reduce to one of the two. I haven't had hash in like 25 years. I did find a local source for dry ice. I might give it a go. I will have to research the method a little more.
Bubble hash is awesome. Soooo easy and non lethal lol

Right im about to purchase EITHER a bho kit or bubble bags. Just wanna get a general consensus and a feel for some pros and cons. Please be honest about cons aswell people :D
Pros to BHo....
If done properly and SAFELY.

a cleaner product.
A more potent product
A more flavorful product

Pros to bubble...
Its quicker
It's cheaper
You'll get "more" (at less concentrated levels
Its solventless
Its safer

Cons to BHO.
Without a vac your smoking butane at some level. Even with one your product will have have trace amounts.

It takes longer. 2 3 hours for extraction and purge and a min of 12 under heat and vac.

The initial cost to set up is more.

It's volatile, meaning you can blow your shit up..... so know your saftey procedure!!!

Cons to bubble.

Less concentrated.

Water is the least desirable compound you want left in your concentrate.

Boiling point is far too high and it's a biznatch to remove moisture.

Less flavor.

Just whacked my white cookies I'll share some pics upon extraction time

:passitleft:
Haven't had the black and brown/green inside in a long time. I recently purchased some that was uniform color what's the deal between the two? Inside color being different? Thats some nice work.
Whatever you purchased was likely cut off a block much like weaselcrackers :p

:passitleft:
Haven't had the black and brown/green inside in a long time. I recently purchased some that was uniform color what's the deal between the two? Inside color being different? Thats some nice work.

Yeah Turbo explained it. The outside layer turns black from the air. If you work it a lot and keep folding/mixing it you’ll get solid black/dark brown stuff. The higher grade hash tends to start out paler.

Heard that. I used the 3 bags last run with the last bag being the usual last bag. But ive since realised that bag also catches the most impurities. So next time ill use 4 and keep the last bags catch seperate from the rest
Yeah Turbo explained it. The outside layer turns black from the air. If you work it a lot amd keep folding/mixing it you’ll get solid black stuff. The higher grade hash tends to start out paler.

I don’t usually bother with the finest (25 micron) bag. It’s a pain to drain and the product isn’t much good anyway. If I’m going to use it I use it last and only once after running the other ones 3 or 4 times.

I don’t usually bother with the finest (25 micron) bag. It’s a pain to drain and the product isn’t much good anyway. If I’m going to use it I use it last and only once after running the other ones 3 or 4 times.
Super pain to drain. First run took about 45 mins 2nd run took more like 3 or 4 hours lol

I lift and drop/jerk the bags to drain them. They only takes a couple minutes- except for the finest one which may take five or so. It really doesn’t seem to drain much with gravity alone.

I lift and drop/jerk the bags to drain them. They only takes a couple minutes- except for the finest one which may take five or so. It really doesn’t seem to drain much with gravity alone.
I think where i was leaving it in the bucket to drain aswell it caused a kind of vaccuum

Sometimes also I use something like a wooden spoon to stir and work the mix in the bag to drain it faster. I find the whole hash making thing to be quite a lot of work and try to make the process go as quick as possible.

Right im about to purchase EITHER a bho kit or bubble bags. Just wanna get a general consensus and a feel for some pros and cons. Please be honest about cons aswell people :D
I’m going to try to make bubble hash this winter I think

Bho tried it not for me plus machine was faulty maybe I’ll try it again later

Sometimes also I use something like a wooden spoon to stir and work the mix in the bag to drain it faster. I find the whole hash making thing to be quite a lot of work and try to make the process go as quick as possible.
Yer i was mixing it aswell to stop it settling in the bottom which makes it harder to drain. Its worth the effort in the end though i think.

Yer i was mixing it aswell to stop it settling in the bottom which makes it harder to drain. Its worth the effort in the end though i think.
Maybe I just haven't ran as much material for this to happen, but I got the all mesh bubble bags from BubbleBagDude and they drain super fast.

The part of the process I hate the most is separating the grades while my hands are freezing cold. I've always made it in like a 50 degree room with water that was barely above freezing. Hands will hurt constantly at those kind of temperatures.

But I still find it a lot better than risking blowing myself up in a cloud of flammable vapor.

Weasel how much material do you put into your runs? I think the max I've put in so far is about 4 or 5 ounces of nug. Got about 20 grams out of that all together.

Back
Top Bottom