Big Bang Auto - First Grow

:) that's a big relief! thanks man!

I will return with another update when needed and when relevant.

All the best to you!

trznk

Hey there fellow growers!:)

I am back because of a little concern I am having. I apologize in advance for the quality of the pics but my other phone is still broken...

I noticed a white dust on some of the leaves. It seems to stain them. Could it be the paint from my balconies' walls? Don't know how that could have gotten there... or could it be the sign of a bigger problem?:-s

Other than that they seem to be doing great. Will start feeding flowering nutes next week and hopefully my first grow will turn out to be a success.:)

I hope you enjoy the pics and have a great day!;)

trznk

10092014038.jpg

10092014039.jpg

10092014040.jpg

10092014041.jpg

10092014042.jpg

10092014043.jpg

high wishes to you friend trznk

it looks like mould (i can't assure it because your images are not very clear), but this is what i found (hope it is not your case friend)

Powdery mildew is one of the most widespread plant pests. The spores are in the air or on contaminated plants in the garden and can easily be drawn to your plants.

it can be detected by the white-coating on leaves and shoot tips, which will eventually die. Plants affected by this disease and wilting plants should be removed from the garden if you don't want the spores to spread.

The first signs of powdery mildew are small circular white spots:
MD-04.jpg

infection progression:
MD-03.jpg

advanced mildew infection:
MD-01.jpg

oh crap man! I think that's it! Problem is that it's on at least 1 leaf of every plant... still small but what can I do mate?

here ase some organic Sprays you can use mate:

Sulfur is highly effective against powdery mildew. Seven to fourteen (7-14) days between applications.

Garlic (high sulfur levels) and water spray. Crush or use blender four to five (4-5) cloves of garlic. Add to one (1) gallon spring water.

Baking Soda Spray-

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 quart water

2-3 drops liquid soap (surfactant) helps spray to stick to leaves (top and underside)

2-3 drops vegetable oil (olive, canola) helps contain spores

Put in spray bottle, shake well and spray plants every four to five (4-5) days. Spray both sides of leaves. You must use proper timing when applying fungicides--it is critical.

Why baking soda solution works: This solution changes the pH balance on the surface of the leaves, making the environment unsuitable for the fungus, Powdery Mildew, to proliferate.

you also need to change some climate conditions for your plants ,for example, you can water early in the morning, so your plants have all day to dry and it wont be very moist during night, remember it is a fungus and it loves cool, dark, humid places.

increase the airflow within your plants by adding an oscillating fan to where your plants are, so they are very ventilated.

:) Thanks a lot for the advice mate! I went to a garden store today and I bought a spray that is specifically made for this type of fungus.

I usually watered in the afternoon but I will change that. Also got a fan that I will set in place so that it provides the needed airflow. I hope the fungus will disappear as soon as possible because the plants are early in flowering and I would go berzerk if the nugs will rot.

Finger crossed!:p

Have a great day man!

trznk

you also need to change some climate conditions for your plants ,for example, you can water early in the morning, so your plants have all day to dry and it wont be very moist during night, remember it is a fungus and it loves cool, dark, humid places.

increase the airflow within your plants by adding an oscillating fan to where your plants are, so they are very ventilated.

Spot on advice !!!..... Totally agree... You need to get some more air movement going, to help prevent it.... Really hope you get it cured quickly... Best of luck

the spray is called total treatment from a belgian company named super plant. Sprayed it on about 3 hours ago and the leaves are now completely clean of that crap!:D I couldn't be more relieved.

trznk

Hello again fellow farmers!:p I hate the camera on this phone!!!

That being said, I am happy to announce that I started feeding yesterday!:) The girls seem to love it!:D I started with a little less than 1/2 dose. And combined with the treatment spray they seem to be thriving. They are early in flowering as you can see in the crappy blurry pics. And there is also Arita eagerly awaiting harvest day!;) As am I!

Enjoy the pics if you can and have a holly jolly day!:)

trznk

15092014052.jpg

15092014051.jpg

15092014050.jpg

15092014049.jpg

15092014048.jpg

15092014047.jpg

15092014046.jpg

15092014045.jpg

15092014044.jpg

06092014031.jpg

Guys, I have an urgent question: I can order Iguana juice and big bud from AN. These are the only flowering products I found here. Which one should I get? Or should I use both as I read somewhere that they are very effective together?

Thanks peeps!;)

trznk

:D good to know guys! So here's the update then:

got Iguana juice as a base of nutrients and the Big Bud as a nug enhancer. Fed once at 3/4 dose and at the next watering I will go with the full dose. The girls seem to love it. I hope you enjoy the crappy pics of my little jungle. I can't believe I have made it this far.:)
They are well into flowering. About 3 weeks I would guess because I don't know how long the preflower period is... So I am halfway there!:D Tried to take some closeups but this camera is just too lousy, sorry about that.

Thanks a lot for sticking around and for the help and advice. As a reward I will take pics with a better cam and post them sometime this week!;)

Have a great day!

Trent

23092014056.jpg

23092014055.jpg

23092014054.jpg

23092014053.jpg

Back
Top Bottom