Big buds? First time grower

Hi, the migro 400 is the same as a 600w hps
maybe get a closer pic or two of a couple buds so we can have a look at the pistils.
doing a defol past wk 2 is not a good idea. i never defol past 20% of the leaves, it's always more than you think.

the key to big buds is big light. the migro cobs pull about 400w. it's not bad, but if you're in a 4 x 4 you could up the game a touch. i run 600w worth of cob in a tad over a 3 x 3 and use active dimming. my veg rig only runs 200w and change.

Good morning @Madic12 hope your having a good day.
If you read somewhere that your 400w LED is equivalent to a 600w hps I'd be leary of that.
Although that might be a great cob light, without any actual comparison test results I'd be open-minded. :Namaste:
Looks like it has a nice foot print though.

Stay safe
Bill

It looks like a banging light :thumb: don't get me wrong.
It's just I've seen these type of adds before.
And they are misleading.
I just thought reading an independent test would give you a better idea of quality before buying something. :Namaste:
But as you have purchased it already I'll say congrats.
Hopefully you get the best harvest ever. :woohoo:
What size tent that baby going in?

Stay safe
Bill

only in their claims. it's not a bad rig but i suspect the kelvin is a bit too blue. i couldn't find any figures for the k. your best flower rigs will run a mix between 2700 - 3500k. i suspect you've got a couple 4000k or higher in there aimed at
veg.

if you are in a 4 x 4 there is also a bit of room to go bigger. in my space i'd be using all of that 400w. i run a 600w rig and dial back with dimming. i usually run about 450w or a bit higher in flower. it makes a difference having the head room.

i run a flower bias on my rigs with a mix of 3000k and 3500k cobs. anything higher than 3500k is creeping in to veg only territory. a dedicated veg rig would run a mix of 4000 and 4500k. i do know folk who run a mix of 4000 and 3500k that do decent in flower, it's just easier with the lower k.

i also run more cobs at lower watt over fewer at higher. you're running about 100w per whereas mine are 50w per. it simply helps to even out the light.

These migro cobs are the companies old tech ( about five years old) ,decent for the time.
Micro array is their new tech, more like bar lights and a better price for better performance imo.
Have a search for migro array if that's the company you like.

Plants look great & appear early to mid flower at best Mmm 4 to 5 weeks at a guess ?

They normally pack on mass in the last few weeks or when the first pistils start to turn orange :thumb:

I read some comment about bud rot, but at this stage of growth is when spores start getting into your bud this would only happen if your RH or relative humidity is super high well above 70% you may need to monitor that during lights on/off as a precaution of your growing environment.

The actual rot normally appears in the last few weeks of flowering.

Sorry no comment about led / yield I'm old school HPS.

Yo Medic, how things going man,?

As for the Migro. My cob light i made has Migro type LEDs, ( Luminus cobs ) and they are great. but i used 2x3500k 90cri and 2x4500 80cri, but they were 22mm and not the 32mm that Migro used. But still, great LEDs, ( 75 watts i had them maxed to the driver, so 300 watts at wall total) and they did a great job.

Back
Top Bottom