Bigger buds

Hashashin

I'm having some questions about how to get bigger buds.

I'm running 3 600w hps in a 10x11 area for flowering.

I have co2 and a pretty extensive nute line up.

No complaints except yield. And mostly bud size.

Any pointers ?

Oh I'm growing in dirt. Promix.

They are 3gallon pots. I'm about to try smart pots.

Nonetheless the buds themself aren't the biggest (they aren't tiny buy I need em huge)

I'm having some questions about how to get bigger buds.

I'm running 3 600w hps in a 10x11 area for flowering.

I have co2 and a pretty extensive nute line up.

No complaints except yield. And mostly bud size.

Any pointers ?

hey hashashin what strain, and what are you giving them for nutes?

Og kush and vanilla kush.

I'm usuing humblot line. Except for the base nutes I just got a cheaper line.

Is there a certain nute that helps with bud size?

word im not to familiar with the humblot line but have heard good things about it. i use fox farm myself. i would look into ''blackstrap'' molasses i use it in conjunction with flower nutes. just make sure its unsulphured molasses. be carefull not not over fertilize with it, it can bring up your potassium to unsafe levels when used with heavy nutes. good luck bro

Lights mean very little inless ya into watts/lumen per square foot, over kill can be deprimental to the holy cause of big bud...

May be you would be kind of enough to tell us what nutrients you use and what brands etc.

• Any pre flower boosters used ?
  • Last stage boosters used etc ?
  • Strain of MJ & seed company to anticapated yield depending on growing style, sog, scrog. LST etc etc plants per square meter can lead to end yield & other enviromental factors.

Saying i'm not happy with my small bud is like small willy, big willy syndrome... get over it, every grow is different rolf :thumb:

use ginormous in flower untill week six then switch to deuce duece till flush you should also try there base nutes oneness would work great in your soil

Your problem I believe is not enough light.... 3x 600w isn't big enough to give optimum lighting to a 10x10 room.... a 600w is good for about a 3.5x3.5 area...you should have at least 4 in that size room...

How long are you letting them veg? are you letting them get to at least 24" before flowering? a bigger base to grow on will produce bigger buds...

Did you just grow the plants or did you include training like LST, supercropping, topping..etc? this will help increase your yield by creating more tops to flower on...

Are you using anything to speed up nutrient availability and uptake for the plants? you should add in some humic and fulvic acids, which will help with nutrient availability, and overall help with size...also adding some ecto/endo mycos to your soil will help this nutrient breakdown and exchange and aid in larger harvests...

Do you have your light's too far from the plants.... ? lights as they move further away from an object lose intensity by x4....so lets say at 18 inches you may be getting somthing like 60,000 lumens, but at 24" you may only be getting 8,000 lumens or so....

Do you induce small stresses to the plant thru its growth cycle, like pruning, defoliation?

These are all little things/tricks that will help increase yeild and size...

Your problem I believe is not enough light.... 3x 600w isn't big enough to give optimum lighting to a 10x10 room.... a 600w is good for about a 3.5x3.5 area...you should have at least 4 in that size room...

Yeah, three 600-watt lights in a grow-room that size equals 16.36 watts per square foot. Even adding one more only brings the light up to 21.82 watts per square foot. Depending on the growing style (somewhat), you'd be better off shrinking the size of your GR, which will increase your light per square foot.

A lot of people like at least 30 watts per square foot for vegetative, and 50 watts and up (and up and up and...) for the flowering phase.

Or add significantly more illumination.

Do you have your light's too far from the plants.... ?

Quite possible when one raises the lights to spread their footprint out too much (and another reason not to).

Back
Top Bottom