BizzBeachbum - BioBizz Soil & Nutes - AutoUtlimate & AutoEuphoria

WoW nice little collection... I'm finishing mine Friday!! Just before that lovely lady Anna goes into flower

Day 10 - the seedlings took their first feeding well. The 3 Ultimate are all bigger than the 3 Euphoria at this stage.

P11200021.JPG
P11200031.JPG
P1120005.JPG

Day 11 - The 3 Ultimate are thriving, they are making those 15L pots look small. 1 Euphoria is keeping up but the other two are smaller with some light discolouration of the leaves - if this continues, I'll take a photo in normal light conditions to see what you guys think.

I've been giving them about 100ml bubbled PHed water everyday since I introduced first light nutes.

P11300012.JPG
P11300051.JPG

Looking good :thumb:

A few pointers for now and next grow, and answers to the question you asked in my thread:

-You cannot water your plants too much, only too often

-In the early stages of growth spray with a mister ALL THE TIME, also when lights are on - no it won't burn them, like the sun doesn't burn plants in the wild after a rainstorm :)

-Fill your pots all the way up with soil, add a little now and more later when the stems have grown and the leaves are further above the soil.

-Don't try to copy Atrain and Beast too much, they use chemical nutes, you don't! This is a good general guideline: Life cycle of autoflowering cannabis

-Getting a good start is imperative with autos, if they don't get what they are treated badly they will suffer from this all the way to the jar. This is one of the pitfalls with autos which many new growers often learn the hard way

- You're growing organically so put the EC-meter away, it'll probably do little more than confuse you

-Turn your LED lamps 90 degrees for a more even spread, having 2 sources of light close to one and other is counter productive

-First listen to your plants, then to what people tell you ;)

About the watering:

You want to water more and less frequently and increase until you hit 20% of pot size(in your case 3L), or more, don't let the soil go completely dry.
When you use fabric pots the roots get plenty air as it is and the pots should be light but the soil should still be moist when you water, but don't panic if they dry out, just water them as carefully as you bother to, so the soil is evenly saturated.
If you hit the sweetspot you will be able to give them 20% of pot size with little to no run-off. If you get run-off the fabric pots will suck it up in an hour or two.

What you've done so far is fine, but you should start out getting the soil moist(not wet) all the way through either with the first couple of waterings or before you plant the seed, and give more water but not as often, and spray spray spray those babies with a mister every time you pass the tent.

About using Biobizz:

Biobizz is a bit of a trainwreck between feeding the plant and feeding the soil.

FEED WITH EVERY WATERING, no exception until flush, @ approximately half of what the schedule says, but decrease if burned and increase later on if necessary.
Half is a good middleground and few strains are burned by this regime, but some are underfed.
I haven't seen Bio-Heaven or Acti-Vera have any effect, not sure about Root-Juice either and when my current bottle is empty I won't buy any more.
Let's say your autos get big and aren't fuzzy or light feeders, and drink 20% pot size every 3-5 days - then you probably want to feed them at 75% or more around the time proper flowers have formed.

I'd say you should give each plant 1,5L - 2L NOW, with Bio-Grow(or Fish-Mix) 1 ml/L, Root-Juice 2ml/L, Bio-Heaven 1ml/L, Alc-A-Mic 1ml/L, Acti-Vera 1ml/L so you fully saturate the soil now and get the micro organisms in the soil going, they die in dry soil.
The soil looks quite dry so water carefully.

-Once or twice a week in veg (first 3-4 weeks with autos) spray with Alc-A-Mic 1-2ml/L ;)

-You can foliar feed with Fish-Mix too, but be warned: IT REEKS OF ROTTEN FISH!

-Never pH after adding nutes!

-Don't use pH up/down that shit kills the good stuff in your soil, if your water is pH 6-7ish just add nutes. if it's higher than 7,5 lower it to 6,5-7,0 with lemon juice and then add nutes (I lower my water from 8 to 7 using 2ml/L organic lemon juice)

Happy Growing :passitleft:

Purple - DUDE !!!Thanks so much for your time writing that brilliant guide above - so many good pointers. I've reread your post 3 times now already and will do so again tomorrow when I'm more alert. Then I'm gonna implement everything you've recommended.

I am humbled that you would spend so much thought replying to my post. Diamond Geezer.

:thanks:

Purple - DUDE !!!Thanks so much for your time writing that brilliant guide above - so many good pointers. I've reread your post 3 times now already and will do so again tomorrow when I'm more alert. Then I'm gonna implement everything you've recommended.

I am humbled that you would spend so much thought replying to my post. Diamond Geezer.

:thanks:
I screen shot all that haha

Looking good :thumb:

A few pointers for now and next grow, and answers to the question you asked in my thread:

-You cannot water your plants too much, only too often

-In the early stages of growth spray with a mister ALL THE TIME, also when lights are on - no it won't burn them, like the sun doesn't burn plants in the wild after a rainstorm :)

-Fill your pots all the way up with soil, add a little now and more later when the stems have grown and the leaves are further above the soil.

-Don't try to copy Atrain and Beast too much, they use chemical nutes, you don't! This is a good general guideline: Life cycle of autoflowering cannabis

-Getting a good start is imperative with autos, if they don't get what they are treated badly they will suffer from this all the way to the jar. This is one of the pitfalls with autos which many new growers often learn the hard way

- You're growing organically so put the EC-meter away, it'll probably do little more than confuse you

-Turn your LED lamps 90 degrees for a more even spread, having 2 sources of light close to one and other is counter productive

-First listen to your plants, then to what people tell you ;)

About the watering:

You want to water more and less frequently and increase until you hit 20% of pot size(in your case 3L), or more, don't let the soil go completely dry.
When you use fabric pots the roots get plenty air as it is and the pots should be light but the soil should still be moist when you water, but don't panic if they dry out, just water them as carefully as you bother to, so the soil is evenly saturated.
If you hit the sweetspot you will be able to give them 20% of pot size with little to no run-off. If you get run-off the fabric pots will suck it up in an hour or two.

What you've done so far is fine, but you should start out getting the soil moist(not wet) all the way through either with the first couple of waterings or before you plant the seed, and give more water but not as often, and spray spray spray those babies with a mister every time you pass the tent.

About using Biobizz:

Biobizz is a bit of a trainwreck between feeding the plant and feeding the soil.

FEED WITH EVERY WATERING, no exception until flush, @ approximately half of what the schedule says, but decrease if burned and increase later on if necessary.
Half is a good middleground and few strains are burned by this regime, but some are underfed.
I haven't seen Bio-Heaven or Acti-Vera have any effect, not sure about Root-Juice either and when my current bottle is empty I won't buy any more.
Let's say your autos get big and aren't fuzzy or light feeders, and drink 20% pot size every 3-5 days - then you probably want to feed them at 75% or more around the time proper flowers have formed.

I'd say you should give each plant 1,5L - 2L NOW, with Bio-Grow(or Fish-Mix) 1 ml/L, Root-Juice 2ml/L, Bio-Heaven 1ml/L, Alc-A-Mic 1ml/L, Acti-Vera 1ml/L so you fully saturate the soil now and get the micro organisms in the soil going, they die in dry soil.
The soil looks quite dry so water carefully.

-Once or twice a week in veg (first 3-4 weeks with autos) spray with Alc-A-Mic 1-2ml/L ;)

-You can foliar feed with Fish-Mix too, but be warned: IT REEKS OF ROTTEN FISH!

-Don't use pH up/down that shit kills the good stuff in your soil, if your water is pH 6-7ish just add nutes. if it's higher than 7,5 lower it to 6,5-7,0 with lemon juice and then add nutes (I lower my water from 8 to 7 using 2ml/L organic lemon juice)

Happy Growing :passitleft:
Thanks buddy!!! I screen shot every word haha

Day 13 - Loads to catch up on, I have taken on board Purple's guidance.

• I gave each plant 2L water, with
  • Bio-Grow 1 ml/L
  • Root-Juice 2ml/L
  • Bio-Heaven 1ml/L
  • Alc-A-Mic 1ml/L
  • Acti-Vera 1ml/L
  • PHed with Organic Lemon Juice (bought today)

• Ordered online:
  • More BioBizz Light Mix - to fill up those pots
  • 2 x 1L Spray Bottles - for foliar feeding

• Will keep in mind:
  • You cannot water your plants too much, only too often.
  • Once or twice a week in veg (first 3-4 weeks with autos) spray with Alc-A-Mic 1-2ml/L
  • Don't use pH up/down that shit kills the good stuff in your soil - only Organic Lemon Juice from now.
  • Fill your pots all the way up with soil.
  • put the EC-meter away, it'll probably do little more than confuse you - you're right, back in the drinks cabinet dude.
  • FEED WITH EVERY WATERING, no exception until flush
  • @ approximately half of what the schedule says, but decrease if burned and increase later on if necessary.

P11400033.JPG
P11400042.JPG

Group Shot

P11400131.JPG

The 3 Ultimate all look great and very similar to each other.

P11400091.JPG

The 3 Euphoria are smaller and 2 have some slight discolouration.

P11400081.JPG

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by PurpleGunRack

Did you catch this part? ;)

Aargh shit - I did see the part Never pH after adding nutes - I thought about it and misinterpreted it to mean don't use pH Down because that shit kills the good stuff in your soil. My bad. I see now that I should add the lemon juice before adding the nutes right?

You spotted my mistake straight from the photo - Well spotted dude.

Aargh shit - I did see the part Never pH after adding nutes - I thought about it and misinterpreted it to mean don't use pH Down because that shit kills the good stuff in your soil. My bad. I see now that I should add the lemon juice before adding the nutes right?

You spotted my mistake straight from the photo - Well spotted dude.

pH up/down is for chemical growing and has no place in an organic garden ;)

Yes, but if your water is pH 6-7 just add nutes.

Well, it's a common mistake people new to Biobizz make, I did it too, and they don't do a good job explaining that, you have to read through a bit on their site to find it.
The nutrients and soil automatically adjust the pH to 6,5ish, that's why the pH of the water should be around 6-7 before adding nutes.

It's not gonna do any harm now or maybe at all, but it's better if you follow the formula and a lot easier! Once you find out how much lemon juice to add per litre water, you just have to check the pH value of your base tap water once in while to see if it's still in the same range.

Re: BizzBeachbum - BioBizz Soil & Nutes - AutoUtlimate & AutoEuphoria

No reason others should make the same mistakes I did, a few words can make up for years of trial and error.
That's what this virtual gathering is all about, Sharing is Caring ;)
Hi Beachbum
Sent via Dabbs. He's my Dad .. Helping me grow in my growing! Looking forward to the journey.

Big buds .️

pH up/down is for chemical growing and has no place in an organic garden ;)

Yes, but if your water is pH 6-7 just add nutes.

Well, it's a common mistake people new to Biobizz make, I did it too, and they don't do a good job explaining that, you have to read through a bit on their site to find it.
The nutrients and soil automatically adjust the pH to 6,5ish, that's why the pH of the water should be around 6-7 before adding nutes.

It's not gonna do any harm now or maybe at all, but it's better if you follow the formula and a lot easier! Once you find out how much lemon juice to add per litre water, you just have to check the pH value of your base tap water once in while to see if it's still in the same range.

This is GOLDEN advice you're dishing out Purple. You explain things brilliantly. I've just visited the BioBizz website and found the bit you referred to - you explained it better, haha.

How can I influence the pH value?
If the pH of the water you're using is much higher than the standard pH value of 7.0-7.3, you could try using apple vinegar or citric acid to reduce its acidity — aim for a value between 6.8 and 7.2. Once it's nearer the correct level, add the Biobizz nutrient.

My tap water comes out consistently at pH 8.2 - 8.3. This is too high I guess, so I will continue to pH with lemon juice. Only now, I will only pH before adding nutes.

Re: BizzBeachbum - BioBizz Soil & Nutes - AutoUtlimate & AutoEuphoria

Hi Beachbum
Sent via Dabbs. He's my Dad .. Helping me grow in my growing! Looking forward to the journey.

Big buds .️

Lowded118 - so cool to have you along. TMD is your dad? Wow - great mentor to have, not only did he get Dec MOTM, but more importantly, he was the first to visit my journal and brought snacks. :laughtwo:
My round, help yourself to the popcorn dude. :popcorn:

Day 16 - really happy with my girls, they all look bigger and healthier than my first-grow girls at the same age.

P11800054.JPG

The 3 Ultimate are looking amazing - makes my heart beat faster just looking at them. :love:

P11800043.JPG

The 3 Euphoria all still have some discolouration but look better than they did a few days ago before PGR came to the nute rescue. Respect dude.

P11800033.JPG

I have been spraying them with plain pHed water today, 3 times in all and they seem to perk up every time. Love it. The little droplets on the leaves dry out really quick and have left no trace as far as I can see.

P11800062.JPG
P11700021.JPG

Back
Top Bottom