Blinded by the light

Savvage61

I got a Mars Hydro ts 3000 450 watt about a week ago and moved my burples to work elsewhere. but I spend about 20-30 min at least every night Talking to the girls. the last couple days my eyes have been bothering me this morning there were welded shut with goop. could it be the new light? Im getting older?, red eye? maybe those light companies that send sunglasses with their light arent in the package just to make ya look cool

I would suggest eye protection either way and I wish that was emphasized more by vendors.
I've for sure had sore eyes from messing around without my sunglasses.
These diodes have 120degree coverage. You can get 'blinked' without even realizing.

yeah I walk out of tent today and saw sun spots like you said Blinked

@Phytoplankton , Man I hope not I just got over a case of nute burn

The light from our led grow lights is the same as the sun, so if you have to stay under the light for a long time, it's the same as opening your eyes when the sun is shining. To protect your eyes, please wear sunglasses. General sunglasses can play a role in protecting your eyes.
:green_heart:

I got a Mars Hydro ts 3000 450 watt about a week ago and moved my burples to work elsewhere. but I spend about 20-30 min at least every night Talking to the girls. the last couple days my eyes have been bothering me this morning there were welded shut with goop. could it be the new light? Im getting older?, red eye? maybe those light companies that send sunglasses with their light arent in the package just to make ya look cool
If your eyes are bothering you in bright light, try wearing sunglasses but I suspect that the glasses from Mars are more for image than anything else. One reason for that is that out society is so incredibly litigious that, if there was the slightest chance of causing any negative impact on your vision, the product would never make it to the market.

We needed glasses to see plants when we were using blurples. With contemporary LED's, there's no light in any part of the spectrum that is harmful to our eyes.

Re. light color - the color of the light hitting earth varies over the course of the day. At dawn and dusk, the light is more red. The incoming light is the same color, it's just that the atmosphere absorbs different wavelengths so it's a different color when it hits the Earth's surface.

The spectrum of your LED when compared to sunlight is very different and for very understandable reasons. I've attached images of five spectra. One from the TS 3000, one from the Mars SP3000, one from the Chilled Growcraft X3, one from a Kind blurple, and one from the sun, the latter compliments of Apogee instruments. I

In the case of the LED lights, the spectrum varies from the natural source (sunlight) significantly because changing the environment to suit our needs is one of the primary reasons for our success as a species. Cannabis plants have limited use for green light but LED's have blue light to influence plant shape while red light and far red influence cell growth and plant flowering. Sure, cannabis grows well in sunlight but LED lighting is just one of the things that we have created to provide a superior outcome to what nature would provide.

Growcraft X30.png
Kind Spectrum.png
SP 3000.png
Sunlight.png
TS 3000.png

Back
Top Bottom