LED light options - Advice/recommendations

Just a little update on what i decided to go for in the end.... after looking through ebay and other sites over the past week or two I think I found a decent bargain this morning.

Although it's alot more power/strength than I was going to go for - hopefully it should give me a few years of nice crops.

Spider Farmer SE7000 which sells for around £580 / $680 I found a new one for £400 so took the plunge and bought it, hopefully it was the right decision

I noticed that some higher PPFD levels need C02 or dim it to a lower setting, saw some small bags of C02 on ebay, I will have to read up on using those.

Thanks again eveyone for your suggestions it was a hard choice, migro/ mars hydro/ HLG / Lumatek etc all looked really good.

I'm just about to start my fist grow and looking to buy a LED light

I noticed that some higher PPFD levels need C02 or dim it to a lower setting, saw some small bags of C02 on ebay, I will have to read up on using those.

You're just about to start your first grow and looking at CO2?

Dude, I have to hand it to you for enthusiasm.

Personally I would take it in small steps, first make sure you can get your first grow right; CO2 is for the advanced.
I would work out what you're getting wrong and right with your grows; light settings/distances, temps, humidity, soils, nutes, etc. before throwing money at advanced growing techniques.

Hopefully your light has a dimmer and I'd invest in a light meter or get the app so you can set the right PAR for the stage of growth; seedling, veg and bloom.

j

I totally agree. I’ve been growing since 2016 and I still don’t use it. Not saying the benefits aren’t there because they definitely are but I would get a couple brows under you. I’ve yielded way more then I ever thought I would and still no co2:dreamy:

Haha maybe your right about the C02, I was only thinking of one of those little cheap bags - you pierce a few holes into, nothing complicated like a generator etc

Yeah it has a dimmer and their site gives some heights to use which helps, with and without C02

Mixed up some soil/coco mix today into 6 pots (5 gal) ready to go

Just need to choose which seeds to try first

Got some free seeds with my order called Kush Mintz Fast which I had a read up on and they seem quite good for a beginner only 55 days to flower so less time for mistakes :) tempted to use these ones first:reading420magazine:

1663110951075.png

it's hard to support co2 without a sealed environment. it's really more for professionals, or those who have plowed thousands and thousands of dollars into their spaces.

Lots of good options out there it seems, hopefully get one sorted out this week

In terms of wattage for a 1.2m by 1.2m tent would 400watt to about 600watt be what im idealy looking for?

Noticed a Blackdog phytomax2 600 for £250 (think these go for over a thousand euro) but its a heavy beast 14kg not sure if my budget tent could handle the weight, and not sure about the noise from the on board fans but tempting :D
but from what your saying they are not that great so think I'll have to give it a pass

I was originally considering a CDM 315 watt type light fixture after reading up on those a couple weeks ago they seem to get good reviews.
Why not go with @ MedicGrow they have several different models for a 4’x4’ I’m going with the Fold 6 for my 4x4 . CL🍀

Mars SP 150 - not a contender. I'm fine with Mars products (I own an SP 3000) but the SP 150 isn't in contention because of poor light output and strange spectrum. I've never understood its appeal - perhaps as a fill light?
It's a tad weak but overal plants love to grow & flower under it.. I think it's ideal for maybe vegging tents for the first couple of weeks. Or two of these in a 80x80 should also be great.
IMG_0696.JPG

Just a little update on what i decided to go for in the end.... after looking through ebay and other sites over the past week or two I think I found a decent bargain this morning.

Although it's alot more power/strength than I was going to go for - hopefully it should give me a few years of nice crops.

Spider Farmer SE7000 which sells for around £580 / $680 I found a new one for £400 so took the plunge and bought it, hopefully it was the right decision

Thanks again eveyone for your suggestions it was a hard choice, migro/ mars hydro/ HLG / Lumatek etc all looked really good.

I love my HLG Scorpion Diablo, got it as a rebuild, big price cut. Highly recommend.

I love my HLG Scorpion Diablo, got it as a rebuild, big price cut. Highly recommend.

sweet.

btw : for those with older rigs, i've refreshed lights with a simple driver upgrade to original or better efficiency. most leds are 50% or more under powered for safety reasons. the emitters will usually degrade far slower than the driver wears out.

just be sure to follow the driver specs when upgrading. i still service the old cob rigs i used to sell, and many are close to a decade or so of continuous growing.

Back
Top Bottom