Bloo's First Indoor Grow - In Progress - 2012

bloo58

Hey all, Bloo here from Australia, Thought I'd share my first indoor CFL grow, I'll start out by saying I am almost a complete novice at this, I have a little info which I have picked up here and there over the years, but never put it into practice, This little venture is both a test of my skills and also a chance to save some money and grow what I would like to smoke, instead of the lucky dip that it is with buying it, and also to experiment a bit with infusion, But lets get down to business,

What strain is it? Unsure, Its a bit of a bastard strain, acquired from a random bag of outdoor

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? I would lean towards Sativa, As it is coming from an outdoor strain

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?Veg

If in Veg... For how long? 2 months

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor

Soil or Hydro? Hydro 50% perlite 50% vermiculite

Size of light? 40cm 130w CFL tube

Is it aircooled? Has small fan for circulation and body building *flex*

Temp of Room/cab? 20-32 deg c, will be climbing to around 30-38 deg c over the coming months

RH of Room/cab? as above

PH of media or res? on fresh water change 6.8-7, after balancing with nute get it back to between 6.5-6.8

Any Pests ? None that are interested in weed thank god :D

How often are you watering? Drip feed 24/7

Bucket Size 12 litres

Lights (1) 130w CFL

Nutrients Ionic Grow, Proganics Bloom A + B, Proganics Yield Plus

# of Plants Just the one, For now

Ok, so thats the fun part out of the way.. now for the fun part ;P

I will say before I start posting pics, This system is designed to be compact and easily taken apart, I dont plan on growing constantly, Because,
One - I don't have the room spare for a bigger grow
Two - I live with other people and want to be respectful to them
and Three - I rent, so its good to be able to pack it up easily and not have big containers lying about etc, I'd love to get a stable setup in the near future if I can secure my own house, but we'll take that as it comes, Back to the topic at hand, small setup, by no mean professional or even amateur, this is back yard knock up 'yep she'll do' goodness :D

Ok, So these are my nutes, Have been working a charm so far, the bloom throws the PH out in the water a bit, but nothing major
30-09g.jpg

Unfortunately, this is the only pic I have of her as a baby, I did have others, but the fact that I had an aquarium light running for the first week kinda makes me wanna keep em private :p, I can upload em if anyone wants a laugh at my expense
04-09a.jpg

This pic is 16 days in, not doing to much wrong by the looks of it, very healthy and growing stupidly quick
20-09.jpg

These were taken 9 days later (or 2 days ago :D), after I got a bit trim happy
28-09a.jpg

29-09a.jpg

29-09b.jpg

29-09c.jpg

And these last few were taken tonight, Felt like some fresh current pics of the situation were warranted, will get the macro out and take some close ups of growing tips later

30-09a.jpg

30-09c.jpg

30-09e.jpg

30-09f.jpg

And my Light, Just a Light ;P
64k_and_bal.jpg

Well thats it for now peeps, Hope you enjoyed the read

Stay Tuned for more updates :D

Peace
Bloo

Hey man :welcome: to :420:

Looking good so far man,have you any idea when you are going to put it into flower so you will be able to tell if its a male or female?
You can always put it back into veg stage once you find out the sex of it.
It makes it easier to do it that way as you wont be wasting your time growing a male,if it is a male.
Also it looks more like an indica strain as the leaves look to big.A sativa strain would have skinny narrow leaves.
:Namaste:
I will follow your grow man.:goodluck:

Hey Budda, cheers for the welcome mate :D

I'm pretty sure it's a fem, I plan on turning it in the next week or so I'd say, I've been having a smidge of trouble with my 27k lights lately, but its had about 7 days of 27k light at 12/12, gave it a full 24 hours of dark to transition, so 6 days at 12/12 really, and it's looking good, but I've got it under the 64k again, and on 17/7 light cycle, as both of the 27's I had burnt out, get her back into a bit of veg, not too much, really just to thicken the stems a little

here's a few pics of the tips, not 100%, but at least 70-80% sure there's some good signs of fem in there
30-09tipd.jpg

30-09tipe.jpg

30-09tipg.jpg

Hope I don't get in trouble for posting huge pics :helpsmilie: ?, might re-size em a bit smaller, but yeh, I'll keep poppin pics up as the days roll thru, Cheers for checking my grow out :D

Peace
Bloo

no man ur doing fine looking good more pics man !~~!

Cheers mate, I'll get some more pics up this arvo or tomoz, she really liked getting back under the 64k light for a few nights, noticeably bushier :D, and she's restored all them leaves I hacked off last week hehe

very healthy nice branching did u used lst ?

I spose you could call it LST'ing, but its really just some tethering down to train it/share the light, I have a rather small closet so dont want her goin haywire, and becoming a massive bush :D, I plan on giving LST'in a good go on the next grow, This is really just a tester to see what I can do, I'm not the most methodical person :p

Up-diggity-date, just ventured over to the 'pet store' :D to replace my 27k tube, had a good chat with the guy over there about why this particular light would have trouble and the 64k was fine (both on and off my timer), as I said before, 2 have burnt out, but I'm thinking they may have been faulty, One (which came with the reflector when I bought it) lasted maybe 4 hours, it didnt even have a chance to start a light cycle, I went in to check it and it just wouldnt turn on, and the 2nd one had a very faint but noticeable strobe effect, and it burnt out catastrophically yesterday at the start of the days cycle and I bought it on thursday, BUT, I got him to check this one in store, looks good, he gave me a $10 discount which is always awesome, got it home, I've put her in and all is looking hunky dory, going to run this one separate to the timer (manual on\off) and just jump straight into a 12/12 sched, and get this girl into flower

Heres a few updates

My tethering, I really wouldnt call this LST'ing, it hasnt been done to increase yield potential, its been done to keep the plant shaped
01-10g.jpg

01-10a.jpg

Fresh new light, Kickin arse

01-10f.jpg

2 main growing tips, 2nd pic is of the tip on the right
01-10e.jpg

01-10d.jpg

And just a top down, the pics in my original post ^^ up there are from the 28-29th of sept, these were taken 10 mins ago on the 1st of Oct, I am still blown away by how much this girl can do in one night.. amazing
01-10c.jpg

I'll leave it at that for now, better go spread some love to other journals, finally got some time off from the missus :p

Peace
Bloo

Edit: some nardie goodness a mate was kind enough to share :p

001-10.jpg

enjoying ;D
01-10.jpg

Update : Water change today, made certain pH was well below 6.2, from what I can tell its around 5.6 - 5.8, running a flush with no nutes atm to dilute some of the nasty water out of the medium and try to fix these brown tipped leaves (what I've been told is this is either one of 3 things, pH burn, Salt burn from build up of using sodium bi-phosphorus to lower pH, or a potassium deficiency)

will be adding nutes later tonight when I'm happy with the stability of the pH, which will be interesting as we've just had 2 x 30+ deg c days, and we've got a few more on the way, see what happens

No pics today :(, not much has changed since last pics, think she's been a lil sick on the water, so not much point, but if people want em I'll take a few and bang em up

Ok, So.. It's been a lil while since last update, Been balancing the water, have finally got some mild stability, creeping up to pH 6.0-6.2, from 5.5 in a full day, So I feel better now, I'm only having to adjust once a day as opposed to 2-3 times, also using pH down instead of sodium bi-phosphorus, Brown leaf tips are reducing in numbers, this is the worst of the leaves left

11-10d.jpg

Apart from that, not sure on sex yet, I think it might be a dude, but still have fingers crossed, feel like any day it's going to show, as it's nearing end of first 2 weeks of flower period, anyway here are the things I'm worried about, I just cant tell, I want it to be fem, but the more I look at it, the more I see signs of male, anyway, pics

This looks very scrotey :(

11-10a.jpg

and not liking this either

11-10f.jpg

apart from that, it's very healthy and growing well, has had a massive spurt in the last 3-4 days

11-10e.jpg

11-10c.jpg

just really praying at the moment, I've also swapped my light/dark cycle round to match nature i.e On at 6am - Off at 6pm, I'm pretty certain it wasn't getting a full dark cycle as there would have been big light leaks throughout the day, we will see what happens over the next few days and hopefully I can give you some nice pre-flower pics

:D

Well... Its not looking good..

16-10a.jpg

It may be a bit early to tell, but judging by the shape of this growth.. it looks like a pollen sac :(, I'm giving it a few more days before I make my decision on whether to start again or not.., but its certainly looking like I will have to, any opinions would be appreciated

Anyone have any advice?? Is anyone even reading this?

I'm at the point where I want rip this and start again, Unless there is a glimmer of hope, but I feel its pretty much a signed and sealed male plant

Opinions? Its OK, you not going to get in trouble if you post... need opinions on whether to stick with it or cut the losses

sorry im thinking its a male but u never know i would cut it down start over but keep the stock from the male for bho oil or u can wait if it is a male let it pollen take it and save it but that my to cent good luck with ur new grows to come

Back
Top Bottom