Bloo's First Indoor Grow - In Progress - 2012

Yeh I'm not too worried about the burn, its not much, and with no water change this week, only top ups, it should be sweet :D, Thanks for your concern tho hehe, they are reacting well to the nute mix

I'll pop up the table I'm using, cant remember who I stole it off but thanks anyways :D, I worked it out and the amount I'm putting in, is in line with the amount it says on the bottles.

hydro-feeding-schedule.jpg

if you want to see some good leaf burn, head back to the start of this grow.. I was massively over dosing that poor bugger, I didn't have a PPM meter then but I reckon it would been up around 1800, I was measuring the dose and then giving it an extra slurp on top of the recommended dose..

let me tell you, if you overfeed your plants, your gonna have a baaad time!!

anyways gotta get to this guys level ---> :lot-o-toke:

edit: greed got the better of me :( tipped top's of both, probably shouldn't have, but I really don't want to turn them to flower yet, and this is a good excuse not too, once both plants have recovered and I'm happy with new growth I'll be testing sex, then flippin to flower

Week 5 Update

Its about that time again, all business this week, lots of stretch from the lower limbs, tied em down nice and snug, and its looking really nice, I can count 12 real future bud sites, and about 5-6 more possible sites!!! :yahoo:

The particulars haven't changed

PPM 1500, crept up a tad at the start of the week, top up of plain water fixed it, no dramas there
pH - 5.7, has been an absolute gem this time round, haven't had to adjust it once, just drop my bottled water from 6.9 down to 5.7 with 4mls of sulfuric.. this was my biggest problem first time round..
Temp and Hum is avg 32deg/c and 50% more or less
and the GLR sched is going good, lots of new growth and stretch, onto the pics

tipped on the 30th, new growth had started the next day, you can see the leaves starting to glitter with trichs

g2-05-12-12e.jpg

g2-05-12-12d.jpg

theres a lot of growth hidden by the fan leaves, I had hoped to be able to train them outwards, but they are growing so flat I dont have to, just wait for em to poke up

g2-05-12-12c.jpg

g2-05-12-12b.jpg

g2-05-12-12a.jpg

I would like to turn them in the next few days I think, give the main tips a day or 2 to get a bit more length, but I really think it's close to time

What y'all reckon?, time to flower or leave em veg for another week? I'd love your opinions :D

Thats all fer now :D till next time

Oh yeah, I got a BOAT!!! Should change my profile name to Capt'n Bloo :p

flip the bitch see if it is then take clone then put it back into veg then when u think its ready to make buds thats if its possible since u did get a male last time keep in mind that may cause too much stress thats just my 2 cents!

I think I just found my new best friend, Found a new hydroponics shop while I was getting towbar installed on my car, Guy running it is a BOSSS!!!, had a quick chat with him about the best nutes I can source here down under and asked for BPN, unfortunately they don't stock blue planet nutes, but they DO stock green planet nutes, made by a guy in South Australia, apparently according to this guy in store, (who I always keep in the back of my mind is a salesman first and your 'mate' second) claims they 'shit all over' (his words) anything else from anywhere including overseas stuff, now I am a tad skeptical on this 'fact', but I'm going to go out on a limb and say they will be better than the nutes I use atm, and safer to acquire than having BPN shipped to me

Long story short, he gave me a fantastic book that the chemist(?) behind these green planet nutes has compiled, covers indoor, outdoor, hydro, soil and coco, Amazing amount of ground level info, and some more involved practices, have to say I'm pretty stoked even if it is just a book :D, and also a feeding sched for these particular nutes happy days

Freebies1.jpg

Freebies3.jpg

Freebies2.jpg

Give me a week or so and I'll see if I can scan the whole book and upload it, because sharing is caring and I'm a nice guy like that :D

In terms of the grow, I will be turning them on Saturday, I've made an executive decision, If I veg any longer it could get a lil crowded in there come flower time, so 2 more days, then into 12/12 solid, cant wait.. stay tuned, hopefully this will not be another sausage fest

Free stuff is always awesome, Its even better when you can tell the guy giving it to ya is a smoker ;P, That unspoken common ground, He knew why I was there, I haven't met any supplies retailers that have been nasty or confrontational (yet!!), they know the score, and I love that

They do, and to some extent there are good blokes out there with good advice.. however im wary sometimes, its like bodybuilders selling supplements, that generally dont get you ripped with muscle striation - but instead make you shit heaps haha

Week 6 Update

Lots of stretch, lifted the lights up a bit, no water change again, will do one on Monday I think

Levels are stable
PPM 1500
pH 5.7
temp avg 30dec c
hum round 45-50% avg

I must say I had a pretty shitty morning/day, planned to take the boat out with the brother in law, got in the water and halfway to our spot and the fuel tank fitting starts crappin out, so after runnin about for an hour tryin to find the tank fitting, finally get it, and its not the fitting.. its the fkin hose..
so another hour gettin the hose, transferring the fuel from one tank to another and spilling it all over us, 20 calls from my hungover wife wanting me to come home and pat her gently on the head and say nice things to her, we finally get out and have a fish, only to, on the way back, be cut off by some rude stooge in his yacht, forcing me to (attempt to) slam my boat into neutral, shattering the gear selector.. giving my boat one speed.. forwards.. at a great deal of knots...

now you can imagine how I'm feeling right about now.. and only guess what my brother in law was feeling after nearly being thrown out the back after we took off suddenly.. admittedly this was pretty bloody funny :p, luckily I avoided the yacht and got the throttle back under control and limped back to the boat ramp cursing the whole way

but after all that.. I came home and checked on the (wife first :p) plants and didnt that just brighten my day up significantly!!

g2-15-12-12a.jpg

I have one girl, just waiting on this other one to show now, and its looking pretty good

These photos were taken over the last couple of days, just a whole lot of the same photo really

Taken 13/12/12

g2-13-12-12a.jpg

g2-13-12-12b.jpg

g2-13-12-12c.jpg

Taken 14/12/12

g2-14-12-12a.jpg

g2-14-12-12b.jpg

g2-14-12-12c.jpg

g2-14-12-12d.jpg

g2-14-12-12e.jpg

g2-14-12-12f.jpg

g2-14-12-12g.jpg

will update when other plant shows sex :D

Least you got some good news in the end. Also surprised no one else mentioned this but dude one of the biggest no no's is screwing with your light schedule! Dont do it! Ever! :;): Really important now you got ur female. Looking nice my friend! Subbed and awaiting more updates! :popcorn:

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! Hope Santa brought you all something nice and you had a wonderful day

I had a great time in the Nambucca Valley, Boating, fishing and being a general lout :D, and I got a very nice surprise when I got home, this was the state of affairs on opening the door after being away for a week or so

g2-27-12-12a.jpg

needless to say.. This was almost as good as the present my wife gave me (hotlaps in a WRC subaru) after stressing all week about the light being on the timer, which turned out to be the least of my worries, the res had around half an inch of water left in it after being left full

anyway, here are some holiday snaps to get you all up to date, Enjoy :)

g2-27-12-12b.jpg

g2-27-12-12c.jpg

g2-27-12-12d.jpg

g2-27-12-12e.jpg

g2-27-12-12f.jpg

g2-27-12-12g.jpg

g2-27-12-12h.jpg

g2-27-12-12i.jpg

g2-27-12-12j.jpg

g2-27-12-12k.jpg

g2-27-12-12l.jpg

g2-27-12-12m.jpg

g2-27-12-12n.jpg

Wishing everyone all the best for the New Year.. May your greenery be lush and your harvests bountiful :D

Edit: Thanks Tony and Welcome aboard Mate :D The fun is about to begin, Yes, I am aware I shouldn't mess with the light sched, but I'm a bit of a 'get an idea and run with it' kinda guy, and it does play to my disadvantage a little bit, but in this case I lucked out and got 2 healthy girls, so far.. finger crossed they don't herm out on me.

Maybe it was due to being so close to flower that giving them the GLR sched wasn't so stressful on them, in fact it seems it was quite the opposite, they really didn't show any signs of stress or slowing down, but instead bushed up quite noticeably..

Regardless of this, I will be running GLR from now on, just wanted to get something under my belt to get me thru the next grow, really don't want to have to see a dealer again.. ever.. they shit me

I'm Back!!!, After a stellar NYE and awesome week its back to the real world :p and what a shock haha, but I can now get back into a rhythm with the grow, coz I've been oh so sketchy over the holidays :p

So to start with I was lucky enough to score a sample of this stuff free of charge, Green Planet Nutrients Medi-one, One part organic grow and bloom nute, made from blended Atlantic menhaden(fish), Norwegian sea kelp, humic acid and sulphate of potash, sounds like the ingredients of a fancy meal lol, made in Western Australia, just gotta give feedback on it, which I'm happy to do

freebies4.jpg

freebies5.jpg

looks like really dirty coffee, smells like.. well shit.. really, was not pleasant, but hey I'll give it a go, made the res look like mud, yum yum

g2-08-01-13a.jpg

I'll see how the plants react to it, they have thickened up a bit but not much, hoping this stuff will give them a kick in the arse

So I did the water today, PPM is sitting around 1400-1500, pH is 5.7 with no adjustment from me, these nutes brought it down from 6.9 to that, I was pretty impressed with that, but I'll be keeping an eye on it any ways

temp is going to soar today, we've got high 30's low 40's(Celsius) predicted, right now its at 30c in there, but around 36-37c outside, humidity of 40%

onto the pic's

g2-08-01-13b.jpg

g2-08-01-13c.jpg

g2-08-01-13d.jpg

g2-08-01-13e.jpg

g2-08-01-13f.jpg

g2-08-01-13g.jpg

g2-08-01-13h.jpg

Scored this lil champion off a mate, might be my mumma plant I think

g2-08-01-13i.jpg

Coming along very nicely, going to give them till around the 7-14th of Feb I reckon, should be a go-er, Stay tuned :D

Oh and Thanks Tony, much appreciated mate :D, I was stressing the whole week about the timer, but its been sweet, I guess not using it(the timer) to manually turn the light on and off is a good thing

Lol Tony, Been out on the boat almost every day.. loving it, got a bit of extra time off work so enjoying it while I can :D

Just gunna give ya some pics today, not much change in the regular's, all stable, just watching the budds grow, hoping they start to fatten up soonish, they are in about week 5 of flower I think by my calculations, looking good, no smell yet, which is a bit worrying, would've thought they would at least be givin off a bit of tang stank, but nothin yet.. ahh well, patience, onto the pics

g2-15-01-13a.jpg

g2-15-01-13b.jpg

g2-15-01-13c.jpg

g2-15-01-13d.jpg

g2-15-01-13f.jpg

g2-15-01-13e.jpg

as you can see, slowly plumping up, I can notice the diff between the 2 plants, one has an earthy brown/green colour, and the other is a bright vibrant green, the difference between the flowers is pretty cool, you can sorta see the colour difference in the 3rd pic, the 2 heads up the back right of the pic :D

anyhoo, Im off for a :blunt:

take care all :D

Back
Top Bottom