Bloo's First Indoor Grow - In Progress - 2012

Well I guess he's gunna die by butter today then

I've got 2 more seeds in now, will give them a day in the sun today, not going to do the one plant dance again.. stupid move on my part..

I'll just continue my grow on from this one, no sense in starting a new thread

Hi All, Been a while, thought it might be time for an update

So after my first attempt at CFL indoor, my one and only plant decided to dude out on me.. bit of a let down, but should have known better.. genetics and all that jazz.. so I have started again, this time with 2 seeds.. figure if there is a 50/50 chance of m/f then I should at least be lucky enough to get one chicky plant.. will also give me a chance to be a bit more methodical with looking after the setup, I was putting WAYYY to much nute in last grow, but I should be able to keep a lid on things this time, sourced a PPM meter from ebay for $3, as well as a therm/humidity meter for $3. Also scored a 25x - 200x microscope for $18, what a fantastic place ebay is

Pretty much the same setup as last time, only difference would be I removed the mesh pot from inside the main pot, and the medium is a straight 50/50 verm/perl, I set the medium/reservoir up a week before the seeds came up, to let it wet down, settle a bit and get ph level stable, which has worked better than I expected, I haven't needed to adjust the ph once in the last 2 weeks, I don't expect this to stay the same thru the entire grow, but I do expect the fluctuations to be a lot less severe (last grow it would change 6-7 points in one day, ie go from 5.6 to 6.3-6.4)

Anyway, I don't have many pictures atm and will be updating this weekly until flower.. Here's what I've got

g2_-08-11-12a.jpg

g2_-08-11-12b.jpg

g2_-08-11-12c.jpg

doing a water change and re-nute tomorrow, for now, its time to get blazed, so that should be fun :D

ttfn

Week 2 Update : Going swimmingly, plants look healthy, levels are stable, ph is holding 5.6-5.7, ppm is 1150

very little to report, few spot on the leaves, took some pics, not quite sure what it is, there has been a few small bugs havin a chew on the underside of the leaves, but I squished em good! this is what the damage looks like, you can see the white spots on the lower leaves

g2-15-11-12c.jpg

and the black spots (eggs?) on this one, not too worried, haven't seen any since I killed the last one

g2-15-11-12b.jpg

water change and shizz tomoz, happy days :D

here's a few more pics

g2-15-11-12d.jpg

g2-15-11-12a.jpg

$3 PPM meter :D

g2-15-11-12e.jpg

Week 3 Update:
PPM is avg 1390, ph 5.6, no sign of any bugs :D

Took kovacs advice and split the cube, they must have appreciated it :p

g2-22-11-12a.jpg

g2-22-11-12b.jpg

I've started training to the sides of the pot, took a fan off both to open up the lower growth

g2-22-11-12c.jpg

g2-22-11-12d.jpg

Made a new feeder ring, the other one was gettin a bit funky

g2-22-11-12e.jpg

might just do a top up of the water tomorrow, balance up the nutes, should be sweet

sorry if this is a bit stale, I'm pretty baked atm and not really all there :D

till next week

Thats cool, I might use my 68w CFL for a box grow with my trainwreck x medopurps seed i just popped. Ill be watching to see how ur cfl grow goes, maybe youll be my inspiration to do it

oh and the way you have ur branches tied it will damage the plant, anything tied around it will constrict the cellular growth of the stem and will eventually cut the stem in half, ive had it happen to me, best thing to do is get "pipe cleaners" u know those little fuzzy wire things u made crafts with as a kid, ya those lol they sell em all over the place for cheap they hold their shape and can be bent into hooks to pull down branches safely

time for some comedic relief, I'm super bored today, no work, so I thought I'd knock up a ghetto screen, this is not a permanent fixture, not yet anyway, Its just the bottom of a seedling tray hacked to bits, and some coat hanger lovin'

ghettoscreen_2.jpg

ghettoscreen_1.jpg

I'd like to make a better one when I can build a proper closet, which will be very soon hopefully, my housemate is moving out, so it will be just me and the wife in this house for the foreseeable future :D happy days, then I will be building a 60cmx60cmx1.5m box (sorry I work off that strange unit of measurement called 'Metric' Ooooh, he's the devil!! :D) and trying my hand at cloning and a scrog, for now I'll just train these 2 and be happy with what they give me, I dont want to get greedy with my grow, I prefer quality over quantity

Well that turned from a quick post about my shitty screen to a "this is your life' kinda moment, maybe I should get baked, it is 10:30am after all

cheers :D

Bloo

Nice to meet you. Look's fine for a DIY screen! Good luck on the grow.

You had a nice looking plant there then it turn male F%C%$NG B&?T%$D. Oh well keep try for that girl, I would next time to start at least 3 seeds that way you got a better chance of a female then clone the shit out of her. GOOD LUCK!

Before I start my update, Cheers for the comments all :D

Bushy: Thanks :) and Welcome aboard Mate!! I'll be checkin demon seeds out, thanks for that :D

Getur: Cheers bruz, not gunna run with it this time lol, give it a go next grow i think, I've got these one trained pretty boss i reckon :D

Growrook: I know right it was lookin good!! all good tho, good test run for me, I'm goin to read up on taking cuttings to test for sex this week and give that a go next week I think, if I've got a girl, then I might start to dabble in cloning, and I work with a Horticulturist :p, hes done this before and has some good info on cloning and general plant care, Cheers for checkin my grow out mate, hope you stick around

Week 4 Update
PPM settled at 1500 this week, after a top up of straight 5.8 ph water on sunday, bit of burn on the tips
pH is solid 5.7.. hasn't budged at all
Temp and Humidity were around 30 deg/c and 50% all week, despite swamp arse weather outside, was 80% hum here on tues, wed and today, brush cuttin in that ain't no fun

nuff chit chat, I could talk under 6 foot of wet concrete today.. pic time

To the right

g2-29-11-12a.jpg

to the left

g2-29-11-12b.jpg

nice growth along both, and very sturdy for small branches, also decided to use the furry sticks to hold fan leaves down instead of cutting them off, I know I'm a genius right.. :loopy: Props to Delocated420 for putting me onto these in the first place :p

g2-29-11-12c.jpg

this is my fav of the 2, it was the first to sprout, but is growing, not slower.. but more conservatively I feel :tokin:

g2-29-11-12d.jpg

lotsa lil nodes tucked up in there, waiting till the lower growth gets a bit bigger so i can pull it to the sides

g2-29-11-12e.jpg

ol' flat top :D

g2-29-11-12f.jpg

dunno if I'll change water tomorrow, ppm is at the right level, they seem happy, one more week and hopefully I'll be ready to think about some 12/12 action!!

thats about the thick of it for now, till next time :D

If you do start cloning i would highly recommend getting or making a aero cloner. by far the easiest and fastest way to clone, on top of that i get just about 100% success rate every time i clone now

Your tips look a little burnt maybe lower the ppms a bit. I think i seen some where on here that 800 to 1000 ppm is good for veg (depending on strain) then work your way up to 1600 in flowering. just a suggesting, I dont want you to think im telling how to feed your plants. just want to see everyone succeed here on 420. I was given alot of great info and tips from some of the members here and im just passing it down. Im only on my second grow and the knowledge i was given from 420 members makes me a far greater grower then alot of people that dont use the info on this site. it use to take years before the internet to be a good grower

Back
Top Bottom