Blue cheese in the wardrobe

kieron2050

hi evry 1 this is my first post .. been reading loads of threads on this site and have learnt loads so i thought i'd join and share my first experience of growing with you all. please leave your htoughts on what i'm doing.. thanx in advance..

ok i started with a wardrobe which measured
20 inches deep
30 inches wide
and 5 ft 6 inches tall

the first thing i did was buy an extractor and mounted it in the top if the wardrob . i also moved the wardbrobe in front of the chimney breast so that i could extract hot air out of the vent in the chimney breast.
extractor cost £50 pounds

i then mounted a 250 watt phillips son -t light bulb as close to the top as i could get it (light around £20 ballast around £60).

my next step wa to use blackout sheeting to stop light leaking in and out of the room .
i am growing 4 big buddah feminised blue cheese plants frmo seed. as soon as the seeds cracked i put them in peat discs and ten in to the propagator which i then put under 18-6 after 2 weeks i took the lid off the propagator . the seedlings were a bit leggy but i guess that was because they were reaching for the light so i made a shelf for them to get them closer. they seem fine now.
after another week of 18-6 i put them on 12-12 they were about 6-7 inches tall with 3 or 4 sets of leaves . ( i also cut the tops off a couple of days after i changed the cycle)
i am now at the stage where they are around nine inches tall and have been on 12/12 for a week. no signs of any flowers yet not that i can see anyway .

will post sum pictures when they wake up later

some of my bottom leaves are turning yellow is this a problem as new growht seems fine and sum of my leaves seeems to be hooking down as well .
my temp sometimes on very hot days get's to a bout 31.5 c

feedbak apreciated

will put fotos when they wake up in a few hours and ph is about 7.0..i've not been adjusting it ..i am thinking about buying some ph down next week but read that ph fluctuationas arent good for the plant ..opinions please

also i have just transfered my peat disc into a rockwool cube .roots are goin mental out the bottom . was told this will happne an d they will be arite but am not sure lol.

i feed them vita link hydro grow formula . gonna switch to cellmax hydro bloom for (hard water as i'm in a hardwater area) when i see the first signs of flowering .... i just feed them once or twice a day just to keep them moist.

2009-04-27-57318.jpg

ok . i'm gna sort out ph as soon as possible.. yh i guess it is a hydro grow .. i just have a peat disc inside a rockwool cube and i feed them manually .. thanks for the advice

cheers mate ..how do i edit the thread title . cant seem to find the option for it .. whats potash..? there are more fotos on my profile they seem to work therre just not wen theyre posted in a comment

Potash > Potassium, essential for flowering. You'll have to PM one of the admins or mods and ask them to change the title for you, sucks you can't do it yourself :( we all have to follow the rules. You should put in your title whether your grow is 'Hydro or Soil' and whether it's 'Indoor or Outdoor'. Dunno whether Ms Fox can do that for you but I'd give her a try first :)

If you have a specific problem, I would post it in this sub-forum here Problems, Pests & Disease Control
following these guidelines How to Ask for Grow Support

All the best :ganjamon:

no miss fox . there is no reservior .they are just containers i used to get the plants nearer the light s. ...i just feed them myself twice a day..

.. can yu look at the picture i labelled as sparse its in 1 of those links above.. tell me does the plant look weak and is it normal for the first set of true leaves to be dying already .
thank you miss

So, you aren't going to grow hydro? Here's the thing. I've seen people do this before, and it doesn't work out. You need to get those cubes into some soil soon. They are going to grow out of those cubes and wilt because they'll be root bound. Take the plastic part on the outside of the cube off and plant the whole thing in soil. No Miracle Grow or Scotts. Even an offbrand organic soil would be better than those.

ok miss. i think i will buy something like canna coco. i dont know what miracle grow is miss. i was jus gonna keep feeding them my normal formula.
would it be ok if i filled my containers with canna coco and then put the cubes in the coco.
sorri for asking stupid questions lol

thnx miss.. how much do you think i can yield from this setup .bearing in mind bllue cheeses isnt a massive yielder . a rough idea would be nice .. oh yh ben on 12/12 for 8 days now miss and no signs of flowers.. i have a feeling my box is leaking a tiny bit light . but i havent had a chance to check it out .should i be seeing flowers now tho .thanks in advance

A yield estimate is really hard, because there are so many variables. You will just have to wait and see. ;-) You should see what sex they are within the next week or so. Sometimes the plants are in no hurry to come out of the closet. ;-) Are you talking about light leaking out of the box or leaking into the box. Light leaking out is fine.

Back
Top Bottom