Organic Grow

Hey There Crimson420!
It must be hard to sacrifice one plant for another! You have a very busy growroom!! Looking forward to see which remedy you use to get rid of the mites. :thumb:

Hey There Crimson420!
It must be hard to sacrifice one plant for another! You have a very busy growroom!! Looking forward to see which remedy you use to get rid of the mites. :thumb:
eh its hard at first, but considering I've been smoking the strain for a year now, im more excited about getting something new in there.. I'll only chop one down and let the other wonder woman go a couple more weeks.

TCK sorry about the mites, Hope you get them quickly. :goodluck:

thanks buddy, since I'm not quite set on a solution just yet I'm going to be using soap+water+alch mixture and washing the leaves every couple days to keep them under control. I have been doing lots of research and my case isn't too advanced just yet, so hopefully I can put a dent in their population for the time being. I'm very hesitant to spray anything on the buds considering they're 6 weeks into flower. My problem is my room isn't fully sealed, so lady bugs would be able to spread to the rest of my house, and keeping anything from getting into the room from the rest of the house is fairly difficult. I'm going to start some chives and any other simple to grow plants to help repel the mites, as it seems to be the best long term solution for my situation.

I haven't noticed any major damage thus far, so I'm really hoping to get to them before that happens. looks like my "ph, rust spotting" that I had incorrectly diagnosed earlier is actually the mite damage. My ph was off on the flowering plants, but since corrected, the mites are my only problem now.

regardless of my issues, BPN is still killing it and making my buds fat and juicy. The journal was dedicated to my new strains primarily, so I don't feel bad cutting the older plants down early.

yeah I've considered it, I will probably add a few of them in my room to catch the stragglers.. I believe a combination of that, cleaning the leaves, and just being on top of it daily will take care of the problem.

I recently brought some plants inside that I had outside, not cannabis but just house plants I want to keep going for next season, I have a feeling the mites came from there

yeah I've considered it, I will probably add a few of them in my room to catch the stragglers.. I believe a combination of that, cleaning the leaves, and just being on top of it daily will take care of the problem.

I recently brought some plants inside that I had outside, not cannabis but just house plants I want to keep going for next season, I have a feeling the mites came from there

I made that same mistake and got fungas knats never again will my bud room see another specie!

I know you will figure something out you are a pro :Namaste:

What are the chances that you can take those plants that came from outside and any plants near them and take them outside on a cold night. Not freezing though. Then first thing in morning hit them with a hose to wash off most of them. What do you think about that? I am pretty sure they don't like temps below 50 or somewhere around there. How far along are they again?

Unless of course you have lights on at night....

I made that same mistake and got fungas knats never again will my bud room see another specie!

I know you will figure something out you are a pro :Namaste:

thanks buddy :high-five:

What are the chances that you can take those plants that came from outside and any plants near them and take them outside on a cold night. Not freezing though. Then first thing in morning hit them with a hose to wash off most of them. What do you think about that? I am pretty sure they don't like temps below 50 or somewhere around there. How far along are they again?

Unless of course you have lights on at night....

yeah unfortunately my light is on at night and I live pretty close to people, so I can't really take them outside.. What I've been doing is when I'm not at home, I turn my heat down to 60 and open all the windows down there, it cools the grow room down significantly and it levels off at about 60.

Last night I went through all the veg plants and wiped down all the leaves. I'm going back to the hydro shop this afternoon to talk to them about mite control and see if they have anything there that I want to use. I went through one flowering plant and removed any leaves I found mites and eggs on. It's pretty easy to spot now that I know to look for the yellow spotting on the leaves. I'm going to continue the daily hand treatment, and whatever remedy I find today, along with keeping the temps low for as long as I see mites, and probably for a month after.

I have decided that the cheese, afghan, aurora, and master are all ready to take clones, so I will be taking them tonight and putting them in bloom. My OG isn't quite ready to give clones yet, I might just flower it and take a cutting when she starts to stretch more.. I still need to grab one or 2 off the SLH that just went into bloom.. I don't want to start flowering with mites, but I really have no more vertical room, and they're 18" tall as it is. I'm confident I can get this under control, I looked this morning and noticed a significant drop in their numbers. Persistence is the key

I have read some pretty positive results regarding the use of rosemary oil for mite control. I found a store nearby that has it, so I picked up 2oz of the stuff. Tonight I will begin applying it. I read that for the first 4 days to apply daily, then every 3 days, then once a week, then biweekly and they should be gone.. Anywhere I read that used it said it completely took care of the mites. I will post my results.

Just read all 12 pages. Fantastic Grow going with Blue Planet.

I'm subbed

I am going to try to enlist in the Blue Planet Army today.

I'm subbed

welcome aboard brother, stay subbed because the fun is only about to begin with these new strains :cheer:

Don't hesitate in giving BPN a try, their nutes have been producing amazing results for everyone who has used them so far, I have yet to see anyone do damage to their plants with them.

I'm subbed

check out the whole army in my signature!!!

:peacetwo:

I'm subbed

I got your enlistment package, you have been accepted and were immediately promoted to Colonel ;)

I'm feeling really good about this, I mixed up 5ml of rosemary oil, a few drops of dish soap and then filled the rest of the 32oz spray bottle with water. I tested it on the AI and MK plants last night just to be sure it wasn't too strong to harm the plants. Afterwards, I took a leaf off the MK that had a significant amount of damage and had eggs and mites underneath, after I was done working down there, I inspected the leaf with my trich scope and looked at at least 5 of the little bastards and they were all curled up in a ball dead. Tonight I'm going to spray the rest of veg down and the flowering plants.

On another good note, I was able to take 2 cuttings from Aurora, Master, Cheese, and SLH. I have AK and OG to clone yet, but am waiting just a few more days. I will be transplanting the new strains into bigger pots just before flower.

Gave everything a feeding last night, I might as well post what I've been doing with my feedings. I mix up a big batch at the strongest strength my garden requires at the given time, let it brew with an air stone in a 5 gallon bucket. Right now my strength is 5ml G/ 30ml B/ 5ml M. When I need to feed the vegging plants, I take 3/4 gallon of the mix, fill the rest with plain water, then add another 5ml of G, and any additives I decide to use (I don't give the additives with each feeding). When I feed the blooming plants that are stretching, it's the same process except I add 10ml of G and an extra 5ml of Micro. When I feed those later in bloom, I add the kBud and other additives with each feeding, I generally mix it into the gallon I'm watering with.

I also harvested half of the smallest wonder woman I had going, and after trimming these sticky beautiful buds, I have to say, BPN is some serious shit. Considering I cut at day 45/70 (I have done this in the past and the buds weren't even close to being this developed), this stuff looks amazing. The entire cola is rock solid, extremely dense, the bud is a light green with bright orange hairs, and trichomes everywhere. I tried taking pics this morning but didn't have good enough light, when it dries, I will post some pics of what it looks like, it blew me away. I am drying it my normal way before smoking some, so it will be about a week maybe less before I post up an early smoke report of it.

But going by appearance, BPN REALLY stepped up my finished product. I am sold on how wonderful these organics are, and with practice, I'm certain it will get even better. I'm going to be using this line exclusively now.

Based on how amazing they look, I have decided to let the bigger of the two go it's entire 10 weeks. I'm phasing the strain out for a while, so I have to see what this will be like when given it's time to finish. The main cola is already as wide as a soda can, and they have as much as 25 days left.

If you haven't already, go get some blue planet nutrients and try it for yourself.

Sprayed all of the plants down with the mixture last night, I am noticing a significant decrease in their numbers and I found where the motherload was. The SLH plant that had the webbing on was singled out, and I found that only that bud had webbing on it. Upon further inspection, every node had webbing around it, so I sprayed the entire plant down well, then wiped every bud and node to get the webbing off, then I sprayed it down again really good. I was moving the plants around in flower to get better coverage and my helper CFL that I use just for seeing things fell on my other wonder woman and broke the stem in half so I had to harvest it last night. I'm really bummed, but I left 2 small branches on the plant and I'm putting it back in veg.. I already regenerated this plant after it started to flower, so if it comes back from this without any male flowers, I'm taking a cutting and keeping it as a mother.

It appears I'm winning in the battle against these little bastards

Crimson, good job! Sounds like you are doing the right thing and getting aggressive. You keep that up and you will have a very successful harvest with minimal or no noticeable bug damage. I love your thoroughness, + Reps you deserve it bro!

thanks guys, I'm seeing less and less of them. I'm sure if I keep it up for a while I'll be back on track.. The plants actually look to be growing better now too, maybe they were starting to be stressed out from having all their juice sucked out by the bastard bugs..

I had a smoke last night of the wonder woman and I have to take a few moments to thank Blue Planet Nutrients for developing such a great product. I have been smoking this strain for a year now, and it has never once tasted as good as it tastes now. Keep in mind, this was cut 25 days early on top of things. The taste is so strong and almost floral I would describe it, but it lasts for the entire bowl, not just the first couple of hits. The high, even though it was cut early is still very intense, it is an extremely clear headed almost to the point of being overpowering. This strain usually has a more indica type high, but cutting early really changes that, there is very little couchlock, and although its not the trippy sativa type high, its very enjoyable and spaces you out in thought. The thing I am most surprised about is the duration. I smoked one bowl of it last night and I was still feeling the effects at about 30% 3 hours later when I went to sleep. I generally smoke when I get home for work and then again before bed, but I didn't need to smoke before bed with this.

The buds are still a little wet, they were in a paper bag sitting on my reflector. I found this is the best way to fast dry without losing any taste or potency. these super dense buds are dry enough to be used as an enjoyable smoke in 2 days. For what it's worth, I love cured bud, but there's also a part of me that really loves fresh uncured bud.

If the wonder woman tastes this good, I can't wait to taste the super lemon haze. I'll have enough wonder woman to last me until the haze goes its 10-11 weeks. I can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom